[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dogs? heh.. I'm more of a cat person myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 25

File: fedora_katana.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_katana.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>dogs? heh.. I'm more of a cat person myself
>>
File: cryingfaggot.jpg (15KB, 390x253px) Image search: [Google]
cryingfaggot.jpg
15KB, 390x253px
>>2167060
>"cats are m-mean... I put no effort into being nice to them, and for some reason they don't care about me! I f-f-fucking hate cats"
>>
File: cat dog j.jpg (1MB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
cat dog j.jpg
1MB, 1800x1350px
>cats? nah, I prefer slobbering, smelly obnoxious pieces of shit myself
>>
>i like both
>>
File: 9b5.jpg (38KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
9b5.jpg
38KB, 611x404px
>He doesn't like both!
>>
File: uno1.gif (498KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
uno1.gif
498KB, 500x400px
>he likes either
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-2066-1361912128-8.jpg (138KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-2066-1361912128-8.jpg
138KB, 625x417px
>let me tell you about my super-leuco-tangerine-raptor-baron-samedi morph
>>
>>2167142
Wrong thread reptard
>>
>>2167108
This.

Both are shit tier pets to be honest.
>>
File: avian overlord.jpg (1MB, 3570x2672px) Image search: [Google]
avian overlord.jpg
1MB, 3570x2672px
>He isn't part of the bird masterrace
>>
Dogs:
>vomit on your bed
>shit on your floor
>chew your shoes
>piss yellow holes into your grass
>vomit on your carpet
>bark at 2am when branches hit your windows
>shed fur everywhere
>stare at you while you eat
>eat your hair bands
>chew electrical cords
>lick your face after licking their genitals

Cats:
>conveniently shit and piss in a box
>will kill spiders and flies for you
>purr when you pet them
>warm your lap
>aren't as stupid as dogs
>don't eat as much as dogs
>look cuter than dogs
>aren't stupid enough to run into the street and get hit by a car the moment you open the gate

Dogs: -11
Cats: +8
>>
>>2167711
>the only cats that dont shed are expensive and/or ugly (except devon rex master race)
>many extremely cute dog breeds do not shed, and most of those breeds don't slobber or chew on things very much.
>dog cuddling is much more versatile than cats just sitting on my lap
>dogs play with you, not just toys
cats: +7
dogs: +5

best scenario is having both, they play together and make your household interesting
>>
>>2167095
Cats are for lazy people.You might as well by a potted plant as a pet. At least a ficus won't devastate the local ecosystem.
>>
>>2167761
all animals shed. Otherwise you wouldn't need to vacuum the carpet
>>
>>2167761
This
>>
>>2167711
cats
>vomit on your bed
>shit on your floor
>piss yellow holes into your grass
>vomit on your carpet
>meow at 2am when branches hit your windows
>shed fur everywhere
>eat your hair bands
>chew electrical cords
>lick your face after licking their genitals

dogs
>will kill spiders and flies for you
>enjoy when you pet them
>warm your lap
>aren't as stupid as cats
>look cuter than cats
>aren't stupid enough to run into the street and get hit by a car the moment you open the gate

ftfy
>>
dogs can be trained to use a litterbox but dog owners have enough ambition to leave the house and self awareness to realize that
>they are disgusting
i prefer cognizance over instinct, tx
>>
>>2167778
>Piss yellow holes in your lawn
False
>Meow when branches hit your window
False
>Aren't as stupid as cats
False
>Aren't stupid enough to run into the street and get hit by a car the moment you open the gate
False.
>>
fish and inverts are the way to go, visually appealing for the house and quiet
>>
>>2167807
>not reptiles

They're just as quiet and look like fucking dinosaurs
>>
>>2167816
snakes are cool, the rest, if youre into that I guess
>>
File: Egypte_louvre_058.jpg (72KB, 432x800px) Image search: [Google]
Egypte_louvre_058.jpg
72KB, 432x800px
>Dog
>God backwards
>Not nearly as deified as cats

???
>>
>>2167840
>every culture from prehistory until now has been fluent in english
>>
>>2167840
Rodents spread bubonic plague and leprosy. Cats kill rodents. Cats have saved billions of lives. They deserve the deity status they've attained, and it would be respectful if you worshiped them like they deserve.
>>
File: 1465541498501.png (316KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
1465541498501.png
316KB, 432x413px
>>2167142
>>
>>2167853
It's not an anti-cat post.

Also, that would be a statue of Bastet, whose cult was banned several hundred years before the bubonic plague royally fucked Egypt over. Cats were instead deified because they ate rodents which were getting into granaries, and because they fucked up sneggs. Mafdet's entire deal was she killed a fucking snake demon.
>>
Dogs and cats pros
>cuddly
>know when you're upsetti spaghetti
>let you know when they have to pee poo
>lay on you and lick your face
>can be paper/litter/outdoor trained
>teddy bear soft
>keeps themselves busy with toys if you're gone or busy

Both cons
>shed
>meow/bark at nothing
>tear up your furniture
>chew shit
>shit/pee/vomit on your carpet if not properly trained

Dog pros
>keep you active with daily walks/jogs
>plays with you
>bark if there's an intruder

Cat pros
>wakes you up early nice and quiet
>lounges most of the day
>easily distracted with toys

depending on breeds of course there are exceptions
>>
File: IMG_20160708_092627.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_092627.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>2167697
>>
>>2167771
i vacuum the carpet because its gross not to. of course all animals shed but you can hardly lump the shedding of a short hair cat and that of a shih tzu
>>
>>2167711
and dealing with a dog as it gets old is a bitch. My oldest dog's health has gone down the drain, he's basically a vegetable right now and I have to hand-feed him WATER not to mention actual food. Cats dont go to shit so easily in old age.

Cats>dogs. The end.
>>
>>2167711
if anything cats become stronger as they get older. You don't mess with a wise old cat. They'll fuck your shit.
>>
>>2167892
>Dog pros
>>keep you active with daily walks/jogs
>>plays with you
>>bark if there's an intruder

fuck that. The only advantageous thing is the intruder thing but 9/10 they bark at their own farts in fear. I don't need any of that shit.
>>
>>2168093
most old cats that i have owned just get lazy. i dont even let them get fat but they stop going outside or playing with the others. except for my killer calico, still a crazy bitch at 10yrs old. brings me mice every day
>>
>>2168095
i have a shih tzu and a spitz, neither bark except for at other dogs or each other when playing. its a personality thing. my parents have a silent (basically) cat and two cats that don't shut up for anything, even when fed.
>>
>dog
loves you unconditionally
>cat
toxoplasmosis
>>
>>2168110
>animal
>love

Are you thirteen

>le toxoplasmosis meme

Oh, yes you are.
>>
>>2168112
who could be behind this post?
>>
You can list pros and cons of doggos and cats all day. Ultimately, it's just which you like. For some people, doggos are too derpy and dependent. For others, cats are too aloof and cold. It's just what you like at the end of the day.
>>
File: 1468386324051.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468386324051.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
>>2168116
Reason? On MY /an/?
>>
File: 1464047532953.jpg (1004KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
1464047532953.jpg
1004KB, 1600x896px
>actually owning animals with diseases and hurt people because they are dumb.
Why aren't you part of the beetle master race?
>loyal and protective
>will take all intruders to suplex city
>not afraid of anything
>hardy as fuck
>likes sweet things
>chill as fuck with owners
>will take no shit from animals that are challenging your dominance and put them in their place
>will protect you from spider, hornets, centipedes, and other nasty pests
>majestic as fuck
>can legally participate in the beetle gladiator arena and bring honor to your name
>when it dies it will go to beetle Valhalla
Apply yourself /an/.
>>
>>2168112
>>love
if you have a pet that you dont have a loving relationship with you need to give them up so they can have a better life
>>
>>2168109
>its a personality thing
Also a breed thing. Beagles, for instance, never shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1465865020055.jpg (15KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
1465865020055.jpg
15KB, 540x332px
>not liking both

With that said, actively disliking dogs just screams sheltered assburgers.
>>
>>2168695
It really says a lot about someone.

People who like both > people who prefer dogs > people who prefer cats > people who only like dogs and dislike cats >>>>>>>>>>>>>> people who only like cats and dislike dogs
>>
Why are dogfags so unable to comprehend that some people might not like their annoying, mouth breathing buffoon of an animal?
>>
>>2168729
Because you need to be a massive faggot or a girl to not like dogs.
>>
>>2168718
what if im just allergic to cats?
>>
>>2167853
>3000BC
>Bubonic Plague and Leprosy
???
>>
File: IMG_5042.jpg (56KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5042.jpg
56KB, 283x323px
>>2168736
>hurr you're a faggot is you don't love this slobbering, noisy retard
>>
>>2168110
>loves you unconditionally

Yeah, "love" from an animal that will "love" anyone who pats its head and gives it food really means something.
>>
>>2168740
That's the long and short of it.
>>
>>2168742
that's not how it works you fuck. some dogs even hate everyone except their owner/family
>>
>>2168742
>Being so insecure that you need a fucking pet to be willing to put up with you and only you and even then only if you cater to its every whim
>>
>>2168718
So much this
>>
>>2167095
you forgot hitler on dogs
>>
>>2167060

dogs are for people who need something to take care of and feel loved by. The noise and stink aren't even noticed because they are getting so much fulfillment out of the filthy animal. I don't get it
>>
>>2169319

cats smell worse than dogs and litterboxes are disgusting
>>
>>2169323
>cats smell worse than dogs
that's crazytalk
>>
>>2169323
>cats smell worse than dogs

Ahaha oh my god
>>
>>2169323
As someone who owns both, cats themselves smell really, really nice. If your cat itself doesn't smell clean, then it can be an indicator they are sick. Also, get fucking over it. Liter boxes are no grosser than picking up your dog's shit.

Dogs kinda stink to actually stink if you have a hound and you get to partake in their unique musk.
>>
>>2169319

I like to get puppies sometimes to attract women. But once they start getting big, away they go
>>
>>2169325
>>2169326

it's true, cats smell horrible and so do their litterboxes... that's not to say dogs smell good or some shit, dogs also smell disgusting, but cats are worse... just cuz you're noseblind doesn't mean it isn't reality + dogs are more likely to have been given a bath on any given day than a cat...

i don't own either btw, i don't like fur all over everything, and both are annoying, i only like cats and dogs when they're other people's pets... though i actually enjoy borrowing one of my roommate's dogs (i only really like one of them) to take him to go play in the river and for night walks (though i can take my bird more places during the day and when i actually have shit to do like walk into a store he's inconvenient), whereas if he was a cat i guess he'd be ok sometimes when i had one of those lighters with the flashlight end and useless otherwise except for being cute...
>>
>>2169327

i've never smelt a cat, healthy or sick that didn't smell gross to me... just cuz you enjoy the smell doesn't mean i do... and i don't like picking up dog shit, but a litterbox is worse... especially cuz it's in your house

but i think it's funny how me saying cats smell worse you instantly think i'm saying dogs are way better or that dogs don't smell... people who like both kinds animal and are one sided about it are so illogical about it, can't even list a negative without them assuming a bunch of dumb shit
>>
>>2167853
>Cats have saved billions of lives.
>This is what cat people actually believe.

Also, cats don't save lives intentionally. It's an indirect environmental effect based solely on the extremely rare occurrence of rodent-carried illness passing to humans. Which is, again, extremely rare even if someone lived with rodents.

Dogs, however, intentionally save lives. Constantly. Not just one dog here and there. Nearly every dog will put their life on the line to save their owner, and a good portion of them will even do it for a stranger.
>>
>>2169327
>Liter boxes are no grosser than picking up your dog's shit.

One is inside your home, where you keep your stuff and your family. The other is outside in the grass. There is a HUGE difference.

Dogs poop outside, don't step in it, but wipe their feet in the grass just in case, then move on.

Cats poop, dance in it and kick it around, track urine and fecal remnants all over after they leave the litter box, walk on your bed, your kitchen counters, your end tables, etc - shit and piss being spread everywhere.

Please tell me more about how much better litter boxes are.
>>
>dogs: kill cats
>cats: be killed by dogs

Dogs win
>>
>>2167711
My dog never does any of those things except watch me when I eat and he doesn't run away when I open the gate. My friends cat pukes on his floor and pees on his clothes, scratches all his furniture.
>>
>wanting an animal that verbally complains to you constantly
>>
>>2169358
>dogs: killed by chocolate

Chocolate wins, chocolate is best pet
>>
>>2169344
And dogs don't like to roll around in shit either?
>>
>>2167095
>cats
>not smelly
>>
File: 1439500353344.jpg (30KB, 634x397px) Image search: [Google]
1439500353344.jpg
30KB, 634x397px
>judging animals for their animalistic traits
I think I know who the real autist is.
>>
File: ItxGu88.gif (3MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
ItxGu88.gif
3MB, 294x233px
>>2167697
Do crows even make good pets?
>>
>>2169451

Not judging the animals themselves, but the people who are content to live in filth and stench, as long as they have something to take care of and make them feel needed.
>>
>>2169443
>And dogs don't like to roll around in shit either?

No? One of the methods to stop a dog from digging in the yard is to move their own shit in the area that they're digging. They won't mess around in the same area they poop. Because they're not a glorified rodent with no common sense.
>>
File: bugs.jpg (25KB, 261x284px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
25KB, 261x284px
>people shitting on each other and others in the "both" group trying to take holier than thou stances
Feels good to be an aquatic patrician, you sub-humans.
>>
>>2169502
Go back to cumming in your aquarium to maintain its pH or whatever it is you do.
>>
>>2169462
People need to stop thinking of pet animals in terms of 'what makes a good pet' and start thinking in terms of self-ability.

The question isn't whether or not a crow is a good pet or not, but whether or not you can handle a crow.

Not even the best pet weathers through a shit owner.
>>
>>2167853
terrier breeds are just as good as cats at killing vermin
>>
>>2169525

I imagine that would raise the phosphorus and nitrate levels due to the increase in organic proteins and waste matter, with a smaller affect on ammonia. There shouldn't be any affect on the pH since ejaculate is neither specifically acid nor alkaline.

If you consistently ejaculate in the aquarium, the increased phosphate and nitrates will lead to an outbreak of red/green algae at the very least. So although I would advise against using the aquarium as a cum bucket, you could probably counter the effects with some Nerite Snails since they feed on the green/red slime algae.

On the plus side, spooging in your aquarium will choke the breeding environment for green diatom algae, which are a pain in the ass to clean off the glass and most common snails won't touch it. So, that's good.

What were we talking about?
>>
>being a faggot over what pet people like beyond the age of 8

C'mon, fellas, can't we all just get along?
>>
>>2169570
psst: razor blades work for diatoms.
>>
>>2169570
Never change /an/
>>
File: dog and cat.gif (2MB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
dog and cat.gif
2MB, 232x200px
>>2167060
>not appreciating most animals

You people suck salt.
>>
>>2167060
>quality? heh.. I'm more of a shitposter myself
>>
File: 1447212025571.jpg (13KB, 540x296px) Image search: [Google]
1447212025571.jpg
13KB, 540x296px
>>2168695
>>2168718

Why are people who dislike dogs considered terrible human beans? Not everyone has the same preference in pets.
>>
File: 1463752229821.jpg (34KB, 388x463px) Image search: [Google]
1463752229821.jpg
34KB, 388x463px
>Not liking them both
>>
>>2169757
Preferences and outright disliking something for no given reason are different concepts though. The only people who dislike dogs are sheltered fatties, shitskins and chinks, and if you're one of those you may need to have some serious introspection.

>inb4 muh raycis
Not everyone has the same preference in people. :^)
>>
>>2169602

I used to use a credit card. I recently found a high-powered magnet brush that I can scrub the inside and outside with at the same time that surprisingly gets it off.

Doesn't help for the back wall which is covered with intakes and against an actual wall so it's too damn hard to reach. I am procrastinating breaking down all the appliances just to clean it.
>>
>>2169756
(:^)
>>
>Maine Coon
>Most affectionate and playful cat
>still chill as fuck
Why a a rent you part of the Maine Coon masterrace
>>
>>2169438
>Chocolate
>Just sits there as a bar and doesn't do anything

>Peanut butter
> you can spread all over your body and use for a plethora of weird fetishes

Chocolate 0
Peanut butter 7
>>
>>2170691
because cat owners are typically poor.
>>2170695
you can do the same with chocolate or wax, or honey.

some people even use apples.
>>
>>2170695
Nutella is objectively better than chocolate

>can spread it on everything just like peanut butter
>can use it in practically anything and still turns out delicious
>>
>>2167095
Is that HPL in the bottom left corner?
>>
>>2170695
>Chocolate: can stay as a solid and be inserted anywhere, AND be melted and spread wherever you like for great pleasure
>Peanut butter: cheap lumpy shit that never loves you back

Peanut butter owners like you are freaks, CHOCOLATE is man's best friend
>>
>>2169330
I've never understood how retards like you can say that shit.
You can't smell a cat unless you put your nose right on it or if it's sick or the house is unkempt. You, however, smell dogs from a distance, and dog musk is worse. People who say cats smell worse probably haven't spent a lengthy amount of time with cats.
>>
>>2170753
Cats don't smell bad because I have an allergic reaction after being near them and therefor can't smell them
>>
>>2170741
Chocolate also helps with stomachaches, while peanut butter can cause acne.
>>
>>2170691
>maine coon is master race
>not ragamuffin
>>
>>2170753
>house is unkempt.

You know ... let's be realistic here. Cat people always talk about how the boxes (and by proxy, the cat) don't smell when you do simple maintenance. And hey, I have a cat, I agree. With the correct litter, location, litter-catching mat, and maybe some Arm & Hammer if need-be, you'd never smell it.

But here's the thing - 95% of cat owners are not like that. You know it. I know it. I also know at least 75% of the cat owners on /an/ also have messy litter box areas despite what they preach - and they know it. "Do as I say, not as I do" is a fine stance, though, as any parent will tell you. So don't sweat it. The only reason our litter area is clean is our cat is very senior, and we only have 1 of them.

But let's pretending every cat can live a clean life with just a tiny effort - the vast majority of litter box areas are a fucking disaster. That's just how it is. And it will never change.

Also, 99% of dogs don't get weekly baths. Mine get one every 2 months, and I doubt 20% of dog owners even go that far. So yes, they smell. Same as cats.
>>
File: cat eat dog.jpg (39KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
cat eat dog.jpg
39KB, 400x353px
>>2169358
>>
>>2170698
Are maine coons expensive? I've been thinking about getting one from a shelter or something.
>>
>>2169466
>posting that on an animal board
I know this is a bait thread but seriously why are you even here
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
>>
>>2171032
cats smell far worse than dogs.
>>
>>2171056
he was talking about house cats/-dogs
Not about leopards/jackals

A big cat is something completely different than a house cat, even anatomically and certainly behaviorally there are vast differences between big cats an "purring" cats
>>
>>2171250
>tfw you will never be a eccentric and wealthy British gentleman with a an exotic large cat as a pet

Why even live?
>>
i dont like the fact that cats thing theyre better than you
like they think the house is theirs, little pricks
>>
>>2167060
Is that supposed to be Sephiroth's sword? Cause that shit looks thing is stupid large.
>>
>>2167060
rats > dogs > cats end of discussion okey thanks u
>>
>>2172241
It's a Zanbato - An anti-cavalry weapon
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.