[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would hypothetically like to swim with a great white shark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I would hypothetically like to swim with a great white shark one day.

Does it attack unprovoked?

How do I not provoke one?

Is there a certain duration one can swim with one before they get agitated?

Are they territorial?

What are some tells, if any, that it will want to feast or attack me?

Should I just guess and be lucky that it doesn't feel like nipping me?

Safety tips?
>>
>>2171817
>Safety tips?

Don't swim with maneaters?

And shark's won't attack unprovoked but they will nibble if they're curious. Unfortunately a big shark's nibble is more than enough to kill a man.

Anyway thrill seekers have swum alongside Great Whites just fine. There doesn't seem to be any extreme danger but if the shark comes towards you you're completely fucked.
>>
Future life insurance company:
"Your honor exhibit A as to why we are not paying his beneficiary $1.2 million dollars today."
>>
>>2171830
>shark's

er, sharks rather
>>
I'd love to swim with some too. I just think sharks are cute. For some reason
>>
>>2171817
>Does it attack unprovoked?
I depends on the shark
i remember seeing this documentary where this guy wanted to swim with sharks but had to test how they reacted touching their snout. depending on their reaction he could say if it was safe to swim with them
>>
Look I get that it's a cool and dangerous, edgy thing to do, and that it would be super gnarly to tell all your friends (probably repeatedly) that you 'swam with a great white' but unless you're in a cage I strongly suggest you dont. They tend to eat large food-looking items. Just watch a James Bond movie if you want to feel cool for a couple hours.
>>
>>2171891
>gnarly
>James Bond
How old are you?
>>
>>2172482
How young are you? James Bond is awesome. No matter how young/old you are. Unless you're under 18. Or female.
>>
Go shark-watching in a cage. It's no use someone on the internet telling you that on average, sharks attack after 3.47 minutes of human company and the best indicator is a 20% increase in the lateral movement of the tail fin and a tendency to swim counter-clockwise. Even if there was enough data to have a good estimate, do you think you could read the body language of something as alien as a shark through several feet of water? Do you trust that you won't meet a shark that is exceptionally hungry or already agitated due to some other reason? If you do spot the 'tell' that means it's about to attack, how do you plan on out-swimming an oceanic apex predator? Sharks don't seem strongly motivated to deliberately prey on humans and hunt them down, but neither are they shy, intelligent and gentle creatures that would never harm a human without being provoked. There will always be a risk.
>>
>>2171817
Why the fuck can't you just go shark cage diving like a normal person?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.