[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vicious Puppy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed-2.jpg (15KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-2.jpg
15KB, 480x640px
An please help. I'm a first time dog owner, I have a puppy who is jus over 4 months old. He is about 30 pounds and VERY aggressive when he plays. He barks and growl and bites my feet and hands. I try yelping, moving them away, and running away, and not acting, but he just keeps biting hard, like it's a very animal. I try telling him to sit, or throwing a toy, but it doesn't take long until he is back at it. Please please help.

>pic related, his handiwork.
>>
>>2172541
Give him a toy to chew and when he averts his attention, reward him
>>
Unfortunately this is just part of raising a puppy. I spent a few weeks with scratches and bite marks too. Try yelping like a hurt dog would so your pup recognizes that he's biting too hard. If he continues, calmly get up and leave the room for 30 seconds or so - this will teach him that when he plays roughly, the play ends completely.

I'd also suggest looking into puppy classes? That way he can learn directly from other young dogs how tl play properly.
>>
>>2172542
Okay, how about when he bites my hand as I reach for the toy?
>>2172546
Thank goodness he'll calm down. He has been in puppy classes (I go with him), for a month or more now. He is one of the most rowdy pups in the class. I'll try leaving when he bites too hard, since I try to yelp like a puppy and he just doesn't listen to it.
>>
>>2172557
Yeah, it's hard now but I promise if you remain consistent he'll turn out great. You're definitely on the right track and at least being proactive about his behaviour.
What breed is he, I want to see pics of this pupper
>>
>>2172560
Thanks loads, anon. Here he is with his carrot.
>>
>>2172564
Not the other guy but fucking poodles it's always fucking poodles
>>
>>2172567
Always fucking poodles. He's a looker, though.
>>
>>2172567
Poodles a best
>>
Sounds like your pup never learned bite inhibition. I'm guessing he was taken from mom too early.
>>
>>2172541
bite him back...
>>
>>2172541
You need to contact a behavior modification trainer. Get one that is CPDT-KSA certified. You can try to redirect the behavior on your own, but if it isn't working then it is time for help. Look into the book Control Unleashed Puppy version as well.
>>
>>2172541
Beat another dog in front of him
>>
>>2172541
Pull out his canine teeth.
>>
>>2172541

When he bites you, grab that little motherfucker by the scruff of the neck, pick him up off his feet, look him dead in the eye, and tell him NO. Once he drops his gaze in submission, he's showing you that he understands, and you can let him down. Be consistent, and he'll learn that it's NOT o.k. to put his little fucking teeth on you.
>>
>>2172541
>>2174166

And another thing, because you've been fucking up and letting that little shit do what the fuck he wants, he'll probably whelp and cry as soon as you snatch him up by the scruff.....GOOD! Let him whine while you look that bastard right in the eye and tell him NO. He'll get the message real quick.
>>
>>2172557
my dog was like this when she was a pup. Its a phase like other anons are saying. Just stick with it and try to train / distract him and he'll grow out of it.
>>
File: 1468384655441.gif (305KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
1468384655441.gif
305KB, 261x199px
>>2172541
Wow. You are a dumbass.
Your dog sees you as physically weaker and therefore inferior--to do with as it pleases. Your bullshit play-acting just reinforces that notion to him.
I'd make suggestions on how to raise a dog properly and how to fix your current problem (in a day or two at most) but you'd probably just whine and cry 'abuse'.
Don't be surprised when you have to surrender it but do keep in mind that it'll be entirely your fault.
>>
No dog trainer consult here? I can put you in touch with one online if you give an email I can send to you.
>>
>>2172541
if you haven't been doing this, please start immediately i think it will help you immensely. yelp when he bites you, then put him in a secure location like a bathroom for a minute. he'll get the message after a day or two i promise you'll notice an almost immediate improvement

not reacting doesn't mean that the puppy understands what he's doing isn't right. you have to make it clear to him that if he bites you, play time ends. you have to send a deliberate message that what he's doing isn't acceptable behaviour

>>2174170

i would suggest you not do this.. direct eye contact, especially when being picked up and getting in their personal space, can be very threatening to a dog. he might react aggressively, not to mention that scaring your dog into obeying you is only going to make him scared of you in the long run
>>
>>2174586
>t. MICROSHIT
dogs are not your sex life--so stop giving impotent advice.
>>
>>2172541
mine did bite as a puppy too
It stops when they get their "real teeth"
>>
>>2174586
> going to make him scared of you in the long run

Quit projecting your own physical and mental weakness, cowardice, and fear, onto dogs.

Dogs don't become "scared" of you when you correct them for shitty behavior, they RESPECT you. Bitches, dogs, and older siblings growl and nip at pups to correct their behavior, and the pups learn the rules of the pack, and grow up to be well mannered dogs.

Pups living with people are no different.
>>
OP here. Hi, everyone, thanks for the advice.
The lady I take puppy classes from is amazing trainer, and if this keeps up, I'll call her in for some private lessons to help train my puppy.

I've started spraying him with water when he tackles my feet, and it works-- I also like the "isolate for one minute" idea, but so far, water is effective.

He weighs forty pounds, lifting him by the scruff of his next is both impossible and would likely cause a lot of pain. The animal abuse anon can stop posting because, sorry, I don't cause anyone pain to teach them a lesson.

Thanks again for your input, everyone. He still has his puppy teeth, so fingers crossed this stops when his big boy teeth come in.
>>
>>2174764
>The animal abuse anon

Doesn't have to ask strangers on the net how to raise a fucking dog...
>>
File: 2016-07-25 08.44.53.png (4MB, 1112x1977px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25 08.44.53.png
4MB, 1112x1977px
>>2174764
kek
>being able to scare a dog with water
When I turn on the garden hose, my dog runs into the stream and plays with it
she also playfully snaps at the mist of spraybottles and enters every body of water instantly, even in winter

but good luck with your puppy, you'll see, with the new teeth, the biting will stop
>>
>>2174764
That's okay, op. Your dog can just get shot by police later on because you weren't an intelligent enough owner.
Apologize to your dog because you shouldn't own one.
>>
>>2174166
>Once he drops his gaze in submission, he's showing you that he understands
>showing you that he understands
No, he'll be saying "I'm scared, please don't hurt me." Not that he "understands." That literally makes no sense. The dog will react that way regardless of what he's done if he's treated like that
>>
>>2174653
>Dogs don't become "scared" of you when you correct them for shitty behavior, they RESPECT you
It's ironic that you're whining about someone projecting because THIS is the real projecting. Dogs aren't "respecting" you when you hurt them or intimidate the fuck out of them. They are scared, and thus they want to avoid the scary thing. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>2174764
Ending playtime immediately when he bites will be the most effective solution (though it may take some repetition for him to learn so be consistent!) This sets a clear expectation that when he bites, playtime is over. You can couple this with the spray bottle if that snaps him out of it, too:

>puppy bites
>spray him, then immediately leave the room in a way that he can't follow you (shut a door behind you, etc.)
>wait 30 seconds, then come back and resume play
>repeat

I know it's frustrating, but he'll learn. It's not uncommon for puppies to go through phases of biting/nipping and being too rough during play. With consistency and time, he will learn and he'll grow out of it.
>>
>>2174846
Actually, what's truly ironic is the fact that you idiots can't grasp the concept of creating an association between a bad behavior and a consequence, while dogs and puppies can.

You are all spineless cowards that think your dogs are just like you, and will become an emotional wreck if you do anything other than talk sternly to it when it does stupid shit. They're not. That's why the majority of pets don't respect their owners, but merely tolerate them for the food they provide and the attention they give them.

People like you are why dogs get hit by cars, run away from home, and get killed by the millions in shelters, because you don't have the ability, or the will, to actually train them and be a leader.

Enjoy your out of control animals.
>>
>>2172541
Smack him on the head hard
>>
>>2174842
>Your dog can just get shot by police later on because you weren't an intelligent enough owner.
Like the cops need an excuse to shoot your dog: https://youtu.be/K-ChXT2Kmcg
>>
Sexual abuse can make permanent changes to behavior. I suggest touching his penis every time he's disobedient or fingering his asshole when he bites.
>>
Get a clicker and when playing rough when he does a lick instead of a bite, click and reward.
>>
>>2172564
>poodle
That anon lied to you, he's not going to calm down. Poodles a shit.

At a certain point you've just gone too far genetically and avoiding behavioral problems and illness becomes nearly impossible. Poodles, Dalmations, Chows, Pugs, their existence is a cruel joke humanity has inflicted upon them.
>>
>>2172541
Put yor hand on it's head when he missbehaves and keep it down untill he has calmed down, and be calm when you do this, he will understand that is a kind of punishment and will stop doing that
>>
>>2175073
LOL
>>
>>2175042

Yeah I wish my dad would let me sit shotgun, too.
>>
A friend of mine claims that whenever a puppy he's raising gives him a hard bite, he yelps and then bites it back to show it what it's doing to him.
>>
>>2174653
>>2174830
>>2174842

> muh HESPECT

t. mexinigger
>>
>>2175679
that's disgusting m8
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.