[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Training Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: CAM00294.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00294.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Hello anons, I need some advice about my 6 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier (pic related). She has recently been taking things off of the coffee table, usually to play with or redistribute throughout the living room. How do I keep her from contining this behaviour? Any and all advice is much appreciated. Thanks :)
>>
File: CAM00293.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px)
CAM00293.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>2168954
Also I didnt see a rules sticky so of Im not following them here please let me know. Its my first time starting a new thread in this part of 4chan.
>>
Nice looking dog.

What kind of training have you done with her so far?
>>
She is a dumb baby at the moment. Do your best to interrupt the undesired behavior, but don't expect miracles. Also, look at finding an obedience class for you and her as well... unfortunately she is a bit older for puppy classes. Look for a trianer that FOCUSES on positive reinforcement (not necessarily only teaches it though). You'll need to be super consistent with her as she grows, as many dogs just don't get out of their dumb until they fully become an adult.
>>
A simple "NO" could work if you catch the behaviour. Or "leave it" if you've taught her that yet?

If she's doing it when you're not around, try to reinforce with her that you want her to play with her toys instead. So spend a lot of time showing her how and making her think they're fun and interesting.

My pup used to do things like ripping the Kleenex box apart of it was left on the table while we were gone, so I also got in the habit of putting the items from the table into a higher place until he left them alone altogether. But obviously that's kind of annoying and not ideal
>>
>>2168954
My girl looks very similar. She's only 3 months, but has similar problems. Hopefully it's just a puppy thing. I just take the objects from her and replace them with appropriate toys. But she doesn't seem to learn. She is extremely stubborn.
>>
stop leaving interesting things on your coffee table.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.