[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20160723_233303.jpg (3MB, 2059x2364px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_233303.jpg
3MB, 2059x2364px
Apparently my cat has a heart murmur. We'll be taking her to a vet to get her checked out soon. How long do cats with heart murmurs usually live?
>>
>>2174106
Ugh, I'm sorry for your cat. This is a question for a vet, so I'm glad you're going there soon. If you want to talk to a vet online about it that might help give you better information and options than 4chan. Do you know where to go for that?
>>
>>2174767
Fuck you and your spam
>>
Heart murmurs are really variable, and could just as like be nothing to worry about as indicative of a severe cardiac issue, like holes or malfunctioning valves. Definitely speak to your vet, but a low grade murmur isn't something to worry about.

And lifespan really does depend on the severity of the murmur, and what the murmur indicates. I've got a ten year old who's had a murmur since he was a nine week old kitten. He's always been in good health, except for urinary crystals that were sorted with a diet change and a dislocated toe. We actually forgot he had the murmur until he was seeing a new vet for his checkup about a year ago and they brought it up then found it in his notes.

Yeah, talk to your vet and ask how severe it is.
>>
>>2174774
Not spam at all, just trying to help with a referral. 4chan is hardly the best place to go for serious professional help. Most likely OP will be called a faggot and told to kill self or cat, and to vote for Trump.
>>
>>2174106
Mine had one for most of his life.
He just passed away about a month ago at 22.

So like everyone is saying, talk to your vet.
>>
You need to feed it rock soup every 4hrs maam, where ma fukin wall!
>>
Does anyone here know what would cause a cat to stop eating for two days then throw up and die on the third day? My girlfriend's cat just died. We were going to the vet on the third day but it was dead that morning. We know now we should have taken it to the vet sooner but we didn't know then. It would help me feel better to get some insight into what actually caused the death, so we could know in the future what to do to prevent things like this. Obviously go to the vet sooner, but I've been reading online and saw a lot of stuff about a liver disease that could be caused by a bad diet.

I noticed there's already a bunch of cat problem threads and I didn't want to take up too much space so I thought I'd ask here like a cat problem general.
>>
>>2174106
They usually live normal lives. Depending on the murmur, if it's bad it can complicate surgeries.
>>
>>2176926
Literally so many things, and there's a lot we would need to know to even pretend we know what killed it. Age, medical history, normal behavior vs behavior on it's final days etc. And that is only a best guess. A necropsy would give you a better idea
>>
>>2176926
Antifreeze bruh.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.