[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't they teach dogs to use litter box?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: small dog shitting.jpg (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
small dog shitting.jpg
77KB, 500x375px
Why can't they teach dogs to use litter box?
>>
i don't want to live with my animal's shit in my house stinking up the place
>>
>>2168551
but if your dog is a in-house dog most of the time wouldnt you want to not have the chance of it shitting and/or pissing in a random spot that might be hard to clean?
>>
>>2168561
are you fucking new to dogs? you can train them to not piss and shit indoors and you can even teach them to ring a fucking bell to be let out
>>
>>2168550

You can, we trained our puppy on pads so he could go through the night while we slept without bothering us to go out now he sleeps all night and just goes outside when we let him out.
>>
>>2168561
Well nobody own a permanently 'in-house' dog anyway, so why bother. Part of the joy of dogs is spending a relaxing hour or two outside on a walk, and you might as well let them keep shitting outdoors if they HAVE to get out for exercise regardless.
>>
>>2168550
Yout absolutely could, but a better question is why. Dogs love the outdoors and need the exercise and stimulation that it gives them. I walk my dogs twice a day for about 45 minutes each and they just take care of their business then.
>>
>>2168646
It's strange that I have never seen this though. I understand that it would be hard for a dog to, say, use the toilet seat, cats can do that because they're more agile.
>>
most dogs shit a lot more than cats. you wouldn't that much shit sitting in your house for an extended period of time.
>>
>>2168550

A dog is intelligent enough to only go outside. That is sort of the point of having a dog instead of a cat - they are more capable. Of everything. Except leaving little piles of vomit all over the fucking place.
>>
>>2168550
You can train a dog to use a litter box. Not many opt for this because they can go outside. Also a dog is usually 10x bigger than a cat, would need a huge box and would soak it in one piss. Also they don't cover it up.
>>
Who wants animal shit in their house? That's nasty.
>>
>>2168728
>A dog is intelligent enough to only go outside.

Cats typically don't need toilet-training like a dog does though, indoor cats tend to instinctively use litter trays and indoor-outdoor cats usually go outside without special training. It's not a mark of superior intellect though, cats instinctively like to bury their shit and get anxious if it's left exposed, so they only need to discover where the nearest patch of dirt lives and they'll use that if it's an option.
>>
>>2168786
>indoor cats tend to instinctively use litter trays
That is because they bury their shit. They need something soft to cover their shit because they need to cover their scent so that other animals won't find it. See cats are stupid animals that only follow their instinct and nothing else. That is why your can't teach a cat to cross a street.

Cats aren't different than farm animals(follow their animal instinct), while dogs are above that (dogs follow human kind + their animal instinct). Dogs have evolved.
>>
>>2169213
dogs where purposely domesticated and are breed for certain trails. cats sort of domesticated themselves more then we domesticated them. so calling one smarter then the other or more evolved is not that accurate as each have there own strengths.
>>
>>2169213
>cats tend to instinctively use litter trays
>cats instinctively like to bury their shit
>It's not a mark of superior intellect

I said these things already, you silly goose. If you're looking for intellectual validation, try finding more direct proof of how super-smart you are than letting it hinge on "well, I must be quite the intellectual powerhouse because I really dislike cats and I'm a big fan of how dogs shit in the yard".
>>
>>2168573
I think OP wants to never take his dog outside because he's a disgusting NEET
>>
Why would you? I takes less than a week to house train a puppy, inside dogs will hold it until they can get outside, they will go to the door, whine at it, paw at it or come find you to inform you they need to go outside.
>Train dog that it is not ok to poo inside
>Dog indicates it needs to go
>Bring dog outside
>Dog does it business
>Take dog back inside
It is simple.
My elderly cat does the same, we have litter trays but she enjoys pooping outside.
>>
>>2168550
My family brought in a stray that likes to shit in the middle of the street and piss on the carpet.
Exclusively.
How do I get rid of it. Training is not an option anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.