[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: artist rendition.jpg (10KB, 197x145px) Image search: [Google]
artist rendition.jpg
10KB, 197x145px
I got pet mice today, and I think I fucked up.

>be me

>barely ever owned pets, except for dogs

>finally decide i want mice

>after 5 months of waiting, get two mice

>funky, a black-spotted, and fresh, a tan

>very sweet animals

>try not to mess with them

>unfortunately, the cage i put them in was fucked up so i had to rearrange it

>put lid on wrong when i finish

>mouse escapes

>freak out, put mouse inside

>mouse struggles, but does not bite

>all is fine

>suddenly.jpeg

>another mouse gets out, and i find out lid is wrong

>attempt to put mouse back in cage

>parent watching keeps screaming and telling me to put it back in

>makes me and mouse stressed

>try to hold mouse, it bites me

>not really heartbroken, just put it back in

i'm now worrying if i've lost their trust, all the events just happened today

mice owners, if you get off to a bad start, will mice no longer trust you?

pic related, it is artist's rendition of mice
>>
Mice are not too smart, they will get over it.
>>
>>2168941
this.
Just make sure you get them used to your hands and stuff. you won't be able to interact with them properly if they're not used to it.
>>
They're just stressed out because it's a new environment for them. They will come around pretty quickly though. Just give them treats, handle them often, and try hand feeding them from time to time and you should be all good dude.
>>
What kind of cage do you use?
>>
>>2168937
I had the same combo of colors, 2 females.
Did you make sure your blonde wasn't the tank queen? They are aggressive and will beat the shit put of other mice for fun. I would avoid blondes now that I know more, she was the prettiest mouse ever but gave me plenty of shit.
The other morph was pretty terrible too, but was a peanut so she was getting beat up. Missing tail tip when I got her.
They didn't get along at all, I had to babysit all day.

I'm never doing it again without a wire wheel and glass tank.
I will NOT stand there idly while turds fly off the wheel at me all day. Males are way more calm, but bar climbing and pissing on the cage is the absolute worst. Mice are just terribly bred and have horrible temperaments these days, get lab mice next time if possible.
>>
>>2169479
Before anyone bitches about keeping them together, their cage was 4 feet tall, 4 feet long and 3 feet wide.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.