[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ I got a budgie Educate me on A: How often do i clean the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160717_200123016.jpg (219KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_200123016.jpg
219KB, 2400x1350px
/an/
I got a budgie
Educate me on A: How often do i clean the container
B: How long can i take her out for.
C: How often do i clean her food and water?
>>
Budgies live in the Australian desert, so only really require water occasionally like a cactus
>>
File: 1206664-assorted-left-1[1].jpg (36KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1206664-assorted-left-1[1].jpg
36KB, 1500x1500px
A. At least once a week.
B. However long she's comfortable.
C. At least once daily. (I'd recommend a dispenser like the picture here.)

>>2170001
Don't listen to this guy. Your budgie should always have access to clean water.
>>
A: twice a year
B: whatever you want. i leave the cage open and they come and go as they like
C: give them 2 water and 2 food dishes and change it out once a week
>>
File: 7ijm3bv[1].png (189KB, 285x300px) Image search: [Google]
7ijm3bv[1].png
189KB, 285x300px
>>2170015
>twice a year
I'm guessing that's how often you bathe as well.
>>
>>2170018
heh good one
>>
Okay, another question, and some more info.

How do I entertain her, the whole purpose of this thread is to get inquiry in how to make her life as joyous as possible.

Also I have cats, but I put them out whenever i take her out, none of them seem to want to hunt her.
>>
>>2170028
Buy her hanging toys for her cage. Reposition them from time to time to keep her habitat new and interesting.
>>
>>2169994
>>2170028
>not learning this shit before you get the bird
>>
>>2170093
>caring about a parakeet
>>
don't forget to give it the little sand/rocks mixture. They need it same as other birds
>>
>>2170225
i hear birds don't really need that
>>
in my experience, unless they're handraised budgies do best in pairs... get her a friend, my budgies have a playground and i let them out to play nearly all day most days from the time they wake up 'til bedtime (pretty much around sunrise-sunset) i give them a variety of fresh food, rotate their toys often, and get them new ones at least once a month + treats...

since they can't go out on a leash like my green cheek does, i take their cage out when i garden so they can get fresh air and sun like that...

play different music and put on different movies for her see what she enjoys, respond when she calls, try handfeeding her (slowly) and play with her with her toys...

i usually change food and water a couple times a day, and i clean the bottom of the cage nightly + wipe it down about once a week (sometimes more) with apple cider vinegar + water (the toys and the cage) and i do a more thorough cleaning once a month where i soak everything and such in hot water and vinegar... dish soap can work too... preferably unscented and be very thorough when rinsing it

>>2170093

a budgie was my first pet as a kid (i was like 3) but i didn't learn much about them 'til i ended up getting one as a surprise years ago... i already had her when i had to learn how to make her happy, not cuz i went out and bought her either... for all you know this was a surprise rather than an impulse buy, and regardless wanting to learn how to make the bird happy is a step in the right direction even if it is a bit late... it's more important that the bird is cared for now that it's around than how op got it... so criticizing that is a lot of useless, unhelpful bullshit
>>
>>2170225

parrots don't need that, it's not good for them...
>>
Also, she is about 5-6 years old already, and has some sort of... brown mass that is hard on her nostrils. She breaths fine and it doesn't seem to bother her, but im worried. Is this normal? If so does it ever come off?
>>
>>2170309

breeding condition, it will when she's out of breeding condition
>>
>>2170476
oh thank god
>>
>>2170011

Double-edged sword with this. The dispenser keeps the water clean but sometimes they don't know how to use it and the plastic can be a bitch to clean. Dishes are usually better but they'll poop and throw food in them.
>>
>>2170239
Pigeons and doves do. Parrots don't. They chew the hulls off of their seeds before eating them unlike other birds which eat them whole.
>>
>>2170596
I guess I never have really used them with birds before. I've had great luck with them for my mice though.
>>
Get her a bro.
I have a budgie, her cage is always open, she can fly wherever she wants, she has edible houseplants around her and grass and bell and ropes and twigs and she's still bored, I feel.

I'm getting her a bro as soon as I can.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.