[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat groomed herself half bald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ew.jpg (325KB, 1895x1597px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
325KB, 1895x1597px
I'm watching this cat for a friend for a month. Very sweet, but why has she licked herself bald on her lower half? Or could it be allergies or something?
>>
Alimony
>>
My cat did the same to her belly, we tried to prevent that with lotions but nothing worked. We later found out that she did it out of stress because we had another cat that she didn't get along with. After that cat died, she stopped licking and never did that again, her fur growed back normally.
So unless you remove the cause of the stress, she'll keep licking and could also go completely bald or scratch her skin with her tongue.
>>
>>2171170
>the cause of the stress,

probably misses it's owner. where the fuck is your friend op??
>>
Happend to one of my cats as well. She got stressed out because she was constantly being harassed by one of my other cats.
We now keep them seperate at night and now her fur is growing back.

But yeah it's stress.
>>
>>2171163
Stress or allergies.
Your an unknown that it's forced to live with suddenly. For a neurotic animal like a cat, this is a huge upheaval in its life and cats are particularly shitty at handling stress.
Hell, I remember going to nigger-ville and happening upon free kittens from some nog. Two of them were dead underneath the other 3 with no discernable trauma. They literally died from having to sit in a box.
>>
>>2171231
This was the nigger's fault, not the kittens'. They were probably kept in the box dehidrated and separated from their mom, weren't they? No wonder they died.
>>
>>2171330
Tbqh, they seemed fine besides being dead. About 10 weeks old. Of course I blame him but 'day wuzznt like dat a hour ago i thot day wuz sleepin'.
Anything that weak in those conditions is quite literally better off dead than dog bait.
>>
Should've clarified, but the cat has been like this since long before I got her. I've only had her for about a week at this point.
I tried to do everything "properly" with her, keeping her in a separate room and transitioning her food gradually, but she didn't really tolerate any of that, scratching the hell out of everything, pushing doors open (pocket doors), and refusing to eat.
She seems to be getting along with my cats now, though. They play with each other a lot. Also, she's eating a high protein grain free food instead of Friskies, so I guess I'll see if it gets any better.
>>
>>2171167
fpbp
>>
>>2171380
The reason remains the same. It means she was stressed by something before you got her.
>>
that is not good for her you gotta get the cat a cone asap

you cant just let it lick itself that much it will get sores
>>
>>2171380
Then your friend is a shit owner
>>
>>2171899
It's a possibility, but it's not sure to say. I assure that my cat did the same even if I took proper care of her, she was well fed, brushed, cuddled and tried all the vet's suggestions. No matter what we tried, she kept licking her belly and eventually went bald. Soon after the death of her "enemy" cat, she stopped doing it. But I couldn't quite figure the situation out until the other cat died, I had no idea of this because the two never fought each other, she felt her territory was invaded but was too shy to show aggression, so she put the stress in the licking act (just like humans do with onychophagia).
>>
The cat finds itself pretty tasty.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.