[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man VS Dog (But actually shitty owners)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pitbull.jpg (47KB, 525x297px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull.jpg
47KB, 525x297px
There are these folks who live up the road who have a rather significantly sized pitbull. Most of the time it seems to sleep inside, but occasionally it will be outdoors in the early morning when I'm running.

This becomes a problem for me because their fence is about 2 feet tall and the dog leaps that shit like Superman. And of course, if I'm the proximity, it makes a bee line for me and only seems to stop short if I do the "AHH! AHH!" loud noise song and dance.

I like dogs. But I'm not super familiar with them because I'm broke, and can't afford one of my own, so I don't really have any expertise when it comes to behavior. Maybe it's just being friendly. But friendly barking from a musclebound hulk with no one to hold it's leash comes across an awful lot like menacing. Not only that, but the thought of having to clobber this dog because it's owners are stupid makes it twice as unpleasant. I don't want to hurt it, but I will hurt the shit out of it if it doesn't chill out when it gets within striking distance of me.

Any advice here? I guess the first step would be to go up to these strangers and tell them to keep their dog tied up? I bet that's gonna go over real well
>>
They're obviously garbage human beings. Poison that dog, barricade their doors/windows and burn the house down.
>>
I don't know if this dog would actually bite, but maybe ask around your neighborhood to see what others think about it and if they've heard of it biting anyone.

>go up to these strangers and tell them to keep their dog tied up?
Either that or tell the cops about them (ask that you stay anonymous) to get them to keep it on leash or else. A potentially dangerous dog like that should not be allowed to roam free.
>>
Carry mace or pepper spray and light that doggy up. Make sure it's owners know you had to do this, and will be calling the authorities next time it happens if you get injuries. Tell them to expect a lawsuit for your pain and suffering, as the dogs owners they are ultimately responsible for its actions. Hold them accountable OP. Good luck.
>>
don't run by their house

call animal control and/or the police on them
>>
>be me, live way out in country.
>closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away
>my kids playing in pool, start yelling about something
>look over and see large pit bull type dog. Red colored brendel, black mask, white socks. Beautiful, but very intimidating in apperance.
>ohfugg.jpeg
>nervously call dog to me, away from kids
>this dog bounds over to me. Literally bounds, like a half hop, run, trot kind of thing
>huge fucking smile on this dogs face
>dog immediately sits on my feet, and starts rubbing its big ass head all over my legs
>friendly doesn't do it justice, this dog is a bona fide baby
>open door to truck, dog jumps right in, puts head in my lap
>drive to neighbor, see her in yard frantically yelling for dog
>open door, dog bounds up to neighbor lady, covers her with saliva.
>she is very apologetic, says she went in to get phone, came out dog was gone
>dog comes back to me, rolls over on back for belly scratches
I know your situation is different OP, I just wanted to share. I lived in that house for thirteen years and that's the only time that dog ever came on my property. Gorgeous animal with a sweet disposition, guess I was lucky.
>>
>>2158983
>it makes a bee line for me and only seems to stop short if I do the "AHH! AHH!" loud noise song and dance

If it's running at you and its body is soft, head down and tail wagging in a side-to-side motion (as opposed to stiff, with its head up and tail erect) without growling, it's likely to just want to smell you and say hello.

However, regardless of how friendly the dog is, you really need to tell the owners that it's jumping the fence and bothering you. It's totally their responsibility to keep control of the dog...I mean shit, tons of nice pits get shot and poisoned all the time because their owners are oblivious to the fact that not everyone likes pits (or any large dog coming at them).

If the owners are decent, they'll appreciate the straight-talk. If they're shitty then just warn them next time you run you'll be carrying dog mace and you'll be calling animal control.
>>
>>2158983
Steal the dog you fag or take him on your run
>>
>>2159030
Absolutely this. This is the correct answer
>>
File: springbaton.jpg (257KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
springbaton.jpg
257KB, 800x800px
Shoot it.
Alternatively, pic related, I was looking at some stuff on amazon earlier
Search for 'steel spring whip baton'
Most of the reviews are from people who bought it just to protect their small dog from pitts while out walking
>>
>>2159030
this basically

but i'd just mace the thing if it got close to me and another option is calling animal control on it
>>
https://youtu.be/W7qYfMQkLBo
>>
>>2158983
Xylitol bacon

Pupper go night night
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.