[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German Shepherd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

when should I start teaching it commands?
first pic it's 1month old, second 3months old
I'm taking him out 2 times a day on long walks 60+min but he's still a kind and really disobedient

>what do?
>>
>buying a 4 week old dog.
smells like BYB.
>>
>>2176027
Your comment has nothing to do with the OP and you're ignorant. Most breeders will allow their buyers to meet and visit the puppies before they're of age.

Anyway to answer OP's question, start teaching commands immediately. It's never too early. However, 60min + walks are way too long for such a young dog and bad for his joints. Stick with 20 minutes walks and spend more time working on commands and training. That mental stimulation will tire him out the most
>>
>>2176027
BYB?
he stayed 2 weeks with his mom and then he joined our family
>>
>>2176032
>he stayed 2 weeks with his mom and then he joined our family
this dog comes from a BYB not from a breeder.
>>
>>2176032
>he stayed 2 weeks with his mom
just get him euthanized, he won't be able to learn anything.
>>
>>2176032
So he was 6 weeks old when you took him home?
>>
>>2176061
>he stayed 2 weeks with his mom and then he joined our family
no he was 2.

this is a BYB thread.
>>
I never taught mine any command aside from "come here if you want me to pet you".
He's 4 years olds now, kinda grumpy, i think i fucked up but at least he likes me the most out of everybody in my family.
Also became good friends with my Golden Retriever who is 2 years younger.
>>
>>2176025
Looks more like a Malinous....
>>
>>2176075
Belgian Malinois....
>>
>>2176030
I believe there's some kind of formula to figure out how long you can take a puppy out for a walk. like 5 minutes for every month of age or something, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2176032
>>2176035
>>2176045
>>2176061
>>2176062

Where did this meme come from where are the studies that prove a puppy is mentally fucked if it leaves its mom at a certain age.
>>
Adopted a GSD(maybe BYB idk) at one year of age, is it to late to form a bond? She's a bit stubborn toward me
>>
>>2178319
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201601/what-age-should-puppies-be-brought-their-new-homes

>blog

It provides the sources you idiot.
>>
>>2178332
It'll take some time but the dog will eventually come around.
>>
>>2178338
I was just curious 14 weeks seems about right
>>
What's the deal if hips look funny but there is no pain or shyness from exercise? I have a 12 month old doggo with cockeyed hips but he jumps up 5 foot embankments, over couches, runs up stairs, and has no problem jogging/walking for 1hr plus.
>>
>>2178342
Sorry, I'm used to a majority of people here being complete idiots. But yeah 14 weeks is optimal 8 weeks is okay, I've adopted dogs in that range and they can turn out okay. As long as the dog had good socializing it'll make the biggest difference. We bought a female poodle that was 3 months old but she was afraid of people, she was good with other dogs but not people. I'm guessing the breeders didn't socialize her. She's better now but nothing like our other dogs who love people. She's still cautious but at least she'll let you pet her now and not run off to hide.
>>
>>2178344
It'll effect him later in life, they have a corrective surgery for it. Kind of pricey but much cheaper than having to keep getting your dog a monthly shot and having to buy glucosamine pills for them to take daily.
>>
>>2178346
So it's likely just a mild case? We're going to the vet next week so my fingers are crossed
>>
>>2178350
Yeah, it's mild but I'd still get the surgery. Much cheaper to correct than it is to replace.
>>
>>2178351
Thanks dude, I'm really hoping it's just super mild case or pano
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.