[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what pets do rich people own?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

what pets do rich people own?
>>
>>2169789
A little piece of paper with a long genealogy printed on it that came with either a free dog or a free horse depending on how much the paper cost.
>>
The working class
>>
Parents with 84k salary here.

We own a golden retriever.
>>
>>2169816
>84k salary
/ck/ ?
>>
>>2169789
Exotic pets, fancy snowflake kinds, like kinkajous or marmosets.
>>
>>2169789

We had Dobermans growing up, parents are wealthy. Im middle class now in the suburbs and own a Cane Corso.
>>
>>2169789
Pitbulls
>>
Every rich person i've met had an Akita
>>
>>2169816
>barely out of poverty
>rich
>>
Purebred dogs, generally, though I knew of a guy that kept zebras until someone shot them all for some fucking reason.
>>
>>2169817
Dude it totally is that guy!

might be OP, considering they both posted in a "what do rich people own?" thread.
>>
The CEO of my company recently acquired an English Creme Retriever puppy.
>>
Cavalier king Charles spaniels or other foofoo pure bred trophy wife baits like pomeranians and shit like that
>>
>>2169789
Pitbulls
>>
>>2169789
Salt water aquariums
>>
File: 1436729006665.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1436729006665.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>>2169816
>84k
>between two parents
>probably dollars as well
>rich
>>
>>2169816
desu my family has a combined income just shy of $600k CAD, like 450k USD and I wouldn't consider us rich. Upper middle class maybe and we have an old English sheepdog
>>
>>2169789
Adopted children from 3rd world countries
>>
>>2169809
underrated post
>>
If I ever get rich I'll be able to have a whole bunch of dogs, a home grooming room with a table and raised tub so I don't hurt my back, a professional force dryer (I like fluffy breeds), and a huge fenced in yard with a big ass pool.

I'll be able to afford lots of fancy shit for my rats, a whole room for them even, and I'll pay someone to clean their cages for me every week.

Very rich people also have concierge veterinarians, so I've heard.
>>
>>2169906
SAVAGE
>>
>>2169844
>though I knew of a guy that kept zebras until someone shot them all for some fucking reason.
What the fuck? Did they catch and arrest the fucker?
>>
>>2169789
A tibetan mastiff puppy was sold in China for 2 million.
http://www.cnbc.com/2014/03/19/worlds-most-expensive-dog-pup-sold-for-2-million.html
>>
if i was rich id have what i already have, but better. 12" tarantulas, snakes, etc. But the animals arent the only expensive thing. Id love to work on vivariums and aquariums with an unlimited budget.. Money for moss, carpeting plants, enclosures, plants, stands, lighting, etc. Id also love interior gardens, the ones with skylights for the house..
>>
>>2169888
>trophy wife baits like pomeranians and shit like that
this.
My wife has toy poodle mixes.
>>2169895
>Salt water aquariums
also this.
>>2169809
>The working class
and this.
I currently have 18 humans I'm paying for.
>>
>>2170060
>interior garden
something like this but not this
and with much better substance inside, not that thing
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>2169809
>>
>>2169824
>>Im middle class
>rich
>>
>>2170143
>now
>>
>>2170144
>trying to deflect
>he admits to getting poorer
>>
>>2170147
>failed 1st grade reading class.
>failed every reading class since.
murrica- one child left behind!
>>
File: 1467066898218.jpg (9KB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
1467066898218.jpg
9KB, 250x216px
>>2169816

I guess it's rich if you live in the backwoods. Or Detroit.
>>
>>2170025
Not that I know of. The guy had like five zebras, all of them were on his property, someone climbed the fence and killed all of them in the middle of the night. I don't know the full details, it's a friend of a friend story.
>>
>>2169789
My parents make ~700k USD annually and they have 2 cats and a dog. Growing up we always had purebred cats/dogs but the ones they have now were adopted from petsmart.
>>
>>2169789
I don't think dogs are kosher so cats maybe?
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (8KB, 460x290px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
8KB, 460x290px
These cunts.
You see a rich person walking their dogs and it usually one of these or some similar toy breed.
I have seen huge famous body builders or wrestlers with these.

I don't know why they are ugly looking, what ever the fuck is wrong with their eyes wreaks their whole face and they tend to have the shitiest personalty.
There are probably well raised and looked after bichon frises that act like any other dog but I have yet to meet one.

So either one of them or a cat worth a couple of grand that looks like a mog but has a slip of paper saying it is different.
>>
My ex boss and his family went through these in a year
>Two Siamese cats
>Some smaller macaw, an Amazon parrot and two other large birds all bought on craigslist
>Got rid of their two older dogs, a mini poodle and shizu mix
>Two turtles
>Rabbit
>Guinea pig
>Pitbull
>Horrifically aggressive German Shepherd they bought from a pet store after returning the golden doodle since it had a dick infection
>Literally pawned off one of the stepsons to adopt a young child and his older brother

He has a crippling heroin addiction and she's a cokehead but he owns a small chain and she's a CEO of some housing company.
>>
>>2170147

No, Im making my own way in the world, one day I will re-attain Doberman status.
>>
>>2170255
>all those pets

>doesn't even take time to hire someone to take care of/train them

Your old boss sounds like an asshole. How can someone go through so many pets?
>>
Somewhat-richfag here (family owns companies n shit)
We currently have 10 cats, all rescued from the street and properly cared for (fixed, shots, etc). We have 2 maids and a gardener so no, I don't live in hoarder condition and the house is pretty huge so we rarely even see them together, they spread out all over the (walled) property.
My family has a long history of animal keeping too:
>Uncle 1 likes birds, collects songbirds for competitions. Also has a macaw, 2 parrotlets, a toucan and a huge aviarium with fowl, a couple of peacocks and some standard domestic birds
>Uncle 2 has 7 Great Danes
>Dad used to do wildlife rehab for the government, usually short term, both domestic and exotics. He's helped around a dozen constrictor snakes (burmese pythons, brbs, etc), one african penguin, various birds. The longest was a South American great horned owl, kept for a couple years cause the fucker refused to behave like a proper owl.

I believe people should be allowed to keep whatever they want, as long as they look into specialized care for their animals, and they live long happy lives with all needs met.
>>
>>2170319
I forgot about the tegu that was housed where we work. I took care of it. I hounded the absolute fuck out of him about her. He traded her for something we offered(I am not keen on saying what it was simply because I don't want to out myself since it was a specific shop but that's how we got her). I cleaned her cage, often bought the substrate she needed and food but I'd be surprised if she was still alive. It was 'funny' if she hid in our couches because he let her roam when she was obviously cold as fuck. He fed her mostly chicken eggs and macaroni salad.
I babysat for him a lot and often became a bother because I'd hound him about his pets. Try to give him advice and whatnot. He would ask for it because I was the 'expert' but as usual he wouldn't listen 99% of the time.
His step kids were actually great because whaddyaknow - attention starved. Pay attention to them and they were fucking angels but they were also kids who weren't even allowed to walk down the block by themselves despite one was 9 and the other was 12.

We got into a shitfit about the first macaw because he tried to hide it from me that he got rid of it. Multiple times I offered to take his animals, even if it was judt to foster due to my experience with multiple animals(even if I was not familiar you bet I'd Google the shit out of them and try my hardest to find them proper homes and get in touch with rescues) but he couldn't own up to how he fucked up or want people to know how whipped he was by his wife.

And they wondered why their kid got samenlla from their tiny painted turtles they got in NYC. Never cleaned the tank, had no filter, shells were rotten, rotting food in the tank, etc but no it was because 'turtles are diseased'. At least I ot them to give me them, and I got to rehome them in 150 gallon tank with someone who knew turtles after I paid out of pocket to treat them.

I fucking hate that I care about every goddamn thing. It has cost me so much time and money.
>>
>>2170337
>I fucking hate that I care about every goddamn thing. It has cost me so much time and money.
I feel ya, bro. I've spent literally thousands on stray cats before finding them homes. Last one had a rotting paw, costed almost a thousand to fix. He's a fat fucker now living with an old lady, it was all worth it.
>>
>>2170342
I try to feel that too! Raising feral kittens, mice, squirrels, etc isn't really a problem to me. While I was working with said shitty boss he DID allow me to nurse back a pigeon and two litters of kittens who were dumped at our place(town I worked on was small, but even in my home town it was not uncommon for people to straight up leave animals on my porch or in my yard) so I was able to take the breaks I needed to hand feed them. I've found many homes for strays, abandoned and sick animals and keep in contact with most of them so I know that they went to good homes or were properly released into the wild despite playing with baby wild animals and treating them like pets is tempting. This just isn't my job and I feel like if I can do 'something' whether its not taking my time to raise them or put them the fuck down because it's not worth their suffering - its expensive, tiring and really wears on you. But I would be worse off doing absolutely nothing.

Also people are just idiots. I've fostered plenty of dogs and legit a 15 year old dog pissed in the house once and I had to drive 5 hours to get it back before they said they'd drop it off on the woods despite I was VERY clear about any 'problems' I saw in this dog. I'm surprised they didn't complain about her extreme barking with cars and strangers(didn't bite, just a very 'scheduled' dog). I take animals back with no questions asked, and have a fake 'contract'. I try to be as blunt as possible and still people don't get the fucking message. its only happened twice but goddamn. People just don't fucking listen or put any effort into shit. I spent 5 months on that one fucking dog to train it out of being a complete piece of shit but God forbid if an animal is even the slightest bit of inconvenience to people and that was even after passing my bs background check. It involves a real lawyer but honestly it's just that if it is not working out - return it to me.
>>
>>2170347
Damn yes, I don't get how people can disregard a whole animal due to small issues. Humans have way bigger issues and we put up with them.
What matters, in the end, is... you made a difference in the lives of many animals, and even if they cannot understand what you did, you did it. Countless beings die horrible, slow deaths in awful conditions but you went out of your way to make sure they wouldn't be just another pile of wet fur and bones in a dumpster somewhere. You made them into companions, partners and guardians, and I thank you for that.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.