[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the best way for a crazy dog person to interact with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1461706658287.jpg (331KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
1461706658287.jpg
331KB, 600x688px
what is the best way for a crazy dog person to interact with dogs but isn't capable of owning one or fostering one for several more years

i already contacted a breeder to be put on a ridiculously long waiting list (3 years) so that's exciting, i just hope she emails me back

in the meantime i want to get some snuggles from other dogs because i am obsessed i watch dog behaviour and training videos and read up on dogs until like 5-6 am every day it's very hard to go on without one

i am watching dog videos as i type this and it bothers me that i can't get one myself until i graduate and hopefully get approved by this breeder
>>
>>2175598
Volunteer at a shelter
>>
>>2175607
i looked into it already, they require a 6 month commitment and i can't promise that kind of time
>>
>>2175610
Then give up on your dream
>>
>>2175598
please don't get your dog from a breeder buddy. get it from a local animal shelter. i've had dogs for almost 30 years and the best ones, healthiest ones, and most loyal ones are from the shelter. i've got them as puppies and a couple of years old, and they are all great dogs.

best way to sneak in some free pats is to go down to a popular dog park at a good time like 530pm when everyone gets home from work and walks their dogs straight away. dog people are always happy to let people pat their dog. if you just say"i love dogs but i cant own one yet" they will all understand and u can get free time with some furry friends.

thanks and good luck :)
>>
>>2175610
Find another shelter or rescue. There's more than one
>>
>>2175640
i'd be getting a dog from a reputable breeder. i've done my homework

thanks for the dog park tip though

>>2175641

there really isn't, my city seems to have franchised shelters, there are only humane societies it seems
>>
>>2175598
Contact a local rescue and say you want to help out with events or dog walking. They tend to be less structured and appreciate any extra help.
>>
>>2175610
If you can't handle a 6 month commitment to a shelter, what the fuck makes you think you can handle a 10-14 YEAR commitment to a dog?

Go back to watching dog videos. You shouldn't own one.
>>
Stop using breeders you heartless fucks. Have you any idea how many dogs need a home?
>>
>>2175691
school idiot. once i graduate i'd have a steady schedule
>>
>>2175693
That's a fucking excuse and you know it. Find the time to volunteer at your shelter.

What the fuck is going to happen when you get done with school? "Oh I can't walk the dog today I'm too tired after work." "Oh I can't take the dog to the dog park this weekend I have too much to do around the house". Either man up and make time for the commitment or give up on your dream. That half assed resolve with get you nowhere with a dog.
>>
There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a dog from a reputable breeder.
>>
>>2175724
It's irresponsible for someone (a breeder) to create extra dogs that they do not intend to care for in a world where millions of dogs are killed every year for space in over crowded shelters. Buying from a breeder is being part of the problem, basically.
>>
>>2175726
Reputable breeders are not part of the problem. They do everything in their power to make sure their dogs don't end up in a shelter, and they spay/neuter pups not intended for breeding.

If you want to lower the number of unwanted pets, go after mills and BYBs.
>>
>>2175730
Breeders are like people with kids. You can't really criticise them right now but you can't deny they are fucking the world really hard with their selfish reproduction obsession
>>
>>2175733
Of course you can criticize breeders, there are good ones and bad ones.
The bad ones outnumber the good 1,000 to 1. But that doesn't mean that good breeders don't exist.
>>
>>2175730
That's not the point. The point is that they are going into homes in place of animals that need a home. They are creating extra dogs when the world has an alarming surplus of extra dogs. If the shelters were under control in a perfect world, then breeding would be fine.
>>
>>2175730
Breeders are contributing to the problems that mills and bybs contribute to. Just because you are "reputable" doesn't mean you aren't creating more dogs in a world that doesn't need more dogs.
>>
>>2175854
What about breeders breeding dogs for actual work? Surely you cannot expect the police, military, farmers, and hunters to go to a shelter to get a highly specified working dog?
>>
>>2175851
>>2175854

you guys are idiots. the amount of dogs that reputable breeders produce vs the amount of dogs that byb's and puppy mills and the dogs that are produced as a result of them is insignificant. reputable breeders will also take back dogs if owners ever decide they don't want their dogs anymore

the problem isn't reputable breeders, it's puppy mills and bybs.

>>2175699

you literally have 0 knowledge of my life nor how difficult and taxing my schoolwork is. like i said before, once i graduate i'll have a routine not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch chill out
>>
>>2176174
Just in regards to the shelter time commitment issue - it's not like you have to volunteer every day. I volunteer at an independent humane society and they only ask me for one, 4 hour shift a week. If I can't make it in one week, it's no big deal and I just come back the following week as normal. Shelters realize people have other things going on in life and they'll appreciate the help, no matter how minimal your time is.
>>
>>2176336
that's a relief, thanks
>>
>>2175598
Get a boyfriend with a nice dog and a big dick
>>
>>2175640
Fuck that, when I got my first dog it was from a top tire breeder, I have never seen a dog so strong in mh life, it regularly broke steel chains by sheer force, walking him was a man's job and a lady or child would get injured and he aged gracefully being able to jump obstacles higher than him up until the last year of his life at 14. He was supposed to get blind and deaf because of his race but he didnt
>>
>>2175692
Have you any idea how many orphans need a home? Yet heartless homosexual couples choose to rent a girl
So sad :(
>>
>>2175730
As long as it's on topic, there is an old lady that breeds jack Russell's and they have pedigree up to 3 generations and are adorable.
Her online publication even has a long as fuck text describing how her grandsons play with the puppies and certify that are good dogs.
They are expensive as fuck tho and its either one of them or the high end of I'm saving for so I will have to wait sadly
>>
>>2176343
funny you should say that. i recently got out of a relationship with a great guy who i was planning on getting a dog with
>>
>>2176348
Don't fucking get a jack russell until you meet one in the real world.
Scratch that, live next to one for two years and then tell me you want one.
Barking 22 hours a day. Fuck you. Educate yourself.
>>
>>2176417
Cant you just get that fixed in the vet?
>>
>>2175730
This. Also people who need healthy working dogs that won't shit out in three years.

I love mutts, all my dogs have been adopted but there are breeders who don't want breeds to go to shit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.