/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wolf killed in zoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

http://www.heroviral.com/rebel-wolf-killed-zoo/

Tldr:

A child gets his fingers nibbed by a wolf in a zoo. Mother demands to kill the wolf to check for rabies even if she knew the wolf had all his medical shots taken.

It happened again.

What would you do as a mom, knowing that the wolf had his rabied shots taken?
>>
i wouldn't want the wolf to be killed but it's ultimately the responsibility of the zoo to ensure that 4 year old fingers can't reach the animals
>>
>>2172164
that can't be true

if it were my child, I would trust the staff's word that it had all the shots

I would NEVER demand to kill an animal, just because my child did something stupid, which I most likely could have prevented

the mother is just a stupid bitch in my opinion
>>
Justice for wolf. When will all these innocent animals being killed demand justice. #animallivesmatter
>>
>>2172167
>>2172168
>>2172171
Wow animals and nature got way better.
About a year ago when I browsed it, it was more edgy.
>>
>>2172164
Even though wolves can get rabies vaccine, I guess the vaccine has never really been tested on wolves and therefore, somewhat useless as far as proof that they can't have rabies. Basically, despite a wolf or wolfdog having rabies vaccine, it would still need a bite quarantine/head test if it ever bit. It's pretty bullshit, they should just spend time and money testing the vaccine for wolves given all the fake wolf-dog hybrid shit going around.
>>
Jesus Christ, what's with all the zoo animals getting killed this year?
>>
>>2172178
Nah, it's still edgy garbage. Animal abuse is everywhere on this board, but at least that one gore spammer is gone the faggot.
>>
>>2172164
Stupid motherfuckers in this world... They should fine the family for trespassing. They were in a restricted area.
>>
>>2172167
I have never been to a zoo where I couldn't just shove my hands through bars or a chain link fence unless they were behind glass.

Honestly zoos should just have a wavier to sign at this point. If you get bit its your own damn fault.
>>
>>2172207
what kind of shit tier zoo would that be?
proper barriers insure the safety of the visitors AND the animals
>>
So was it not possible to check for rabies without killing the wolf?
>>
>>2172207
I have never been to a zoo where you were even capable of getting that close to the animals unless you physically climbed over barriers and jumped into the enclosure or exhibit. If you are capable of putting your hands through a fence, it is not the main fence.

T. Britbong.
>>
>>2172164
that's bullshit,the zoo should've said "no" to killing the wolf
>>
>>2172255
>implying they can

>implying they'd risk a huge lawsuit
>>
>>2172164
Kill myself for being a shit mother and human.
>>
>>2172167
this. a thousand times this.

I would also value my children more than a wolf.
It is pretty shitty that this happened. But really, only the zoo is to blame here
>>
>>2172181
Why the fuck would that wolf have rabies anyway? Zoo animals are some of the most closely monitored animals there are, health-wise.

Rabies is a concern with stray animals because nobody knows what other animals they've interacted with, but I doubt a lot of stray cats or foxes would dare approach wolves enough to give them rabies.
>>
>>2172246
This goes for any animal. The only way to be 100% sure is to inspect the brain. That being said the mother is a fucking retard. I don't blame the kid, who probably didn't know any better, but the mom is supposedly an adult.
>>
>>2172222
>>2172322
>>2172333
Those numbers
>>
File: 1465303897293.jpg (50KB, 506x358px) Image search: [Google]
1465303897293.jpg
50KB, 506x358px
>>2172164
>retard brings child into restricted area
>kid gets nipped
>wolves are in a clean captive environment so there is 0% chance of rabies
>they kill it instead of this cunt mother being charged for putting the child in danger

I don't even
>>
I'd probably just have my child get the rabies shots. It's a hassle, and kids hate shots, but supposedly they aren't nearly as painful as they used to be. No need to kill anything.
>>
>>2173033
Don't lump Harambe and blacks together you faggot, Harambe was much more civilized.
>>
>>2173037
They're just a normal shot now. I had to get one when some kid couldn't hold his dog back and he lunged and bit me. The worst part was probably losing a couple hours having to go to the doctor.
>>
Would the rabies shot have 100% protected the child from rabies if they did actually contract it from this wolf? If so, then did they literally just have the wolf killed because they were too lazy/cheap to get shots?

That doesn't seem right, but I get the feeling I can't really judge so long as I continue to eat meat solely for taste.
>>
>>2172164
I demand that they kill the mother to check for bitchies.
>>
>>2172247
At most there's a small wooden fence in front of the actual cages with about 3 or so feet inbetween. I'm a manlet and if I can reach it, kids can too. I see parents having to pull their kids off the fence all the time.
>>
>>2172164
Any animal that has attacked a visitor in any way should be killed with no exception. It's your responsibility as the park staff and its your own fucking fault that it happened so stop crying about it
>>
>>2172342
I know. But that's the law, his brain is being tested for rabies because even though it's overkill, people are very scared of rabies. That's why we give the vaccine yearly even though it's 99% effective after the first one year vaccine.
>>
>>2172164

We have a lot of kids. Way more kids than wolves. I'd say just put the kid down.
>>
>>2172333
Watch your kid. It's your's. If your kid is too young to understand danger then it's up to you to protect it. I do think child>animal but if it gets bit at the zoo because it was fucking around where it shouldn't, it's your fault.
If it falls into a gorilla cage? Yeah it sucks that the gorilla has to be shot. But you should also be charged with some fucking bullshit too because it's your fault for not watching your kid.

>>2173061
Rabies vaccines are not 100%, but mostly are. Even then killing an animal to look at it's brain is not the only way to test for rabies, but for some reason no one can be bothered to quarantine something. This is because killing something and taking tests from its brain is the fastest way to do it and no one can bother to wait a little over a week instead.
Only 6% or so percent of wild animals test positive, and 1% for domestic animals. I see no statistics on zoo animals but I bet its about the same if not less than domestic animals because they are secured. This is VERY LOW for first world countries.
http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/diagnosis/animals-humans.html

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/usa/surveillance/human_rabies.html
>Human rabies cases in the United States are rare, with only 1 to 3 cases reported annually. Thirty-four cases of human rabies have been diagnosed in the United States since 2003, in which 10 cases were found to have contracted infection outside of the United States and its territories.

At this point its simply liability. Like how you have 'contains peanuts' on a packet of fucking peanuts because this country is so sue-happy.
>>
>>2172164
I would beat the shit outta my kid for reaching in to a fucking wolf cage, the mom is at fault here for not watching what her stupid ass kid was doing
>>
>>2174135
My parents would have slapped me and made me apologize to everyone for doing that, and making an issue for me being a dumbass.
>>
Why not kill the dumbass that stuck their fingers in its territory to make sure it didn't contract rabies?
>>
>>2173750
Then the kid would be a good test subject for science. If he doesn't get rabies the vaccine is effective.
>>
>>2174093
Kek
>>
>>2172222
Zoos are just scams to exploit animals and take your money for the privilege. They never put the time, money, and effort into making proper enclosures in first world nations and don't even get me started about the shitty state of zoos in Southeast Asian countries.

Safety costs too much and it undermines their bottom line. Same reason why SeaWorld never bothered to put real dividers until people got pissed at them: you make more money off of raking the consumer's wallets than the inevitable fucking lawsuit that gets settled out of court costs!

Not to say save the animuls ;____; but it's all just money in the end. Human lives, animal lives, they are but mere numbers when your balance sheet is in the black.
>>
The child could've just had the rabies vax just in case and they could've left the wolf alone.

Like, they don't even give you the shots in your stomach anymore. It's a reasonable preventative measure if you aren't sure.
>>
>>2174386
They should donate your brain to science to study mental illness
>>
>>2172164
After a worker left a gate open to an area that is off-limits visitors went into the area.
I hope this worker was fired
Or at the very least demoted to work in the gift shop
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.