[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a snake work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 003.jpg (326KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
326KB, 800x600px
Hypothetically
>I have a snek that needs to be at 32º
>I set a heat panel or bulb with a thermostat that sets those degrees inside the viv
>summer starts and inside the room we reach 32º, so the thermostat turns the heat system off
>the snake is at 32 but has no heat source like it will have the sun on the wild

does it get warmer just from the air? is there any difference between the 32 with a heat point and 32 without it? forget for a moment the idea that it will need a cooler side and all that
>>
are you asking how temperature works?
>>
>>2170894
I'm asking if it has any difference between the two options for the animal
>>
>>2170904
>forget for a moment the idea that it will need a cooler side and all that
are you?
>I'm asking if it has any difference between the two options for the animal
are you?
>a
>r
>e
>
>y
>o
>u
>?
>>
>>2170886

if the room temp exceeds 30, put an icepack wrapped in a towel on the cool side of tank. ideally you should have AC when keeping reptiles to prevent this.
>>
If you have indoor cooling, you should never have to worry about overheating. If your room regularly goes over 30c, even over night, then yeah, that's a problem. But 30c is still pretty safe for the snake you have in your picture. It's actually ideal. I have a Great Basin Gopher and a few Crested Geckos that all stay at 85f/30c. It's their comfort zone. That is the whole goal of heat lamps and radiant panels - to heat them up to that temperature. So if it occurs on it's own, yay, you save electricity.

Reptile thermoregulation is just that - they gather heat from the outside. The presence of a heat 'lamp' for them to 'bask' in is natural for them, but they achieve the exact same result by just keeping the enclosure at the body temperature you want them at. It's not natural, and a little boring DESU, but it is safe and effective.
>>
>>2171010
>DESU

Holy shit that's a world filter on 4chan? I never knew. I'd never type that before. Ha. Learn something new every day. (t)(b)(h) filters to DESU.
>>
>>2171013
Fuck off newfig
>>
>>2171054

No,no,no, that is why I found it so funny. I never use abbreviations. I've actually been lurking 4chan since the Lolichan days. I just always type things out because I'm old and never caught on to the kid's lingo. So I never caught that abbreviation being filtered.

I thought the desu thing was really funny. You remember back when 4chan wordfiltered fucking everything? Surely, you've heard people refered to as Newfriends which is a carry over from a while back when newfag got filtered. During the Boxxy craze, her name was filtered but I forgot to what. Mods were filtered to the people’s champions. Penis and Vagina were filtered to all caps (for whatever reason)

... anyway, I had no idea that there were still wordfilters active. I thought they got rid of all them.
>>
>>2171010

your gopher snek is fine at 85 but that's really pushing the red line for crested geckos. they start to stress at 80.
>>
>>2171084

Yeah, I keep it between 79 and 85. It's on a controller with a day/night sensor in the window behind the PVC cage to adjust the temp.

I had feeding issues with lower temperatures (76-82). They would go 2 weeks without feeding. I had to hand-feed them. (Repashy, of course). One day the dog managed to move a knob on the controller (I am guessing it was him) raising the temp, and the geckos were eating. So I just left it like that.

There are mating behaviors going on right now, so I will need to keep a close eye out for eggs since they can't handle that heat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.