[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop Magpies from getting trapped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 8

File: European Magpie..jpg (2MB, 2757x1838px) Image search: [Google]
European Magpie..jpg
2MB, 2757x1838px
My mother hates magpies for stupid reasons and I want to protect them.
She got a big trap off my uncle, it is shaped like a hexagon and has multiple cells.
There is a middle cell where you put a live Magpie in preferably a strange one and keep alive.
The others will go into the other cells to either help or kill the middle magpie, those magpies get their neck broken.

I want to keep them out of the trap but I cannot sabotage make it seem I am letting them out.
Is there anything I can leave in the trap to prevent them from entering what so ever?
Something sneaky like some food they won't eat or something smelly I can spray?

I understood her killing the crows even though I am against it, they were keeping her wake when she was on night shift but the Magpies are doing nothing wrong.
It is just old age meme hatred and superstition.

TDLR: How do stop Magpies from entering a trap and getting murdered.
>>
By removing the trap.
>>
Presumably you live with your mother, which means you are a child and should live by her rules while you're under her roof.

They are a pest to many, she's doing nothing wrong.

Don't go for that liberal arts degree, start lifting, get a job, move out.
>>
>>2171522
I don't live with my mother, I have a job and my own place.
Magpies did nothing wrong besides being cute, they slide down the shed roof for fun.
>>
>>2171516
just destroy the trap
or your mother

your choice

also, my neighbour poisons magpies
what do?
>>
I have decided with sabotage in the end, I can't destroy the trap because it is expensive.
I have prevented all the levers from working with by bending some paper clips around them and clipping the paper clips so they look like apart of the trap.
My mother will be afraid to do anything in case she breaks it.

They are using wet cat food as bait so I cleaned all that out, wiped the trap down and replaced it with some dog shit mixed with water, looks similar.

>>2171539
>also, my neighbour poisons magpies
>what do?
Poison your neighbors or get rid of the poison when they are not looking.
I am doing this shit at 4 am when the Magpies actually hang around the house.
>>
>>2171560
>They are using wet cat food as bait so I cleaned all that out, wiped the trap down and replaced it with some dog shit mixed with water, looks similar.

kek. you're a good lad OP.
>>
>>2171567
Magpies won't be attracted to dog poo will they?
>>
>>2171516
Jesus christ why wouldn't she get earplugs. There's non-invasive too for those who get ear infection in the canal easily. I can understand irritation and I am sometimes also woken up by wildlife, but she's living on this planet and has to be able to deal with it.

Man up and tell her this won't stand.
>>
>>2171583
Crows were the one who kept her awake they all fled after my brother shot a few.
Magpies do nothing, it is all based on old shitty farming thinking.
Her father killed Magpies and his father did and so on.

My Mother is generally a compassionate person but she has a hatred for Corvids, most people do.
I told her she was Hitler and I would stand for it but they look at me like I am retarded.
They scoff when I tell them corvids are intelligent and are a close family unit, killing one will upset them more than any other animal.
>>
>>2171588
What sort of bonkers backwater shithole are you living in mate? And most normal people couldn't give a toss about corvids, let alone want to go to any effort to kill them
>>
>>2171610
Not op, but most hate corvids for eating their crops or gardens. And being smart enough to steal through whatever barrier you put over a garden.
>>
>>2171588
if you're in the US just call fish and game.

iirc it's against federal law to kill magpies. Or to keep a live one. or to trap them. Or to have one of their feathers. Or eggs.

pretty much against federal law to interfere with them in any way.
>>
Magpies are qt, wish they lived here. Ffs three hour drive and they are there, but not here. Oh well at least i got a weirdo crow living nearby that bwaks instead of caws. Though ive pissed him off and he went full angry crow on me. Also saw him and his girl harass a squirrel. Crow battle tactics are impressive.
>>
>>2171610
>>2171623
Ireland we are still a huge agricultural country, a lot of dumb ideas get passed on like not feeding barn cats because they will hunt better.
Anyways it is legal to kill Magpies here because they interfere with game birds or game bird eggs or something.

They don't touch our crops or steal eggs. At most they steal some left over cat food after the cats eat but is very little.

I like the Magpies they are funny and the only bird to put up with the cats, they enjoy fucking with the cats sometimes.
>>
>>2171623
Don't listen to this idiot, it's legal to kill magpies if they cause damage to crops, shade trees, livestock or wildlife and if they have a big enough population to cause health problems. It's only illegal to hunt magpies.
>>
>>2171649
>it's legal to kill magpies
>It's only illegal to hunt magpies.
kek
>>
>>2171653
Yeah you can't go out to the woods to shoot them or trap them. But if they're on your property they're free game.
>>
>>2171649
>this trophy buck was being a pest eating my carrots!
>sweartogod occifer!
>>
>>2171654
look, dillweed-
here's a list of birds protected by federal law. You'll notice magpies are on it.
>https://www.fws.gov/birds/management/managed-species/migratory-bird-treaty-act-protected-species.php

wildlife on your private property does NOT belong to you. Killing magpies on your property without a hunting license is poaching.

have fun in jail.
>>
>>2171656
>he doesn't have a damage permit

Faggot.
>>
>>2171659
Okay moron.

>under the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Under the Federal Codes of Regulation (CFR 50, 21.43) it is stated, however, that “a Federal permit shall not be required to control . . . magpies, when found committing or about to commit depredations upon ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in such numbers as to constitute a health hazard or other nuisance. . . .” Most state or local regulations are similar, but consult authorities before taking any magpies.
>>
File: requirements.png (81KB, 1042x699px) Image search: [Google]
requirements.png
81KB, 1042x699px
>>2171661
make sure you file your annual report, use nonlethal methods first, allow wildlife officers unrestricted access to your land, and use nontoxic shot then.

federal laws and all that.
>>
>>2171664

Sure, already do. The local wild life officers family is mostly farmers so he doesn't give a shit. I also mainly use an air break rifle since pellets are significantly cheaper than bullets. Which is a oked by that list.
>>
>>2171522
Hee life has no more value than the magpies, I say make a human trap that kills all those who try to help her, see how she feels.
>>
>>2171525
>Magpies did nothing wrong besides being cute, they slide down the shed roof for fun.

Do they really? That's cute as fuck.

Also that trap you described in the OP sounds really disgusting and fucked up.
>>
>>2171736
Yeah it is a slated shed one will keep watch while two slide down it.
The noise of the claws on the shed sounds awful though but this is at 4 am and you need to have a window open to hear it so it is not a reason for their death.

Yeah cage looks demonic, like the WWE elimination chamber.
>>
>>2171739
>Yeah it is a slated shed one will keep watch while two slide down it.
Oh my fucking god that is so cute. I looked up some videos after I made that post like 30 minutes ago but didn't really see any cute ones.

Also I saw how you handled the trap, that's awesome, you're awesome!
>>
>>2171516
Your mother is a monster, destroy trap and throw away without telling her
Magpies/birds are not pests
>>
>>2171516
pussy. tell her to her face killing corvids is illegal.
if shes exempt, what are you, anti food?
>>
>>2171787
Killing magpies is legal here, they are the 4th most common birds in thr Republic.

I dont expect my sabotoge to last long, the dog poo one might.
>>
damn, this is sad... its the country's national bird of Taiwan.
Seem to be pretty chill.
>>
File: 1357087577301.jpg (38KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1357087577301.jpg
38KB, 450x337px
Day 1 and no dead Magpies yet anons.
I heard her get up at 6 am to check the trap because I told her I would be up early in the morning to let them out.
Sabotage has not been noticed yet.

She underestimated how I meant early though, I get up at 4 to watch the Magpies, they come around that time to play around, I checked the trap at 5 am.
Poos still there and levers do not work.
>>
>>2171588
>Magpies do nothing, it is all based on old shitty farming thinking.

They are particularly well suited to the landscape modern farming provides and quickly become overpopulated while predating on many species of smaller birds and being general nuisances (robbing, getting into trash etc). They require control.

Source: Live on farm, I use a ladder trap when they become an issue.
>>
>>2172154
>They require control.
It's naive to think that it's our species' responsibility to "control" the "problem" because the population of magpies doesn't fall within our conception of an "ideal" population.
>>
>>2172474
Nice appeal to nature.

I suppose you would not bother to control mice or rats living in your garden or house, you know since it's naive to think it's your responsibility to control them so you should just let them destroy your food and home.
>>
>>2172117
Kek well done anon.
>>
File: 1382921583788.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1382921583788.gif
961KB, 240x180px
Day 3.
Magpie death count:0

Nobody has noticed my sabotoge, my brother has looked at the trap and even moved it yet has not noticed a thing even though moving the trap causes it to shut.
The trap still does not function.

The bait has been replaced, no more "cat food" but instead some fried bacon and hen feed.
I have moved the bacon so it sticks out of the bars so they can easily pull it through.

The Magpies show little interest in the trap and if they do enter it they will not get trapped.
So far it has been successful and all the thats happened to the Magpies is they are getting well fed.

They are getting braver too and hanging around the house more.
>>
>>2171516
I'm curious on how it looks like.
From the way you described it sounds like an arena where those birds fight to the death.
Post pictures please.
>>
>>2173445
>Day 3.
>Magpie death count:0
oh good
>>
>>2171516
>There is a middle cell where you put a live Magpie in preferably a strange one and keep alive.
look up animal cruelty laws in your country, they might have something about that
>>
>>2172117
I thought you said you had a job and your own place, what you doing at your mother's house at 6 in the morning?

>I get up at 4 to watch the Magpies, they come around that time to play around, I checked the trap at 5 am.

So what sort of job do you have where you can spend at least 4am to 6am at someone else's house just watching birds?

Admit it, you're a little kid who hasn't told us the real reason for why your mother would want to kill the birds, who are probably fucking up her garden.
>>
>>2173460
>>2173620
I looked up the laws, the trap is apparently called a larsen trap and is legal in Ireland.

Pic related is how it looks, that guy in the middle is kept alive to attract other Magpies, the other two are trapped after trying to fight the middle one or help him.
In my situation the left and right chambered Magpies will get their neck broken.

Theres no middle magpie yet because they have not realized the trap does not close.

>>2173652
Magpies are doing nothing wrong.
I am a software engineer, I have flexible hours, as long as I work 8 hours a day and attend mandatory meeting with my team I am fine.
I can stroll in at 12 pm to attend the meeting at that time I can then leave and come back at 12 am to work eight hours.

I do live alone but I do work around the house for my parents too like gardening and mowing the lawn, they don't care what time I come over at.

If you are not going to give advice then fuck off.
>>
File: larsen.jpg (296KB, 796x601px) Image search: [Google]
larsen.jpg
296KB, 796x601px
>>2173675
Forgot pic.
>>
>>2173652
This

Move out of your moms house OP, you are fucking up her attempts to control pests and are a drag on her entire life. Let he be free of you and your faggotry.
>>
In Ireland magpies are considered a very common pest which are fucking wiping out populations of other, far rarer birds.

OP is a gigantic "Muh feels" faggot who would happily have these rarer birds die-out just so he can feel better about himself.

The absolute epitome of what is wrong with the millennial generation.

Get the fuck out you stupid cunt.
>>
>>2173808
I don't think the motivation of the person having placed the trap was to help other birds. Are magpies helped by living near human population so much so that they upset the balance? It's not like we are talking invasive species.
>>
>>2173816
Magpies eat some Pheasant eggs once a year, Pheasants are common as fuck but Gun club fags get butthurt even though most of them rare their own Pheasants.
Magies have all the same charms as a crow does except they are smarter and prettier.

Humans hate Magpies because Magpies act human.
>>
>>2173808
>the millennial generation.
Nice buzzword there mate.
>>
>>2173818
>Magies have all the same charms as a crow does except they are smarter and prettier.
[citation needed]
>>
>>2173808
ahem
"rarer" doesn't mean "better"
you may go back to watching football
>>
Smart idea anon.

This is probably a temporary situation though, they'll likely replace the trap with something else if it doesn't work. Or start getting someone to shoot the birds (I'm not aware of airgun laws in the Republic, if it's anything like in England you're OK to hunt small game/birds with them).
>>
>>2174250
Shooting would probably be a better idea, I cannot stop the gun but once two or three of them are shot the rest will leave.
Same thing happened to the crows, after two or three were shot and their nests destroyed the rest of the murder moved down the road out of hearing distance.

The trap is designed to wipe out every Magpie in the area rather than just the garden.
No matter how many necks have been snapped they will keep coming back for the Magpie in the middle and not just Magpies from the garden.
>>
File: pie.png (76KB, 435x327px) Image search: [Google]
pie.png
76KB, 435x327px
Day 4:
I had returned the middle chamber to normal because my brother would be looking at it, he claimed he was bringing over another magpie to put in it.

I came over this afternoon to check out the cage and unfortunately a Magpie was in there.
I let him out and my mother told my brother.

I returned tonight at around 9 and found another Magpie in the middle chamber with a padlock on the door.

I picked the lock, let him out and returned the lock to normal.
The other 3 chambers still do not work due to sabotage, my brother brought the key to the north and he will be gone for a week so the middle chamber is fine too.

Poor second Magpie was injured but not dead, he had damaged his face and beak due to trying to desperately squeeze out of the cage, there was blood everywhere.

Fresh cat food was put in the cage, I replaced it with dog poop again, keeping a tin of wet dog poop that looks like cat food at the house.
It is hard to take pictures because I am usually there at dark.
>>
>>2173827
magpies pass the mirror test, crows don't, for one.

peasant crows don't even have demonstrated components of consciousness like magpies.
>>
>>2174563
You better be trolling you fucking autist
>>
>>2174580
Why would I be trolling? And how I am autistic, I like these birds, I enjoy these birds and they are not causing a problem.

If this was some Chinese person doing this to another animal we would have 12 threads calling them subhumans.
People poisons cats and shooting them is applauded here as great.

Some birds that do nothing wrong are are going to get wiped out in an area and apparently I am an autistic childish Hitler 2.0 for trying to stop it.

There are a ton of other solutions to get rid of the Magpies, I have suggested these and have been dismissed as a retard by my family because only one of those solutions is to kill them.

1.Shoot them, the rest will avoid the area
2. Repel the Magpies from the area using reflective surfaces
3. Make it harder for them to get into the chicken feed, they don't touch the eggs.
4. Repel them from the Chicken feed using reflect surfaces or a scarecrow.
5. Ill pay for the chicken feed.

All I get is meme response, my mother, uncle and brother were raised my grandfather, he shot and killed every animal that was not domesticated for sport or because they were vermin.
If a dog was deemed useless or a cat was not catching mice they shot it too.
He was even going to shoot some people over land from what I heard.

I am not some hippie but if an animal is doing nothing wrong besides being there than it should be left alone.
My uncle shoots dogs for chasing sheep, I approve of this yet bleeding heart hippies would call him a monster.

The only genuine reason for killing the birds is they eat some feed and it is not the Magpies the majority of the time it is mostly smaller birds.

The trap is not the way to go because it will be used to wipe out ever Magpie int he area.
>>
>>2174608
And here we're getting somewhere.

This is the first post in which the OP has mentioned Chickens.

So your mother keeps chickens eh? And the magpies are fucking with their food?

Jesus H Christ if you were my son or brother I'd give you a fucking hiding like you'd never forget you stupid twat.
>>
>>2174787
The chickens and the chicken feed are kept within a pen, the chickens are let out midday.
Their feed is within a dispenser so you need to be within the pen to get it and there is only a limited amount each day.

The Magpies cannot get inside the pen unless the door is open, small birds on the other hand can.
The majority of the chicken feed is eaten by small birds who can get into the pen regardless of the door being open, every time you approach the pen 20 small birds fly out

The Magpies originally took fuck all but were getting the blame.
Originally the door was closed after the chickens were let out to roam but the Magpies were apparently magically getting into the pen.

So you know what they did, they moved the trap inside the pen and leave the door open.

The chicken feed is an excuse and I offered to pay for the feed even though the Magpies took very little but they refused.

This is not about chicken feed, this is simply people not licking a bird for no reason.
My family legit believe in the one for sorrow poem and think they are ugly and bad luck.

>Jesus H Christ if you were my son or brother I'd give you a fucking hiding like you'd never forget you stupid twat.
Stop being a prick you have been spewing shite since the thread started and just been posting buzzwords and trying to pick at every hole.
Either give some genuine help like I asked or fuck off.

Oh and there is a good chance ill get a beating, my brother has a temper.
Ill post pics when it happens to make you smile.
>>
keep doing ur thing OP
>>
Just steal or trash the trap, OP
Blame it on those damn neighborhood kids.
>>
>>2171639
don't you have some folklore regarding magpies in Ireland?

Some dude told me something about "all irish people like magpies" when I last visited your country
>>
>>2173808
>he actually bought into the ebin "big bad corvids are wiping out our songbirds" meme
Actually, the effect magpies and crows have on the songbird populations is marginal. There'd be no problems at all if people could be bothered keeping their shitty cats indoors.
>>
Just posting to say that OP's a pretty cool guy, and should ignore the autists in the thread.
>>
>>2174862
My mother lives in the middle of nowhere, like there is two other houses.
Can't blame it on a burglar either because my mothers house has been the only house in the area to never been burglar since she has guard dogs.

>>2174867
Corvids are considered a pest and vermin, Magpies especially.
Lots of Irish people beleive in this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_for_Sorrow_(nursery_rhyme)
and some even wave to lone Magpies if they see them to prevent the sorrow.
You will have the most educated and intelligent people in Ireland believing in this crap.

>>2174803
>>2174887
Thanks for the support, I don't have to worry about the trap for another week.
>>
Day:5
I said above I did not have to worry but I just received a phone call from my Father.
Somehow a Robin has gotten into the center chamber, the padlocked chamber I might add and is sitting there all chilled.

I don't know how the fuck it got in there, may have squeezed through the cage to get out of the rain.
>>
>>2171680
>A human trap
It's called liberalism, and you fell for it.
Her house, her rules. And if she needs a trap it means that there are a lot of those birds and that they are causing trouble. You need to grow up and realize that you can't save everyone and that bad things can happen to innocent beings too
>>
>>2175103
When it's happening right under your nose it's hard to ignore and keep on feeling like a decent person.
>>
>>2175103
Fuck off and die.
My mother has some weird obsession with he birds, they are not bothering anything even my father has said so and is against the trap.
>>
>>2175113
You're feeling like you aren't a decent person because your mother is trapping magpies?

How much have you donated this year?
I mean, surely you've donated to literally every single legitimate aid organisation you know of, or else you're just being hypocritical?
>>
>>2175120
Thats not me you dingbat plus your logic is very flawed.
Like I said before fuck off.
>>
>>2175121
Point is, allowing her to trap magpies doesn't make anyone a bad person, simple as that.

You, and people like you, aren't so important that your holyness hinges on everything you think and do.

Jesus christ when did /an/ get taken over by liberals?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuRC3oYMGk

>>2171516
>>
>>2175120
I said decent, not a saint.

We lie to ourselves all the time, and ignore things we don't like. It's not that much wrong with it. Sometimes things keep nagging at us, "you could and should do something about this". If you ignore it you will feel bad. But people have different values and what is very important for one is non-important for another.

If this thing reminds you every day that you're piece of shit that can't do even a simple thing, it's bad. It's required to feel like a decent person or you'll go crazy (yes there are a lot of crazy people in this world).
>>
>>2175125
I did not say she was a bad person I said her reason for trapping the birds is stupid.
As I am far from a liberal there mate, I just like Magpies and believe harmless animals should be left alone.
>>
>>2173808
Maybe those "rarer" birds wouldn't be so rare if we (the ones who destroy all the habitats) wouldn't be stupid as fuck. Magpies where killed back in the day because they ate chickens, ducks and other small animals living in farms, not for protecting the wildlife lol
>>
Day 7: I bought some tinfoil or aluminium foil to your Americans and covered the pen in it, especially both feed dispensers.
I drew some eyes, cut them out and glued them everywhere.
I made a scarecrow too.

My father reports he has not seen any birds big or small in the pen since including Magpies.
I have checked the feed last night and there has been more than usual.
I still gave my offer for paying for the feed.

But they still want to kill the Magpies even though the one genuine concern they had is solved.
>>
File: adolf-hitler-in-colour.jpg (141KB, 1150x647px) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler-in-colour.jpg
141KB, 1150x647px
>>2175103
>It's called liberalism, and you fell for it.

His house, his rules. And if he needs gas chambers it means that there are a lot of those Jews and that they are causing trouble. You need to grow up and realize that you can't save everyone and that bad things can happen to innocent beings too

lele i didn't even need to swap out that much to godwin's law your post
>>
>>2176581
Farmers are retarded and cling to what their forefather's did purely because they did it. Asbestos in the roof, not changing the ancient fucking lead pipes, 50+ year old pesticides that not even the god damn CDC wants? Go right ahead!

At least you've got enough of a head on you to make a difference for the future generation. Old people die, and they learn where they went wrong before God.
>>
>>2175120
>You must donate to every single charity or else you're a hypocrite in case you ever try to do anything good

might as well just go shoot up the local school by your retarded anti-logic since doing any good acts at all without being a living fucking saint is pointless by your own words
>>
>>2174990
Corvids are considered a pest because farmers as I said before are fucking retarded and have no idea how to manage animals on their land.

You have to be smarter than the bird, and that is a legitimate fucking challenge for most farmers who can't put 2 and 2 together.

So what do they do? They deplete the aquifers like madmen and shoot up the crows like they're going out of style without even bothering to clean their fucking bullets up so that ruins the landscape too and puts lead in the environment because they're generally too retarded/cheapo to use copper.

And then idiot liberals from /ck/ buy up all their produce because it's 'organic' and 'local'.

Can't wait for the American agricultural industry to collapse in on itself like the bloated, government-funded cancerous morass it is.
>>
>>2176629
>Corvids are considered a pest because farmers as I said before are fucking retarded and have no idea how to manage animals on their land.

So what should us poor stupid rural types do to manage magpies?

Enlighten me.
>>
>>2176638
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+get+rid+of+corvids+without+killing+them

See? Retarded. Farmers can't even do a five second Google search.

All it took was five seconds, you moron. Five seconds. You could have learned everything you needed to know in five seconds. It's 2016. Even the oldest baby boomer knows how to use Google.

>farmers
>>
>>2176638
>first five results are about crows and pigeons
>fist one to reference magpies says to trap them

How did you get so damn smart?
>>
>>2176656
>Google magpie control
>every result is about trapping, shooting, or poisoning them
>>
>>2176638
Reflective surfaces like foil and cds, combined with fake eyes and a scarecrow.
Make sure to move the scarecrow around every few days.
>>
>>2176664
>scarecrow

Their only scared of people if people shoot at them. You can train them to eat from your hand pretty easily provided they have lived around people who never hunted them. Even if they are afraid of people they are pretty smart and will quickly learn the scarecrow, cd's, foil, plastic owl, or whatever else isn't a threat to them.

This is why traps are the only practical solution. They never learn how it works, once they fall for it they die.
>>
>>2176669
The reflective surfaces will not not bother them, moving the eyes and scarecrow plus changing the scarecrows look will keep them away.

They hate reflective surfaces and being looked at plus my brother has shot a few of them before and I must have traumatized two of them when trying to release them.
>>
>>2176685
>The reflective surfaces will not not bother them
>They hate reflective surfaces and being looked at

I understand you don't like to see them die, but it is a necessity of modern rural life to on occasion cull harmful species. Mice, magpies, coyotes etc will cause large economic and livestock losses if they are not controlled. Your emotional argument is so hopeless you are contradicting yourself in every line. You are going to need to grow up and face the simple facts of life.

Not every problem has a pretty solution.
>>
>>2176721
I am not contracting myself saying not not bothered by them is shitty English but is not incorrect English.
When I said not not bother them it meant that the reflective surfaces will continue to bother them and never stop bothering them, I should have picked my words carefully.

Also I live in Ireland and my mother lives in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, there not even any livestock around and there is no coyotes or wild predators bigger than a dog here, we hunted the wolves to extinction centuries ago.

Magpies cause fuck all problems and certainly not large economic and livestock losses, they eat some grain which is easy to stop them and apparently kill some song birds which as every says is not quite so true.

Magpies only cause a true problem to the gun clubs because they eat game bird's eggs and less of a fuck I could give about that because shooting for sport is just gay, if you're going to eat the bird then fair enough but I have yet to meet a hunter here who eats their kills.

Less of a shite I could give about the songbirds either, like I said I am not some animal hippie I understand some animals need to be killed for food or because they are pests but in this situation the Magpies are doing nothing wrong and they are my favorite species of bird.
Killing Magpies for a genuine reason? Fair enough, killing them because they eat some grain which can be stopped or because you think they are following you around and laughing at you?
No fuck that.

Theres no peta shite or emotional attatchment here friend, I am enjoy the Magpies and do not like the trap because it is not culling it is genocide.
Like I said above I would not be against shooting them because only few will die while the rest will stay away.

Ill keep sabotaging the trap, Ill keep getting rid of the poison, especially the poison she gives a meme answer about saving songbirds yet she wants to put poison down for them which will kill more than the Magpies.
>>
>>2176741
>Theres no peta shite or emotional attatchment here friend, I am enjoy the Magpies and do not like the trap because it is not culling it is genocide.

No not at all, you're completely operating on reason and logic. Nothing at all irrational about protecting one species above all others and referring to the practice of culling them as a pest as genocide.

So why don't you put your money where your ridiculous logic has lead you and go shoot them yourself to spare them "genocide"?
>>
>>2176790
>No not at all, you're completely operating on reason and logic. Nothing at all irrational about protecting one species above all others and referring to the practice of culling them as a pest as genocide.
Glad you agree.

>So why don't you put your money where your ridiculous logic has lead you and go shoot them yourself to spare them "genocide"?
Read above I offered to pay for the feed, a bag of feed is about 10 euros it will not put me in the poor house, I told them money is not a problem.
Shooting them is my preference to the trap but my preference above all is the birds to be left alone.
>>
>>2171516
Are you such a fucking beta you can't tell her to stop? Break the damn trap, who cares if it's expensive.
>>
Couldn't you just run over the trap with your car? Get drunk and say it was an accident?
>>
>>2176801
>>2176804
It is worth 500 euros and it is not ours.
>>
>>2176796
So you won't save them from genocide?

Guess your a shitty person then.
>>
>>2172154

Literally the only actual problem you listed was they become 'a nuisense'

I seriously doubt magpie population would have anything to do with crop yields and if anything they would help protect them from REAL pests.....
>>
>>2172786

Hell yah rats and mice sure can tear a fucking house down quick can't they!?
>>
>>2173678

Whoever designed this and anyone that buys this are surely sociopaths, realising the corvids are very aware of eachother and help eachother and using it against them, it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>2177701
It is an ingenious and disturbing trap, no matter how man die more will still come for the middle one.
Thats why I don't want them killed, they are very social birds so it would be splitting up families or breeding pairs.
>>
File: DSC_0095[1].jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0095[1].jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
OP, I just read all thread. I think, nothing can fix relatives' redneck prejudices and finally they'll not change their opinion. I advice you to continue sabotage as long as you can and break all contacts with them when they'll know what's going on.
It can sound cruel, but you really should grow up and sooner or later break away your parents. Nobody can be ideal, our relatives too. Good luck and love corvids.
>>
>>2178097
>breaking with the people who spent nearly two decades of their life raising you

yeah fuck these guys for not having the same view on a specific animal breed and acting as they see fit in their own home, right?
>>
>>2176619
>Old people die, and they learn where they went wrong before God.
This is now my favorite way to say "X will never learn"
>>
Smash through the trap and take the bird out. Make it look like an animal broke in and destroyed the trap to get to it.
>>
Why not? Birds is only occasion, but not reason.
>>
>>2178178
>>2178341
>>
>>2178097
Thanks for the support, cute bird anon.
>>
>>2174795
If your chickens don't chase off the other birds on their own then they are fucking useless.

>>2176807
>500 euros
Probably closer to 50.
>>
>>2178714
>Probably closer to 50.
Nah
https://www.maceoinltd.com/larsen-trap-magpie-and-crow-heavy-duty/
My uncles one was probably bought in a shop so it would twice as expensive.
My uncles is bigger than the one I linked.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.