[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

treating injured cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ayDNoRg.jpg (852KB, 2957x2534px) Image search: [Google]
ayDNoRg.jpg
852KB, 2957x2534px
this is my cat. hes an outdoor cat, but i've taken him inside on special occasion. hes been getting bullied by other cats and hes very badly scratched on the face. he cant get up and walk, im guessing he has an injury around his tummy i cant see because he doesnt want me to pick him up. hes also got a pretty bad leg injury. how do i treat his cuts? I was thinking alcohol but im looking for something not too harsh, just to get him healed in a few days or so. something that wont hurt him. maybe a cream or gel?
>>
Get him to a vet, and make him an indoor cat. I'll be nice and say that indoor cats love longer, happier lives. Letting a cat go outdoors is letting the cat own YOU
>>
>>2176319
i was thinking this, since i now work i can take him to the vet regularly and get him the care he deserves.
>>
Oh no, get him to the vet ASAP, he looks like he's in a lot of pain
>>
>>2176315
It looks like internal bleeding OP. Get that thing to the Vet.
>>
>>2176315
Before and after you take the guy to the vet make sure you give him a lot of love; oxytocin helps immunity in cats and people.
>>
He needs to be seen by a vet. Putting cream on the wound is too late, if he's lethargic and sickly and cannot walk, he very likely has an infection and nothing you can apply externally will get rid of it. Cat bites and scratches can be very dangerous as their teeth and claws are thin and sharp like needles and can drive bacteria deep under the skin. He needs medication.
>>
>>2176315
get him to the vet you stupid fuck
>>
He's going to die, OP. I seriously hope you got him to the vet. Looks like he may have been hit by a car.

Almost hoping this is a troll because fuck...
>>
i hate cats and this is fucked up, op

just shoot it for fuck's sake
>>
>>2176315
>outdoor cat
I suggest stomping it until the twitching stops.
>>
He is most likely seriously injured and he needs to be seen ASAP. I'd be surprised if he makes it through the night.
>>
That cat is in fucking rough shape. He needs emergency vetinary care now.
>>
how does it feel that the only person that's responsible for this is yourself for being such a terrible neglecting incompetent twat.

YOU killed that cat, OP.
>>
>>2176698
feels pretty good, I have 2 other cats that are in good health so this isn't really a big loss for me
>>
>>2176703
>t. Occasionally Strangles Cats
>>
>>2176315
For those who don't know.

Cat bites are infinitely worse than their scratches. If you pet is clawed by a cat, be thankful. At least they weren't bitten. Cat teeth are small enough that the skin on a wound usually heals over quickly, but because of the extreme level of bacteria stored in cats' mouths, that means that your pet ends up with a pocket of healed over bacteria now underneath the tougher skin of a scar. As the area is infected, the lical fat will become necrotic and begin to amplify the damage to your pet. In time, this area will drain on its own, but usually not well enough. As most animals we own have fur, it will become matted over the area from the leaked fluids, making draining it now even more difficult. This lets the infection spread and new pockets form that drain and mat the hair as well. In time, everything except for bones in those areas will be eaten away, until you have no recourse but to put down your family's oldest friend.
All because you were too cheap to get a $100 cleaning done and a checkup scheduled. Congrats.
>>
>>2176315
>>2176315
I don't know why everyone's scolding you, op. I for one am glad your cat's in pain and likely to die soon.
I wish the same fate on every outdoor and feral cat. If only more owners were as neglectful as you, op
>>
>>2176315
I hope you got that cat to the vet. You should burn in Hell. Look at him. I hope you never forget that pained face.
>>
>>2176315
Gonna have to agree that he needs to see a vet. He is in a lot of pain and that much is obvious.

If you're bent on treating the wounds yourself, get some Vetericyn. It isn't cheap but it's your best bet for over the counter. But in all honesty I think it's probably too late and putting him down would be the kindest option.
>>
>>2176875
I get bit by a feral mole killer once every two weeks because she's edgy. This cat disease shit is simply not true. Doesn't happen in real life. Cats have required vaccinations anon.
>>
Try using salt water with a cotton ball and putting coconut oil on the areas after the salt water. Coconut oil will help soothe and heal without any burning or unnatural toxins.
>>
Give your cat to someone else you subhuman trash
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.