[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystery seed identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Can anyone help identify what plant this seed may have come from?
All that I can tell you is that I found it washed up under a pile of seaweed on a beach in Cornwall, England. I know that due to the Gulf Stream, seeds have been found here that have come from the Amazon, the Eastern Seaboard and just about wherever else you can think of before.
There's also a rattle sound when you shake it, does that mean it's still fertile? A few more photos to come
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Top view
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Bottom view
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Top edge?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Bottom edge
>>
if it rattles then its probably hollow, and thus floats.That's an indicator that its from a plant that grows on shores. If you plant it at the the edge of shallow salty water it will most likely grow. Good luck OP.
>>
it will be dificult to ID the specific seed. Google "drift seed" and try to match it to one in the pictures you find. It might be a "sea heart", they are so cool, give it to some one you love.
>>
>>2170724
Yeah looks like one of these OP, apparently they float up the Gulf Stream from the Caribbean quite a lot. Some sort of Entada species, nice find mate.
>>
>>2170724
>>2170730
>>2170704
Thank you all so much! I never expected it to have a "romantic" name but I like that it does. It'll be my treasure
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.