[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 109

File: image.jpg (94KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 1024x656px
Who would win?
>>
>>2154646
is it in/near water?

Spinosaursus could potentially drown the rex the way crocodiles do to take out large prey, but if that isn't an option, T-Rex has the high ground, being bigger wont necessarily play into spino's favor, it's just not built for land based combat against similarly sized aggressors.
>>
https://youtu.be/M7tNqjsclhs

/thread/
>>
>>2154651
>the objectively worst jurassic park
lel
>>
Rex because his bite force is stronger
In water probably spino
>>
T Rex, spino is a more specialized animal more suited to hunting its aquatic prey
>>
Trex jaws and teeth are designed to inflict massive trauma to large prey, spino teeth and jaws are more designed to catch aquatic smaller prey, similar to a modern day gharial
>>
>>2154646
WIPE THIS MEME FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH
>>
>>2154646
the human
>>
They wouldn't fight.
Spinosaurus was a fisher. It scooped up large fish in it's bill, while the T-Rex was a scavenger and they're now saying it didn't actively hunt but took down sick/injured or already dying animals or ate dead carrion.
>>
File: t-rex-computer-360.jpg (51KB, 360x225px) Image search: [Google]
t-rex-computer-360.jpg
51KB, 360x225px
>>2154970
T-rex being mostly a scavenger was largely debunk years ago, and so on even to this day. Even Jack Horner long refuted many of his original claims, and he was pretty much the main one lobbing that theory.

Really, it was practically an impossibility plagued with multiple issues.
Such as tyrannosaurus being a massive terrestrial animal that could only eat meat. Its size alone required large amounts of food.

All dinosaurs (especially coelurosaurs) were pretty much entirely warmblooded. Warmblood is energy expensive to maintain and require a lot of nourishment. This combined with the sheer size of tyrannosaurus made it even more necessary to eat large amounts of food at an even more consistent rate.

Animals do not just simply die near by at a consistent rate; die randomly far apart. Tyrannosaurus would have to travel miles across just to find a carcass, which would likely already be largely eaten by smaller predators (dakotaraptor, acheroraptor, nanotyrannus), multiple pterosaurs (especially quetzalcoatlus), genuine scavengers, and other tyrannosauruses that found the carcass first. This is by no means a viable living style for a tyrannosaurus to depend on, especially an entire population of them; which evidence suggest they were very common in during their reign.

Lets not forget that tyrannosaurus was the largest meat eater in its environment during its time. No other animal would have been better suited to prevent the large herbivores from over populating.
In fact, more evidence seem to confirm that tyrannosaurus almost certainly hunted triceratops, edmontosaurus, and even juvenile alamosaurus. The evidence for tyrannosaurus being a hunter is actually greater than the case for other large meat eating dinosaurs like giganotosaurus.
On a side note: Tyrannosaurus might have even hunted torosaurus (which was more likely it own genus), denversaurus, ankylosaurus, anodontosaurus, and even other tyrannosauruses.
>>
>>2155077
not to mention it clearly showing several adaptations often associated with active hunters.
>>
File: Tyrannosaurus_ears3.png (637KB, 864x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrannosaurus_ears3.png
637KB, 864x1177px
>>2155102
Such as its phenomenal vision
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtQPo4HKLY
Its very keen hearing
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ar.20983/full
Image also based on its hearing

Its sense of smell is also a very useful predatory trait, as for it allow it to find food at night even through a forest (regardless if it could see or smell the prey); possibly pointing to tyrannosaurus being more nocturnal than we thought.

Even its killer set of jaws were especially advantageous for a big game hunter. This is even more the case due to tyrannosaurus prey either being fast (i.e. edmontosaurus), combative (e.g. triceratops, torosaurus, possible ankylosaurs), or just very large (juvenile alamosaurus). One bite would pretty much case instant death, or at the very least injuries so severe that death is practically inevitable.
>>
>>2154651
All that was was a product placement for advertising and toys. Basically what Jurassic World did Indonimus rex, with the "it's bigger than a T-rex". Just a way to sell shit to retarded mongrels.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1440x1080px
>>2154651
According to that blatantly wrong Hollywood fantasy fight, the tyrannosaurus should have won within 11secs after they first met.

The t-rex immediately initiates the fight. In a matter of seconds, the tyrannosaurus goes for the neck and slams it violently to the ground. The bite alone should have decimated the spinosaurus neck instantly without a doubt.

Tyrannosaurus jaws were specialized to cause more significant damage than any other dinosaur by a high margin. It was designed to chomp harder, deeper ands kill quicker than any other large dinosaur ever known.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-tyrannosaurus-rexs-dangerous-and-deadly-bite-37252918/?no-ist

Based on the placement of the t-rex's bite, the muscle would be reduced to mush, arteries severed, bleeding would be profuse, neck vertebrae shattered, and a massive gruesome, jagged wound would be all that was left; pretty much a quick guarantee kill.
The violent slam afterwards would just be overkill...
There never was any evidence that spinosaurus could snap the muscular neck of a tyrannosaur. In fact, that was completely made up by the film crew themselves; not at all based on any real evidence or study whatsoever.
>>
>>2154646
Tyrannosaurus was taller, more robust, smarter, had superior precise vision, and could kill with a single bite.
One bite, one kill.
>>
>>2154646
Are there seriously people debating this?

It is almost guarantee going to be t rex as victorious.
That is unless they fought in deep water, where the spinosaurus could pretty much drown its opponent.
>>
>>2154646
Tyrannosaurus was pretty much near perfectly designed to dominate.

With its precise sight, robust build and killer chompers, there was really no other large predatory dinosaur that would even have a 50% chance of defeating it.

Really, the only two that even come close to rivaling tyrannosaurus was giganotosaurus and carcharodontosaurus. Neither of those two had any real advantage over tyrannosaurus outside of a very slight difference in size. They were less intelligent, significantly weaker less effective jaws, smaller weaker teeth (could easily break from the sides and could not violently jerk its enemies in its mouth for extra damage), had poor vision (eyes more on the sides of their heads), and were certainly not as robust as tyrannosaurus.

Pretty much, the animal was very fitting of the name 'Tyrant King'
>>
File: TRexUltimateSurvivor_CGI_101.jpg (294KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
TRexUltimateSurvivor_CGI_101.jpg
294KB, 1200x800px
>>2155210
Here is the image I meant to use with that post.

Oh, and the gap is very accurate
http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/11/150495
>>
>>2154646
Tyrannosaurus is famed for its dramatic killer jaws. It was capable of tearing off massive chunks and even limbs of its prey.

The match would really not last long at all.
>>
>>2154646
History decided that humans won.
>>
>>2155228
Pretty much
>>
File: maxresdefaultmaxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultmaxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>2155152
>>2155156
>>2155210
>>2155214
>>2155228
>>2155235
>>2154646
There are some studies showing that not only would tyrannosaurus tear off large chunks, smash bones or even sever limbs, but its 'signature finishing move' was evidently decapitation via ripping the heads off their foe.
http://www.nature.com/news/how-to-eat-a-triceratops-1.11650
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/did-tyrannosaurus-ever-battle-triceratops-95464192/?no-ist
>>
>>2155254
Damn, that's pretty hardcore.
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 620x257px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 620x257px
>>2154646
Reminder that the T. rex looked more like this, it had soft skin (like a bird), it would also move like a chicken and wasnt even half as smart as one
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x360px
Skin wrapping is a crime
>>
File: wyrex.jpg (30KB, 279x203px) Image search: [Google]
wyrex.jpg
30KB, 279x203px
>>2155534
>it had soft skin (like a bird)
>it had scaly skin (like an alligator)
ftfy
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>2155544
>he thinks a T.Rex had scaly skin
What are you four?
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 525x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 525x372px
>>2155606
>>2155544
S O F T S K I N
O
F
T

S
K
I
N
>>
File: wyrex t.jpg (94KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
wyrex t.jpg
94KB, 600x398px
>>2155606
>What are you four?
I posted a picture of scaly T. rex skin.

here, have another in case you can't see the first one.
>>
File: cassowary1.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cassowary1.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>2155611
Same deal with cassowaries. I can't believe retards think they have any feathers. I mean look at this picture, they just have brightly colored skin and no feathers or scales.
>>
>>2155612
>no feathers or scales.
>or scales.
what part of the T. rex scales I posted did you miss?
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>2155613
>being this stupid
We've known that's it's a 100% fact for a while now that they did
have feathers
>>
>>2155620
>Yutyrannus
>Tyrannosaurus
see, we even spell them differently so it's easy for you to tell they're two different animals.
>>
>>2154653
Lost World was worse
>>
File: image.jpg (697KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
697KB, 800x800px
>>2155622
>two different animals
> in the same species
They're pretty close buddy both are tyrannosaurs and just like chickens if ones got feathers they all got em
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 338x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 338x225px
>>2155631
>>
>>2155635
they aren't the same species
they aren't the same genus
they aren't even the same family
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 1189x671px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 1189x671px
>>2155637
>pulling stuff from your ass
Pathetic...
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 597x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 597x295px
>>2155612
Cassowaries have feathers though...
>>
>>2155642
Tyrannosauroidea is a Superfamily.

not a species.
not a genus.
not a family.

a fucking superfamily.
>pulling stuff from your ass
>posts a pic that proves what I said
>>
>>2155642
>Tyrannosauroidea (meaning 'tyrant lizard forms') is a superfamily
>a superfamily

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosauroidea
>>
>>2154646
ofc human have you never played god of war
or just get a gun and aim for the head
>>
File: 1464243156327.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464243156327.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
>>2155606
We have direct evidence that tyrannosaurus definitely had scaly skin. The same can not be said about sfot-skin. Besides, likewise even the softest-skin (if any) on its body would likely be thick due to the animal's size alone.
>>
>>2155534
Yeah, as with pretty much all dinosaurs.... Including spinosaurus and allosaurus.

Feathers were evolving with dinosaurs even long before they were truly dinosaurs.
Soft skin is also possible for all dinosaurs as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGAixpQcqdU
By the way, we have direct evidence from wyrex that tyrannosaurus definitely had scales.
>>2155544
>>2155611
>>
>>2155254
wait i always though that some of the Triceratops fossils with bite marks on them showed signs of healing, indicating T.rex actively hunting them. yet the first link says that none of the 18 fossils with bite marks show signs of healing?
what do i believe?
>>
>>2155620
then what animal do those scaly skin imprints belong to you dunce?
>>
>>2155716
That's not what they said. Just that there is at least one case where a triceratops seemingly had its head ripped off its body by seemingly a tyrannosaurus.
>>
>>2154646
While they (A) lived so far apart in space-time that they'd never meet, and (B) would never engage in a fight because they're large predators (AKA the pussiest of all niches), if they DID fight my money'd be on Sexy Rexy.

Spinosaurus' face was designed to trap and immobilize big fishies. T. rex's face was somehow pre-adapted to demolish VW Bugs. The giant proto-whale-bird would end up a 50-foot miracle of evolution that sorta just ends at the neck in 15 seconds.
>>
>>2155144
I just realized Jurassic World is literally a movie about companies and marketing and less about Dinosaurs even thought thats what the trailers will tell you
>>
>>2155611
>>2155687
True, but the Wyrex impressions are only from the bottom of the tail.
Given that most feathery dinosaurs that weren't complete head-to-tail floof had scaly tails, it's pretty consistent with head, neck, back, and flanks plumage.
>>
>>2155810
most scientists realize the "feathers of the gaps" idea is stupid and bound to eventually fail.

the odds are too long. You'd need magic to explain how we only found the parts without feathers.

Science doesn't care for magic.
>>
>>2155810
>most feathery dinosaurs that weren't complete head-to-tail floof had scaly tails
I can only think of one, and last fall it was decided that it didn't have feathers.
>>
File: ALAN.png (193KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ALAN.png
193KB, 500x281px
>>2155631
'no'
>>
>People on /an/ trying to argue that t Rex's did have feathers
And I thought this was one of the smarter boards
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 926x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 926x604px
even far off relatives of the T. rex like the therozinosaurus has feathers
>>
>>2154646
This is the closest fucking image I have ever seen of dino fuzz being on a large dinosaur. Not that completely covering shit. Unless the dino like the yuty huali lived in a colder climate of course. The fuzz is probably still too thick and large but I can see why the artist would want to make it visible. Those kind of feathers would be at most 3cm long, not the 4inches(bought the size of that guys hand) would be.

If the spino pulled the rex into water it would be able to. Odds are it would avoid any prey larger than it is.
>>
>>2155077
large predators like the T-rex were a necessity for that environment. Without an apex predator, those huge fucking herbowhores would have fucking devoured entire forests. Those fuckers eat an insane amount of vegetation. Like, holy shit an insane amount.

Without dinos like the T-rex herbivores would have killed their entire ecosystem.

A T-rex wouldn't have hunted another T-rex unless it was necessary. But this is true for every predator. There is no reason to risk your life to such an extent unless you absolutely have to. Even spiders won't eat other spiders if there is enough prey to go around. It's what leads to those disgusting as fuck spider forests.
>>
>>2155156
>tropical environment
>thick fur coverings
oh.....

Enjoy dying from heat stroke t-rex buddy.
>>
>>2155534
KYS
>>
>>2156152
like all the tropical animals with fur/feathers today
>>
>>2155635
>>2155622
>woolly mammoth
>elephant
SAME SPECIES GUYS
>>
File: 2Wcnl7w.jpg (596KB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
2Wcnl7w.jpg
596KB, 1200x729px
>>2155682
This faggot here I swear >>2155687

The current theory is a t-rex would be born with light feathers but lose them as it aged. In the same way an elephant loses it's hair as it ages.
>>
>>2156155
You're too retard to factor in size you stupid fuck.

An elephant, rhino, hippo are bald as fuck for a reason.
>>
>>2155635
>>2155620
yutyrannus weighed like less than two tons and tyrannosaurus weighed close to eight, totally different animal.
>>
>>2156164
lol moron
>>
File: 1466164788239.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1466164788239.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>2156175
you have no idea about literally anything
>>
>>2156180
Well, at least I'm not the one who is saying that dinosaurs cant have "fur" because elephants are "bald"
>>
>>2156186
I have repeatedly said they have dino fuzz that would have light feather coverings. Maybe you're too stupid to know the definition of bald.

BALD
adjective
having little or no hair on the scalp:
destitute of some natural growth or covering:
lacking detail; bare; plain; unadorned:

>little or no hair
>destitute of some natural covering
>little
>some
As in, they have very very little "hair". Like say, a fucking elephant you dipshit.
>>
>>2156186
also point to where I said they CAN'T have feathers. As in, all dinosaurs can't have feathers. I would love to see where those words were typed and posted.

Also, we have been talking specifically about the T-Rex and not shit like raptors. The yutyrannus is not a T-REX and lives in a completely different climate.
>>
>>2156214
>I have repeatedly said they have dino fuzz that would have light feather coverings
so pretty much like depicted here
>>2155156

it pretty much is the JUST haircut barely covering its head and shoulders.
I still fail to see how that would necessarily kill the t-rex.
It also pretty much also matches your definition of bald
>>
>>2156222
>I still fail to see how that would necessarily kill the t-rex
different anon, but I don't think it would kill the T. rex.

It's just that we have skin from T. rex with scales on it, and that evidence overrules bracketing.

if we didn't have that skin then it would be perfectly reasonable to guess rex had feathers. Since we have the skin it becomes a lot less reasonable.

basically we have respected scientists who when the evidence doesn't fit their hypothesis try to ignore the evidence. A situation that doesn't generally last.
>>
>>2156156
There's a big difference between elephantidae and tyrannosaurs...
>>
>>2156523
true.
One is a scientific taxon while the other is a meaningless made up word used almost exclusively by the uneducated public.

or the title of a 2011 movie dealing with themes of violence and abuse, starring Peter Mullan, Olivia Colman, Eddie Marsan, Paul Popplewell and Sally Carman.
>>
>Tyrannosaurus couldn't possibly have had feathers, it'd overheat.

It couldn't have had scales either, go wrap yourself in crocodile hide in the desert and see what happens
>>
>>2156531
Oh I'm sorry tyrannosauridea ;)
>>
>>2156539
it's fine.

but then we have the problem that Yutyrannus isn't in Tyrannosauridae.
>>
>>2156538
not a terrible point.

If overheating was a problem scales presumably wouldn't cool as well as sparse feathers or even bare skin would.

Scales would protect against dehydration better though.
>>
>>2154646
Spinowins because it can sneak up on people despite weighing 20 tons, according to JPIII at least.
>>
>>2156538
in fact that's a really good argument. One I haven't seen yet even from professional paleontologists.

very nicely done.
I've seen a handful of original arguments on /an/ over the years, yours looks like a good one.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 564x564px
>>2156553
I did say tyrannosauridae, I said https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosauroidea

the words are extremely similar so it looks like I spelled it wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 768x1024px
>>2156538
>>2156555
>>2156557
It could have been a lot like a cassowary(they live in hot weather) or if your suggesting it had no feathers what so ever then it's entire body would probably be like the cassowarys neck which would be pretty interesting to see
>>
>>2156592
Didn't *
>>
>>2154646
Not the viewers thats for sure
>>
File: Tyrannosaurus_Rex_Holotype.jpg (949KB, 1920x1271px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrannosaurus_Rex_Holotype.jpg
949KB, 1920x1271px
>>2154646
Time.
>>
File: Desert-Spiny-Lizard-0003.jpg (104KB, 725x518px) Image search: [Google]
Desert-Spiny-Lizard-0003.jpg
104KB, 725x518px
>>2156538
>>
>>2156538
>>2156384
>>
>>2156384
yeah, I know.

But iirc, we haven found skin of the whole trex.
>>
>>2156557
>in fact that's a really good argument
>very nicely done
>I've seen a handful of original arguments
>yours looks like a good one

you shouldnt samefag that obvious.
It is a shitty point and nobody would jerk you off like this for that shit
>>
>>2156713
The person that made the observation knows I'm not him.

the only reason I mention it is because a couple months back I was arguing this same topic with Holtz and a couple Chinese paleontologists on fb.

they made some very interesting points regarding climate and thermoregulation that nobody on /an/ has ever thought of on their own. Which was cool, it was something new I could bring to /an/.

but none of them stated the obvious, what that anon said.
>>
>>2156801
just really looked like that.

I just cant see how that is such a good point, when the t-rex had scales.
There are also a lot of desert animals with scales, too.
>>
>>2156093
was that animal really proven to have feathers, just suspected to have them?
>>
>>2156818
OR just suspected to have them?

Sorry. I had to correct myself.
>>
File: yeah sure.png (28KB, 499x322px) Image search: [Google]
yeah sure.png
28KB, 499x322px
>>2156809
>>2156538
>>2156555
T rex wasn't a desert animal you fucking idiots
>>
>>2156824
kek. nobody said that. read the thread or shut up you retard
>>
File: 1443511168694.jpg (23KB, 549x364px) Image search: [Google]
1443511168694.jpg
23KB, 549x364px
>>2155606
>>2155612
>>2155620
>>2155635
>>2155642
>>2155648
>>2155687
>>2156093
>>2156186
>>2155534
>Falling for this obvious bait
>>
>>2156827
Clearly there is no end to your Lies.

Toodle-pip, Loser!
>>
>>2156827
>People honestly think that T Rex's looked like they did in Jurassic park and were reptiles
I bet you think raptors were lizards too dumb ass
>>
>>2156843
No one said that numbnuts, Tyrannosaurus had scales, this is a known fact
>>2155611
>>2155544
As of yet there is no evidence to suggest Tyrannosaurus rex had feathers beyond the fact a small relative did. At most It's possible they may have had some fuzz like a modern elephant, likely fluffier as babies.

plus, if tyrannosaurus was covered in feathers, how the fuck would it groom itself? Other large theropods like Carnotaurus were known to be naked.
>>
>>2156858
>Tyrannosaurus had scales, this is a known fact
on its whole body? I dont think this is a know fact
>>
>>2156858
so like these illustrations
>>2154646
>>2155156
>>2155275
>>2155534
>>
>>2156809
it would indicate that the argument from thermoregulation isn't a great one. If scales aren't significantly better than feathers for losing heat then the animal would have had a problem whether it had feathers or scales.

>>2156824
T rex's temporal and geographic ranges included large areas of desert as well as subtropical and temperate forests.
The thing lived from Mexico to Canada.
>>2156818
they're proven to have quills which are assumed to be descended from feathers.
>>
>>2156858
>As of yet there is no evidence to suggest Tyrannosaurus rex had feathers beyond the fact a small relative did
I agree.
I also would point out that the relatives with feathers (2 of them, one very large) may not be related at all.
>>2156887
>on its whole body? I dont think this is a know fact
knowing they didn't have feathers on a portion of their body is better evidence than the fact that no feathers are known from any part of their body. Or from any of the bodies of their closest relatives. We have skin from most of the Tyrannosaurids, none of them is known to have feathers. All are known to have scales
>>
File: lizardBgone.jpg (78KB, 636x671px) Image search: [Google]
lizardBgone.jpg
78KB, 636x671px
>>2156809
>There are also a lot of desert animals with scales, too
true, but they aren't warm-blooded animals that weigh several tons.
>>
>>2156905
>would have had a problem whether it had feathers or scales
It had at least one of those and it was alive for a long period of time, so yeah it either didnt have serious problems with thermoregulation or we have a wrong picture of the climate it lived in.

>>2156910
kek at your pic

But I dont see your point. The trex had scales, was several tons heavy, warm-blooded and probably lived in a climate that called for heat regulation wether than insulation. Having scales doesnt necessarily mean you are going to have heat death
>>
please dont rape my childhood
>>
File: tired-of-writing.gif (142KB, 1471x1472px) Image search: [Google]
tired-of-writing.gif
142KB, 1471x1472px
>>2156921
>my childhood
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>2157019
the childhood of some people isnt just a meme and I'm also not entirely serious
>>
>>2156858
>plus, if tyrannosaurus was covered in feathers, how the fuck would it groom itself?
This is why no large herbivorous mammal on the planet has fur, because they can't groom themselves.

Preening is only important if you are flying, or need the feathers to be waterproof or whatever.
>>
The t-rex came near to water to fight the spinosaursus , but the dakosaurus already ate it.
>>
>>2156917
>But I dont see your point.
just that scales would be less effective than bare skin for cooling off, so perhaps thermoregulation wasn't that big of a problem. It would take a long time for an animal that big to cool off, but that works in reverse too. It would take a long time to heat up in the morning. Perhaps it was so large it took longer than a day to heat or cool, so everything averaged out. Gigantothermy they call it.
>>2157098
he's got a point sort of from an evolutionary standpoint. Since birds do have to preen flight feathers and we know birds evolved close to 100,000,000 years before Tyrannosaurus.

so presumably preening and preen glands were a thing WAY before T. rex existed.
>>
>>2157098
that really cant be the reason considering the huge mammals with fur that once existed
>>
File: stegosaurus-nicholls.jpg (149KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
stegosaurus-nicholls.jpg
149KB, 700x392px
>>2157127
>Perhaps it was so large it took longer than a day to heat or cool, so everything averaged out. Gigantothermy they call it
thats interesting, never thought of it this way.
But wouldnt that make rex a little vulnerable if he had a particular cold night or something?

I would also like to bring up the bony plates of the Stegosaurus.
Heat regulators or pussy magnets?
>>
>>2157135
>wouldnt that make rex a little vulnerable if he had a particular cold night or something?
apparently not, they managed to survive just fine. But if you had a comet slam into the planet and blot out the sun so you had weeks or maybe months of cold nights... that would be a problem.

>Heat regulators or pussy magnets?
Well we have one example with an Allosaurus bite taken out of it, so it might have been armor to defend from something trying to snap your spine from above.

It's got a lot of blood vessels to be just armor though. Hard to say.
>>
>>2157141
>apparently not, they managed to survive just fine
well, duh. So we are sure about how the t-rex handled his body heat, or what?

>It's got a lot of blood vessels to be just armor though. Hard to say.
I like to think of them as a cross between deer antlers and elephant ears. Defense, making the animal look bigger, sexual feature and cooling device
>>
>>2155152
first off its a movie

2ndly you have to remember the animals of JP aren't 100% dinosaurs so much as mad science experiments and many of the animals show in 3 were very well likely experimental animals never ment for park release.
>large aggressive pterodactyls with teeth that were hunting humans
>that much smarter subspecies of Raptor
>the lone Spinosaurus which was shown to hunt for T-rexs in its territory and had the intelligence to use its arms to help snap animals necks

Its very well likely the Spino was cooked up in a lab just to see what they'd made, possibly thinking it was Baryonyx and after shit went down was left to its own devices before they ever figured out what they made.
Only thing thats certain is its survived being the lone dinosaur of its kind on an island full of T-rexs and raptors among other carnivores and not only survived but carved out a large chunk of territory for itself that most other carnivores tried to avoid
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2593x2476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2593x2476px
Scales on wouldn't cover its entire body just its legs and feet this is true with every dinosaur
>>
File: 1413522656917.jpg (59KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
1413522656917.jpg
59KB, 640x399px
>>2157182
>Scales on wouldn't cover its entire body just its legs and feet this is true with every dinosaur
kek

where do you come up with this shit, man?
do you like smoke a bowl and drink of fifth of jack and think to yourself,
>I'm going on /an/ to make shit up and post it!
>nobody can stop me!
>>
File: BrachioFullWeb.jpg (602KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
BrachioFullWeb.jpg
602KB, 900x680px
What about soft tissue features like that? Is the trunk hypothesis for certain Sauropoda still a thing?
>>
>>2157185
Is that an example or reaction?
>>
>>
File: lory_saurs_by_sandara-d8kd71i.jpg (403KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
lory_saurs_by_sandara-d8kd71i.jpg
403KB, 1000x635px
Just bird my shit up
>>
>>2157189
>Is the trunk hypothesis for certain Sauropoda still a thing?
no.

It never really was. It just gets dragged out sometimes to entice the public with the unknowns. Similar to the scavenger rex hypothesis.

neither idea has ever been formally published in the scientific literature afaik. Actually a lot of the things the public "knows" about dinosaurs isn't actually science.
>>
>>
File: chunky_spino_by_arvalis-d7z799f.jpg (123KB, 1171x683px) Image search: [Google]
chunky_spino_by_arvalis-d7z799f.jpg
123KB, 1171x683px
>>2157195
Yeah, I always laughed at that one.

Just asking because I know how stubborn some scientists are when it comes to their favorite dinosaure hypothesis
>>
File: image.jpg (428KB, 1400x1101px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428KB, 1400x1101px
I remember when people used to debate whether or not raptors had feathers and now we know that every raptor had feathers and it with be no different for the T Rex and co
>>
>>2157205
well thats just a non sequitur
>>
>>
>>2157198
I think the trunk thing was actually invented by artists, not scientists. It's attributed to "one artist" in a book I have from 1980.

I don't think scientists ever seriously considered it because sauropods lack a foramen for the facial nerve in the face, and they don't show the enlargement of the nerve exit in the braincase that's seen in elephants and other animals with large, mobile face parts.

>http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/03/20/junk-in-the-trunk/
>>
File: Macronaria_scrubbed_enh.jpg (144KB, 1000x582px) Image search: [Google]
Macronaria_scrubbed_enh.jpg
144KB, 1000x582px
>>2157211
Thats pretty much why I always laughed about it. Having a very long neck and a long trunk would also look extremely retarded and like nothing evolution would "produce"
>>
File: Yutyrannosaurus-landscape-600.jpg (105KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
Yutyrannosaurus-landscape-600.jpg
105KB, 600x324px
>>2157214
for sure.
why waste all that time and energy growing a huge neck if you could use a trunk instead?
redundant.
>>
File: 8sazjTA.jpg (64KB, 1133x705px) Image search: [Google]
8sazjTA.jpg
64KB, 1133x705px
>>
>>2156921
Looks more like an alien.
>>
>>2156921
More like this
>>
File: welp.jpg (101KB, 1280x624px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
101KB, 1280x624px
>>
>>2154646
the human
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 1000x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 1000x853px
LOL @ people who think a T Rex was a Dinosaur, it was clearly an ancient lizard that had scales covering its whole body(something dinosaurs cannot have) even its name means "tyrant LIZARD king"
>>
File: image.jpg (239KB, 650x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239KB, 650x446px
>>2155544
>>2155611
You idiot those arent scales, scales have a pattern(like in pic). That is clearly wrinkled skin
>>
File: image.jpg (420KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420KB, 1300x1300px
>>2157411
Looks a lot more like rhinos skin or the skin a chickens neck
>>
>>2154646
T-Rex with no doubt, Spinosaurus is a fgt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKmFo1UOIgo
>>
>>2157411
>>2157413
oh my gosh!
you are so right!
I can't believe I didn't think of that when I called them scales!

kek

fyi, they've been viewed and described as scales by at least 5 dinosaur paleontologists in 3 different scientific papers now. You're welcome to write them all and ask them if they've ever heard of "wrinkled skin."

I'm pretty sure they'll laugh at you like I did.
>>
>>2157514
not an argument
>>
>>2157516
I'm not arguing.

I'm mocking.

If you want an argument (and some more mocking) publish your opinion in a journal of science. You might want to actually examine the fossils first.
>>
>>2157526
>I'm not arguing
yeah, thats what I thought my dear shitposter
>>
>>2157534
hit a nerve, huh?

it bothers you that when you disagree with the experts the world believes the experts, not you.

but if you took the time to become an expert you wouldn't disagree with them anymore.

anyways, my argument is that you have no personal experience with the fossils, no education on dinosaur skin and scales, no education on skin and scales of any sort,

and

people that have those qualifications have repeatedly declared your opinion false.

and that's a good enough argument to both dismiss you and laugh at you for thinking you're qualified to disagree or that your disagreement matters in the slightest so long as the only place you can voice it is here.
>>
>>2157534
In short, Dr. Larson says they're scales, and the only way you can change that is by getting a PhD of your own and publishing a paper disagreeing with his opinion and then having your view widely accepted in the paleontological community.

get to work.
>>
>>2157539
nice appeal to authority
nice ad hominem
>>
>>2157547
those are both types of argument.

I thought you said it wasn't an argument?

But you'll notice I have not once personally claimed those are scales.

I merely mocked you for disagreeing with scientists who have studied the subject and have actually seen the fossils when you have done neither.
>>
>>2157550
I dont consider logical fallacies actual arguments.
I dont think anyone should blindly parrot the opinion of someone else,
You can mock that all you want
>>
>>2157557
lol what a fag
>>
>>2157558
as predicted

very convincing
>>
>>2157557
>I dont consider logical fallacies actual arguments
then you haven't taken first year college Introduction to Logic.
They are arguments.
I wasn't making an argument.
>I dont think anyone should blindly parrot the opinion of someone else
Well unless anyone in this thread is a professional paleontologist that studies Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus, that's all you're going to get. And I suspect most here will likely parrot the opinions of scientists rather than accept the original opinions of NEETs.

It's sad, I know. Your genius simply isn't recognized.
>>
>>2157557
But to be fair my first thought when I saw the pics was the same as yours. It looks like wrinkled skin.

But then rather than assuming I know more than a gaggle of doctors of paleontology, I did some reading on the subject. I don't expect you to do the same though.
I'm just a little bit deeper than you, you know?
>>
File: 3386249062_c991b03012_z.jpg (203KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
3386249062_c991b03012_z.jpg
203KB, 640x568px
>>2157411
Those are lizard scales, not even crocodilian.
>>2157413
No, not really either.

The tyrannosaur skin impressions look more like bird scales, as seen on the foot of emus
>>2155544
>>2155611
>>
File: 537388285_9a528ea1e0_z.jpg (131KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
537388285_9a528ea1e0_z.jpg
131KB, 500x375px
>>2157618
Back view of emu leg
>>
File: large.jpg (313KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
313KB, 640x482px
>>2157618
>>2157623
Even a cassowary's foot escapes are more identical to tyrannosaurus skin impressions.
>>
>>2157595
>They are arguments
fair enough. But they are mostly shitty arguments that dont really make a point

like:
> the original opinions of NEETs.
It is just an ad hominem. It is even based on stupid assumptions. Maybe you are the one who needs to go to college, if you dont know why this is faulty logic

For all intenses and purposes this is a non-argument, entirely unrelated to the subject being discussed
>>
>>2157601
>assuming I didnt read on the subject

cool, nice point again
>>
>>2157626
Holy shit. For a second I really thought that was a mummified baby t-rex foot, because of how perfectly those scales match the. impressions
>>
>>2157618
correct.

Larson compared them to the scales on an emu leg. Which are technically non-overlapping scutes, what he and others call "mosaic scales."

this is the most common form of scale found in dinosaurs, the second most common is the larger osteoderm or scute found in armored dinosaurs and some theropods.

>>2157628
>assuming I didnt read on the subject
very much so. If you had you'd come across a couple papers discussing that very complaint.
>>
>>2157627
ad homs and appeals to authority are arguments, but I didn't make any arguments.

If I had said,
>T. rex had scales because Larson said so,
or
>T. rex had scales because you're an ignorant fry cook,
those would be faulty arguments.

However I didn't personally claim the animal had scales based on my own experience and expertise.

I referred you repeatedly to the people that did so you can argue with them about it. I personally have never examined the fossils and am no expert on dinosaur scales. Just like you from the looks of it.
>>
>>2157661
The skin impressions look more like the mosaic scales from a cassowary's foot>2157626
Hell, even more like an emu's foot
>>2157618
>>2157623
Either way, tyrannosaurus having scales id definitely more evident and rooted in fact than most other dinosaurs.
>>
>>2157650
>If you had you'd come across a couple papers discussing that very complaint
assuming I didnt

>>2157661
>I know shit about it, but I mock people anyway
>>
File: emu.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
emu.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
>>2157679
>The skin impressions look more like the mosaic scales from a cassowary's foot
You are correct.
My mistake.
He compared them to an emu's foot, not leg.

https://twitter.com/petelarsontrex/status/515129719831154688
>>
>>2157681
>I know shit about it, but I mock people anyway
I find your hubris and lack of insight amusing.

like when my kid tries to tell my auto mechanic how to fix a truck.

it's cute, and it's funny. But it's not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>2157689
>I personally have never examined the fossils and am no expert on dinosaur scales
You are the kid in this analogy. cute and funny indeed
>>
>>2157700
one of us has read the papers regarding this and similar finds.

the other is so deluded they initially thought *I* was the one claiming they were scales.

which is funny to me. You come into a conversation with 0 knowledge and talk some shit you pulled out of your ass and I laugh at you. It's fine.
>>
>Saturday
>Sunday
>Monday
>Tuesday
>Wednesday (6pm)

Yeah it's still here.

Why is it still here?

How much attention has this thread diverted from real board posts?
Replies: 166
Oh.
>>
File: 1334010540766.jpg (45KB, 496x446px) Image search: [Google]
1334010540766.jpg
45KB, 496x446px
>>2157741
>real board posts
>>
Why are dinosaur threads so cancerous?
>>
>>2157707
>one of us has read the papers regarding this and similar finds
If you werent lying, I'm pretty sure both of us have read them

>the other is so deluded they initially thought *I* was the one claiming they were scales
So what is it. Do you think they are scales or not? You do have an opinion, right? Of course I dont think you wrote a paper or made any findings and I never said anything like that.

>You come into a conversation with 0 knowledge
Thats not true. Please talk for yourself. Oh, you did already...
>I personally have never examined the fossils and am no expert on dinosaur scales

You keep making baseless assumptions about my person. I dont know if this makes you feel better about yourself, but it just seems like you are running out of real points to make so you resent to shitposting instead of having an actual discussion.
>>
>>2157752
a lethal combination of

a: people who don't want to accept facts, and
b: people who are all to eager to push unproven ideas as fact
>>
>>2157756
>You do have an opinion, right?
why would I have an opinion?

I'm just laughing at you for thinking you're qualified to have one.

even though your opinion disagrees with the experts and you obviously don't know anything about the topic you have an opinion on.

that's funny right there.
NOW HERE THIS
AN IDIOT HAS AN OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT
NEWS AT 4

/4chan
>>
File: monolophosaurus.jpg (104KB, 900x613px) Image search: [Google]
monolophosaurus.jpg
104KB, 900x613px
Scientifically speaking, what is the cutest dinosaur?
>>
>>2156164
Do you think megatherium was bald or furry?
>>
>>2157762
>he keeps making baseless asumptions
ok fine. I just wanted to talk about dinosaurs and dont think scepticism is a bad thing
Have fun shitposting
>>
>>2157762
>even though your opinion disagrees with the experts
People like you probably firmly believed in the "cosmic aether" back in the day
>>
File: original (6).jpg (218KB, 1075x1600px) Image search: [Google]
original (6).jpg
218KB, 1075x1600px
>>2157765
And how does a t-rex hug feel?
>>
File: dunning kruger.png (56KB, 599x305px) Image search: [Google]
dunning kruger.png
56KB, 599x305px
>>2157805
Yes, I'm sure your completely uneducated examination of thumbnail size pictures has yielded astonishing new scientific findings somehow missed by all the PhD's that have actually looked at the thing.
>>
>>2157812
Physically not all that great, but emotionally I bet it's wonderful. Forgetting to be self-conscious about it's stubby little arms for a moment because it's so caught up in the moment trying to hug you.
>>
>>2157148
>Defense, making the animal look bigger, sexual feature and cooling device
makes sense to me.
there's no reason it has to do just one thing.
>>
How did the topic here turn from "who will win in a fight" to whether dinosaurs had feathers, scales, or both.
>>
File: thwetrddyh.jpg (6KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
thwetrddyh.jpg
6KB, 300x250px
I'm not too sure.

But the answer is all dinosaurs had both scales and feathers, like modern birds.
>>
>>2157882
all dinosaur threads here follow that track.

it's literally the only thing /an/ knows about dinosaurs.
>>
File: IGmUhIc.png (868KB, 2535x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IGmUhIc.png
868KB, 2535x1180px
Either way, dinosaurs are amazing with or without feathers.
>>
>>2157825
>your completely uneducated examination of thumbnail size pictures
what?
still making baseless asumptions and pointless personal attacks. Your off-topic post are really a blast. Suddenly /sci/ looks like a much better board
>>
>>2157832
Hey, and his arms are pretty much the same size as human arms. Maybe it is a little bit like hugging your grandpa
>>
File: dis.jpg (203KB, 1215x683px) Image search: [Google]
dis.jpg
203KB, 1215x683px
>KRREEEEONK

So, do we have any idea how dinosaurs sounded like?
>>
>>2157933
the personal attacks have a point.

every time you say something stupid and wrong while calling someone else an idiot in the same sentence I'm going to spend days shitting on your ignorant face.

fuck off to /sci/, don't think I haven't seen you shitposting there too.
>>
>>2158053
Please read a book or just keep lurking mate. You already admitted yourself that you dont know shit about the topic and all your post so far were total shitposts.
>hurr u dumb
>>
>>2158061
I don't know shit and I know a thousand times more than you do.

you thought I was the one claiming the scales were scales. Then you pretend to have read the work of the people that actually did make the claim?

I don't even need to say it, I already know you feel stupid.
>>
>>2158066
>you thought I was the one claiming the scales were scales
I didnt. please improve your reading comprehension

>Then you pretend to have read the work of the people that actually did make the claim?
baseless assumption again

You are running in circles. Can you say something with substance or are you going to repeat your shitty "points" over and over again?

I'm sorry if it upsets you that much when some people dare to question something. You act like there is a consensus on everything in the scientific community.
>>
>>2158074
I assume you like the abuse, you keep coming back for more.

One more then before I go to bed:
>WAAAAH I call everyone idiots and retards and nobody will have a discussion with me!!

now really, I have to go. I'll be back to abuse you some more in a few hours.
>>
>>2158089
(You)
>>
>>2158066
>>2158074
>>2158089

what the fuck are you people even arguing about
>you thought I was the one claiming the scales were scales
>>
>>2158101
Don't know man. When I look through the thread it seems like some people are way to connected to the way Jurassic Park portrayed the T.Rex and really want their dinos to be scaly not matter what.
>>
File: image.jpg (347KB, 1123x1075px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347KB, 1123x1075px
Science "ruined" saber tooth tigers too. Are you idiots going to argue against this as well, because you liked iced age?
>>
>>2158181
>tigers
>>
>>2158185
Cats*
Happy?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 450x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 450x309px
I'm more interested in what the spino was really like
>>
>>2158181
he looks kind of sad that way

>let me go extinct in my sleep already
>>
>>2158193
He was actually kind the quite guy in his private life
>>
File: hoo boy.jpg (58KB, 1500x1374px) Image search: [Google]
hoo boy.jpg
58KB, 1500x1374px
>>2157686
So they're very likely to be reticulae?
You know what reticulae are, right?
>>
File: Spinosaurus.jpg (54KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
Spinosaurus.jpg
54KB, 325x325px
>>2157618
>>2157623
>>2157626
Psst, hey, you know what bird scales are, right?
>>
File: 1441769754292.jpg (110KB, 938x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1441769754292.jpg
110KB, 938x1500px
>>2158206
no no no
stop
It's already autistic enough in here, lets not bring semantics up in this bitch.
>>
>>2158210
>semantics
What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm bringing Evo/Devo into this.
>>
>>2158211
Semantics is the study of meaning. It focuses on the relationship between signifiers—like words, phrases, signs, and symbols—and what they stand for, their denotation.
>>
>>2158232
Yeah, I'm talking about how reticulata, the small tuberculate scales on the feet of modern birds, are developmentally-stunted feathers.

Bird scales are feathers that have been halted at an early stage in development. If T. rex did possess reticulata, then it was descended from feathered ancestors and would therefore most likely possess feathers on other regions of its body.
>>
>>2158240
>Bird scales are feathers
thats exactly the kind of semantic nitpicking I was afraid of, but yeah
>>
>>2158247
That's not fucking semantics, you nitwit.

Semantics would be arguing about whether Godzilla's back-ornamentation should be referred to as "plates" or "scutes"
>>
>>2158248
>bird scales or feathers

And now you even want to have a semantic argument about the word "semantics".

NOPE
at least not with me. I know what it means, thanks
>>
File: e37.png (24KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
e37.png
24KB, 425x404px
>>2155644
>>
Why does this thing have 200 replies

THERES A FUCKING MOVIE ABOUT IT

Spino wins
>>
>>2158325
because Jurassic Parks 2-4 adhere to scientific accuracy about as well as a week-old sticker to a teenager's forehead.
>>
>>2158240
>If T. rex did possess reticulata, then it was descended from feathered ancestors and would therefore most likely possess feathers on other regions of its body.
which would be a terribly exciting discovery considering there's no body fossil evidence for feathers in Tyrannosaurus or any tyrannosaurid, and it would be published with a great deal of fanfare.

alas, reticulata are just as absent as feathers. Which doesn't necessarily mean rex didn't have fluffy ancestors, just that if that's the case the loss was complete.
>>
>>2158325
Because talking about dinosaurs is fun you dumb cunt.
>>
File: cassowary_feet_by_faolruadh.jpg (400KB, 900x567px) Image search: [Google]
cassowary_feet_by_faolruadh.jpg
400KB, 900x567px
>>2158206
Well for starters, they are indeed scales. Not soft skin.

But bird scales differ from those of reptiles because they are made from the same materials as feathers (karatin, rather than callused skin or even bone). In essence, they are somewhat like modified feathers.
>>
>>2158538
it's spelled keratin and reptile scales are most certainly made out of it. shut your stupid fucking mouth
>>
>>2158544
that poor faggot gets so much abuse.
>>
>>2158544
Huh? So that what is really the significant difference between reptilian and bird scales?

From what you are saying, it would seem feathers evolved from scales not scales evolved from feathers.
>>
File: Harpia_harpyja_001_800.jpg (151KB, 800x870px) Image search: [Google]
Harpia_harpyja_001_800.jpg
151KB, 800x870px
>>2158298
Feathers do not mean weak, as some people seem to be implying in this versus thread.
>>
>>2155612
Woah wait that's skin on the neck? I thought it was feathers.
>>
>>2158575
a few years ago, national geographic had a nice write up about feather evolution. If you could find it, it would likely make this information more digestible than anything someone will post on /an/.
>>
>>2157214
Evolution could not produce anything because all these animals were made by God
>>
>>2158575
reptiles use a different type of keratin in their scales than birds do.

so what you said was essentially correct. Bird scales are now thought to have independently evolved after being lost once.

feathers did evolve from scales and bird scales did evolve from feathers. Both can happen, perhaps even several times over and over.
>>
>>2158604
Looks like its the same.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-keratin
>>
>>2158604
> Phylogenetic studies of β-keratin sequences show that feather β-keratins evolved from scale β-keratins.[3] The scale β-keratins form the basal group in avians. Duplication and divergence events then led to claw β-keratin genes, and further recombination resulted in new feather and feather-like avian β-keratin genes. Evidence for these duplication events comes from the correlation of feather β-keratin clade structure with their genomic loci.[4]

they're all types of beta keratin, but there are specific different types for scales and feathers. These are commonly called feather keratin or scale keratin.
>>
>>2158613
meant as a response to
>>2158611
>>
>>2158181
>implying Duane Naish's poorly written ramblings constitute anything resembling scientific consensus.
>>
>>2158644
I think you're mixing up Duane Nash and Darren Naish.

I think most paleontologists agree with the T. rex and saber-tooth lips though. I mean, it's a pretty good point. Enameled teeth on terrestrial animals are generally covered to keep them from drying out and shattering.
>>
>>2158650
Duane Nash of Antediluvian Salad (I misspelled the last name, my mistake) is the one who is currently harping on lippy Smilodon. I'm not opposed to the idea but Duane has a tendency to go off on a tangent and grasp at straws. I like his ideas but I won't seriously entertain them until I see actual publications with a bit of credibility back them up.
>>
>>2158660
Oh, I don't think that was his idea. It was published here in 1998:

>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1096-3642.1998.tb00582.x/abstract

the whole T. rex lips thing brought it back up again is all.
>>
>>2158666
Interesting. I cannot read the paper. but perhaps you can. The abstract doesn't really talk all that much about the lippiness of the animal.
>>
File: Picture 13.png (234KB, 775x807px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 13.png
234KB, 775x807px
>>2158679
I don't read Nash's stuff, but it looks like he took pictures directly from that paper for his blog? art? whatever it is he does.

here's one from the author of the 1998 paper, as credited by Nash.
>>
>>2158679
>I cannot read the paper.
I can't either on my home computer. I could probably request it free from JSTOR but I don't have time to post it or even read it atm.
>>
>>2158687
Understandable. Paywalls are the devil and all of that shit.

That picture is of a homotherium, a felid with much smaller canid teeth (though still large by our standards).
>>
>>2158692
>canid
*canine, my bad
>>
>>2155534
Adults had no feathers.
>>
File: Alligator_foot_detail.jpg (2MB, 2324x1660px) Image search: [Google]
Alligator_foot_detail.jpg
2MB, 2324x1660px
>>2158604
Suddenly, I no longer think that was the case. We know dinosaurs evolved from archosaur reptiles.

I just assumed the scales on birds are actually somewhat like modified feathers because they are made from the same base material. However, as even >>2158611 they are practically the same as those found on crocodilian.

Really, looking at a gator's foot, it would appear bird scales are actually a derivative of this.
>>2157618
>>2157623
>>2157626
But dinosaurs simply had genes to turn scales into feathers.

Meaning they likely never lost their scales, but rather evolved way to adapt or diversity them.
>>
File: 5422928.jpg (98KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
5422928.jpg
98KB, 768x576px
>>2158768
Croc foot
>>
>>2158770
Sorry, that was an American gator foot
http://www.forestryimages.org/browse/detail.cfm?imgnum=5422928
>>
>>2158538
>>2158768
Shit dude. I think you just out smarted the experts.
>>
>>2158768
what we know is that alligator embryos express a gene to produce feather keratin which is then shut off before birth, indicating that feather keratin was basal in archosaurs.

however that feather keratin appears in scales in alligator embryos, and the vast majority of dinosaurs are known from scaled skin rather than feathered. So we can guess fairly reliably that dinosaurs had scales containing feather keratin, rather than feathers to begin with.

which indicates that feathers evolved from scales that contained feather keratin.

however from genetic studies the current view is that bird scales are not homologous to the basal archosaur scales, the modern bird scales are composed almost entirely of feather keratin.

meaning bird scales probably evolved from feathers.

so we have a case of scales evolving to feathers and then some of those feathers turning back into scales.
>>
>>2158768
>>2158813
Fuzzy feathers may very well be basal to archosaurs as a whole, though. Pterosaurs are believed to have been fuzzy skinned, crocodiles seem to posses feather making genes, even a non-theropod dinosaur, Kulindadromeus (more closely related to ceratopsians) had feathers.
>>
>>2158823
>Fuzzy feathers may very well be basal to archosaurs as a whole, though.
perhaps.

the most recent study on the subject found they aren't though. It's possible that that study will be overturned in time as more feather fossils show up.
>>
>>2158831
the more recent studies found that the vast majority of dinosaurs didn't have feathers. We're still missing large gaps in the fossil record in regards to this stuff
>>
>>2158981
>the more recent studies found that the vast majority of dinosaurs didn't have feathers.
yep. This implies that feathers aren't basal in dinosaurs and that the ones on Kulindadromeus aren't related to the ones on theropods.
>We're still missing large gaps in the fossil record in regards to this stuff
Correct.

that's what science does, it takes the little bit of information we know and extrapolates it to try to fill in the gaps. If we didn't have gaps in the record this stuff would just be facts, not science.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>2158583
Feathers do not imply weakness, many birds have very strong jaws, legs and wings however it does mean whatever has feathers has soft skin.
>>
>>2155606
Certainly there's no evolutionary advantage for a giant fucking dinosaur which hunts gigantic fucking prey to have thick skin.
>>
>>2159751
Don't ostriches have tough skin? Or is it just the leather that's made from it that is tough?
>>
>>2158583

Haast's Eagle is best bird.
>>
File: OUeCMGk2.jpg (3MB, 6594x3326px) Image search: [Google]
OUeCMGk2.jpg
3MB, 6594x3326px
>>2159064
What I find curious is that if feathers and filaments in general aren't basal to archosaurs, it means that they independently evolved at least 3 separate times. Feathers, pycnofibres and whatever you'd call the ornithischian stuff.
>>
>>2159995
once you see that losing fluff is just as difficult as gaining it, you'll notice that evolving it three times is way more likely than losing it hundreds of different times.

Once that's understood you'll also see why scales in tyrannosaurids are good evidence that they aren't related to their supposed feathery ancestors. Which is more likely, that they lost all trace of feathers, or that they never had them in the first place? Mathematically one is considerably more likely than the other.
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1440x2031px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1440x2031px
>>2160000
Nice 60000

But they are related to they're feathered ancestors, there's too many similarities to deny it
>>
File: 1623163810_719bc162ce_z.jpg (81KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
1623163810_719bc162ce_z.jpg
81KB, 640x431px
>>2159751
Not necessarily.

Now, by "sort-skin", I assume you mainly mean bare or smooth, right? As in, without scales.

The skin on most modern birds seem to actually be specialized to be as light as possible, to most likely be more efficient at flight. In fact their skin is so thin that you can almost effortlessly slaughter them with your hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGogCa9Pvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0VQaGzU_s
The only reason why modern birds are even called AVIAN-dinosaurs is because all modern birds seem to have evolved from a flight-based ancestor.

However, larger terrestrial birds like ostriches seem to have tougher skin in comparison.
Bare skin can also be thick, which was likely the case for large dinosaurs. Though even the skin of a modern ostrich is likely thinner than the average non-avian dinosaur of similar size; likely because ostriches too evolved from an avian ancestor some time ago.

Finally, feathers actually can exist in between feathers. Meaning even a coat on say, a tyrannosaurus or allosaurus could be at least somewhat scaly from within the coat. This of course could mean there could be fuzz in between the scaliest parts of their bodies as well.
Image based on an owl's foot.
>>
File: dinosaur-sign-11921107.jpg (113KB, 1256x1300px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur-sign-11921107.jpg
113KB, 1256x1300px
Can everyone please get back to talking about who would win?

Chances are all dinosaurs were both scaly and feather, not just one or the other.
>>
>>2160066
That's because the conclusion is pretty much unanimous. T-rex would almost guarantee win, unless it went for a swim. In that case, the spino can drown it.
>>
File: noyoutyrannus.jpg (79KB, 830x540px) Image search: [Google]
noyoutyrannus.jpg
79KB, 830x540px
>>2160036
>there's too many similarities to deny it
all those 'similarities' are also found in unrelated theropods.

And as I have posted here before, Tyrannosaur scientists are on record lying about those 'similarities.'
>>
>>2154646

The little human
>>
File: RPG7-(replica).jpg (340KB, 3965x2240px) Image search: [Google]
RPG7-(replica).jpg
340KB, 3965x2240px
>>2160332
He does not appear to have at least a large riffle.

There is no way he could win with a handgun or even a large knife against either of these two killer behemoths.
>>
>>2154646
8 FUCKING DAYS.
SERIOUSLY, TIME TO DIE.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 2132x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 2132x820px
The Spino delt with bigger theropods so it would probably win
>>
>>2160348
The mods on this board are about as extinct as the dinosaurs were discussing
>>
File: carcharodontosaurus-skull.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
carcharodontosaurus-skull.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
>>2160489
Carcharodontosaurus was the only other theropod in its environment that was arguably larger than tyrannosaurus. To be more exact, it was roughly the same size as a tyrannosaurus, but not as robust, smart or equipped with such an overkill set of jaws.

There is also no real evidence that spinosaurus won against carcharodontosaurus . In fact, due to their very different niches, they likely almost never fought.
But I would imagine the dynamic would be similar to 'spino vs t-rex.' As is, carcharo would most likely win, unless it went for a swim...
>>
File: I tell you.jpg (25KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
I tell you.jpg
25KB, 400x372px
>>2160344
>large knife
stab em in tha pooper
>>
>>2154646
The nazi's (obviously)
>>
>>2160510
Carcharodontosaurus might have also lived and hunted in gangs. Their gangs were likely 3-5 adults at most due to each requiring a lot of food just to survive. Lets not forget that they likely had offspring to feed.
Just remember that their gang theory is mostly speculative and more based on older distant relatives.

Tyrannosaurus was likely solitary, to possibly a family group animal. in terms of living and hunting. As in tyrannosaurus might have hunted in mate pairs or even with their own juvenile offspring .

Spinosaurus was almost certainly solitary to possibly a pair bonding animal. It might have pair boned, but really had no reason to hunt with assistance.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 600x300px
>>2160528
Spinosaurus relationship with its mates and other animals is relatively unknown. It lived alongside huge crocodiles and could have lived with them the same way hippos do. It could have also lived In big groups like crocodiles. Solitary might be the most likely though since we've found so few bones of it
>>
>>2160528
The T. rex probably mated for life like eagles and other birds
>>
>>2160535
Considering how spinosaurus was designed, the way it lived was probably more similar to a heron and perhaps even an otter. But with MUCH bigger fish.

Its relationship to crocs however was probably more like a hippo's. As in, they for the most part ignored each other. But the crocs were likely more frightful of a spinosaurus due to its greater size and added perception of size via sail.

Based on the diet of spinosaurus, it likely did not need to live or hunt in any form of group. Sarcosuchus more likely went extinct shortly before spinosaurus truly existed, meaning spinosaurus was -as of now- the official top tier fish eater of its time. All other crocs in the time would have been much smaller.
It is even possible that a single mother could be all the chicks needed, similar to modern ducks. But perhaps there needed to be at least one parent near by to protect the offspring while the other search for food.
>>
File: 1234325435434254.jpg (199KB, 1198x727px) Image search: [Google]
1234325435434254.jpg
199KB, 1198x727px
>>2160510
>But I would imagine the dynamic would be similar to 'spino vs t-rex.' As is, carcharo would most likely win, unless it went for a swim...
In a similar way, tyrannosaurus versus carcharodontosaurus would have a somewhat similar outcome as "t-rex vs spino"
>>2155152
>>2155156
>>2155137
>>2155210
>>2155228
With carcharodontosaurus only real advantage over tyrannosaurus being a very slight difference in size, it stands very little chance in a one-on-one match.
>>
>>2160619
Though sarcosuchus more likely did not actually exist with spinosaurus, there was perhaps another giant crocodilian that almost certainly did. Unfortunately, it is unofficially announced. It might even be a sarcosuchus.

Still. this crocodilian specimen is not as large as we currently believe sarcosuchus official specimen's estimate of size.

Oh, and here is the description,from left to right:
-Bahariasaurus ingens, a 12.5m, ~7-tonne tyrannosauroid (yes, I said tyrannosauroid);
-Carcharodontosaurus saharicus, a 13.9m, 9.5-tonne carcharodontosaurid;
-An unnamed 8.9m, likely 2-3-tonne abelisaurid;
-An unnamed 13m, likely 5-8-tonne crocodylomorph;
-Spinosaurus aegyptiacus, a 15.6m, 10.8-tonne spinosaurid.
>>
>>2154646

The Human, in both cases.
>>
>>2160661
Spinosaurus had some dangerous neighbors. Granted they were not as vicious as a tyrannosaurus, they were still threatening.
>>
>>2160678
Though tyrannosaurus was the largest and most ferocious terrestrial predator of its time, they were far from 'worry free'. Based on their injuries and generally dying either before or shortly after maturity, they lived hard, likely fought amongst themselves often with lots of violence, and died young.
There is evidence that they were probably cannibalistic and might have even hunted each other.

Plus, their prey consisted of animals that could harm or even kill a tyrannosaurus, such as triceratops.
This guy explained it best in the bottom of his post>>2155077
>>
File: quetzalcoatlus-giraffe.jpg (187KB, 706x521px) Image search: [Google]
quetzalcoatlus-giraffe.jpg
187KB, 706x521px
>>2160683
The only animal missing is the giant quetzalcoatlus.
https://pterosaurheresies.wordpress.com/category/pterosaur-walking/
>>
>>2160688
Yes, but the title of the image is DINOSAURS of Hell Creek. Pterosaurs are NOT dinosaurs. Albeit pterosaurs are a close archosaur relative to dinosaurs, but are not TRUE dinosaurs themselves.
>>
>>2160661
>-Bahariasaurus ingens, a 12.5m, ~7-tonne tyrannosauroid (yes, I said tyrannosauroid);

this megaraptor wastebasket taxon meme needs to die
>>
>>2160655
I disagree on the charchrodontosaur fight, I think that it's more even than rex vs spino

I think it's more down to who gets the first bite and where.
>>
>>2160683
>giant Caegnathid

[citation needed]
>>
>>2160736
>this megaraptor wastebasket taxon meme needs to die
he's fine.
Tyrannosauroidea is a wastebasket taxon, it doesn't hurt any to stick poorly-known taxa in it.
>>
>>2160747
dinosaurs are usually found years before they're described. There's probably no citation. Someone found one but hasn't published a description yet.
>>
>>2160688
>pterosaurheresies
Jesus Christ, don't link that trash.
>>
File: image.gif (783KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
783KB, 250x150px
Why can't they just be friends):
>>
>>2160878
Not all of us are native English speakers. But English is the predominant language in the field that people would consider reading.
>>
File: 52092.jpg (11KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
52092.jpg
11KB, 180x192px
>>2160736
>>2160755
You mean one of the most studied groups among all dinosaurs...

If anything, the dinosaurian wastebasket is allosauroid because almost every large theropod was thrown that label especially back before more extensive research was established. Even both spinosaurus and tyrannosaurus were originally thought to possibly be part of the carnosaur main family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkqkxYGNZc
Megaraptoran coelurosaurs are a primitive derivative of dilong, as old-world-monkeys like mandrill are to primates in comparison to apes...

As more research and evidence come along, our views may change.
>>
This thread is interesting. Even the irrelevant parts about dinosaurs being feathered.
>>
>>2160744
Both were certainly large land based predators of roughly the same size. But tyrannosaurus was more robust, had superior precise vision, smarter, and equipped with overkill jaws. All a tyrannosaurus needed to deliver was one blow.

It would have simply been very unlikely for a carcharodontosaurus to kill a tyrannosaurus in a one-on-one fight.
>>
>>2155631
3 and 2 were equally shit in my eyes. Both were pop-pandering piles of trash with no creative enthusiasm and no technological leap to make them innovative.

World is the only other decent Jurassic movie, and even it is a piece of shit.
>>
>>2160893
Do you think World might spark an even better trilogy, or also just get shittier and simply pander out movies for profit?
>>
>>2160688
>David Peters
>EVER
Please die. Soon and horribly if it's not too much to ask.
>>
>>2160886
>You mean one of the most studied groups among all dinosaurs...
the two aren't mutually exclusive.
in fact it's the sheer amount of study that keeps people from seeing it. They can't see the forest for the trees.
Anyone that studies BOTH Tyrannosauroidea and Allosauroidea will quickly notice they're the same thing.

This isn't some sort of insult to your favorite pokemon, it's an actual problem in science that will one day be resolved. It's entirely possible Tyrannosaurus will be an allosauroid and a carnosaur again. More likely it will be retained in Tyrannosauroidea and most of the others, including Dilong, will be dumped somewhere else.
>>
>>2160962
What even are the major differences between carnosaurs and tyrannosaurs?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1096x553px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1096x553px
Will we ever know the truth about how sauropods looked?
>>
File: dino-walking-2.gif (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
dino-walking-2.gif
2MB, 720x405px
>>2160968
they're numerous.
Some of the traits used to distinguish Tyrannosauroidea from Allosauroidea are:
>Premaxillary teeth with a D-shaped basal cross section.
>Premaxillo-maxillary heterodonty.
>Pneumaticization of maxillary fenestra.
>Enlargement of the antorbital fossa.
>Presence of the jugal foramen.
>Abrupt angle of the occiput.
>Lateral projection of the paroccipital process of the exoccipital-opisthotic.
>Longer legs.
>Stiffened tail.
>Presence of the obturator notch.
>Enlargement of the pubic boot.
>Vertical ischial ridge.
>Fused metatarsus.
there's others I can't remember right off the top of my head.

The problem is that almost all of these "differences" are also present to varying degrees in Allosauroidea.
>>
>>2160976
depends on how the universe behaves.

If it turns out to be strictly deterministic, and as Douglas Adams suggest, all real pasts and futures may indeed be extrapolated from the state of a piece of fairy cake, then yes. We may be able to determine the truth of how sauropods actually looked at some point in the future.

This may in fact be the view of numerous physicists, but you'll find biologists are rarely so easily convinced having glimpse some of the complexity of life.

In truth neither of us is likely to live long enough to see the question answered since if physicists are correct it will likely be centuries before we have a solution and if biologists are correct we never will.

fossils are unlikely to shed much light on such a broad question. The odds of knowing what even one sauropod looked like are amazingly slim, let alone what each one looked like.
>>
>>2161536
I mean like, we at least have the general shape of them down. But there's so many questions about them, what did they do with they're necks?, where they thick or extremely thick?, etc...
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 400x290px
BUTT WHO WOULD WIN THO!?
>>
>>2156556
*Teleports behind Rex*
Pssh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>2161991
>6/25/16
>7/05/16

TIME TO STOP POSTING
>>
>>2161991
T. rex
>>
>>2160683
Wasn't there some theory that Big T was far more durable than we've estimated, being even able to recover from losing half of it's tail and still continue hunting by adjusting it's own posture to distribute the weight accordingly? Or is it all just bullshit?
I think I've even seen a documentary on this, but I fail to recall the name.
>>
>>2162430
99.9% of everything you 'know' about dinosaurs is bullshit.
>>
>>2162430
Did you know the spinosaurus could fly by wriggling its sail back and forth at amazing speeds? Natures amazing huh
>>
File: 1.jpg (26KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26KB, 400x275px
>>2161991
Think of it like this:
Who would win? The Eel or the Chicken?
You put a chicken in the water the Eel will kill it, but if you put the Eel in the chicken's barnyard habitat, the chicken will kick its skull in.
>>
>>2160890
except none of that means shit if whatever its fighting scores the big blow first.

Granted the T.rex is better equipped to do so. but that does not necessitate a win 100% of the time
>>
>>2163011
inb4 dimetrodon style flying spinosauruses
>>
>>2163014
A duck and a chicken or goose and a turkey would have been a better analogy
>>
Anyone here have a job or degree relating to Paleontology?
>>
>>2163281
sure, why?
>>
>>2163287
How did you get on the path for becoming a Paleontologist? I plan on going that education route in life.
>>
>>2163292
I was interested in dinosaurs as a kid. I got into trouble when I was 14 and was sent to live with my uncle on a sheep ranch in Utah near Jensen, where I found dinosaur bones that were later excavated by the ranch owner and donated to a local museum.

Later I joined the military and when I was discharged I had money in my GI bill but couldn't find a job. So instead of re-enlisting I went to school. I studied geology, which includes units on paleontology.

I worked in mining for a number of years making good money, and eventually went into environmental contracting where I quickly made enough to retire.

Finding myself with not much to do I decided to go back and get my masters in paleo. At the recommendation of a friend at the museum I did my masters in comparative vertebrate anatomy.

Aside from my two theses in paleontology I've co-authored a couple papers with the help of my mentor, and volunteered way too many hours in the back rooms of museums doing fossil prep. I've also worked changing alcohol in zoology collections. I've been on a couple digs and one screen-washing project.

I have since pretty much quit the pursuit aside from reading science, mostly in the winter time. I didn't find paying work in the discipline, there's not much work to be had.

I never really wanted to put in the hours required of the career academic, and it is a surprisingly competitive field, particularly in dinosaurs. Like biology in general it's relatively easy science with a low bar for entry and a ton of people that have always dreamed of doing it.
>>
>>2163292
About the only part that I found really challenging was memorizing thousands of anatomical terms, landmarks, features.

you learn anatomy like a medical doctor does. In fact you traditionally wind up teaching anatomy to med students for at least a semester.

If you've got a good head for memorizing, and the anatomy of animals actually interests you then you're good to go.

You'll meet relatively few people that can relate though.
>>
>>2163299
Thank you, I like to hear other people's experience so I can gain some knowledge on what pursuing Paleontology is like.
>>
>>2163303
You're welcome.
In a lot of ways it's just like any career in academia. Difficult to advance, difficult to find work, as much politics and ass-kissing as science. Who you know matters more than what you know. Who you blow as well I suppose.

You'd really have to love fossils to want to do it for a living, because the actual making money part can be pretty difficult.
>>
>>2163305
I've heard that finding a job and making money is a hard part in Paleo shit, but I'd probably take any job even remotely relating to it.
>>
>>2163306
Most of the actual work is done for free by volunteers and grad students seeking to boost their résumés. Ironically enough their volunteer work reduces the number of paying jobs which is what they're volunteering in hopes of getting. Which makes getting one even more competitive meaning you have to do more volunteer work.

true of most of zoology I suppose.
>>
>>2163307
>tl;dr: you'll likely spend the first half of your career working for free.
>>
>>2163180
In a one-on-one deathmatch, all of those attributes will inevitably play a factoring roll in which will MOST likely be the victor. This is just fight logic 101.

Sure carcharodontosaurus MIGHT defeat a tyrannosaurus in a one-on-one match, but it would defiantly not be as likely as viceversa.
When deciphering their attributes, had we had 50 one-on-one rounds between the two, the overall equated outcome would logically not be equal. Carcharodontosaurus just simply had nothing extreme on its side nor anything even equal to tyrannosaurus of any real fight advantage, outside of slight size difference. On the other hand, tyrannosaurus was more robust, had better precise vision, was without a doubt much smarter, and equipped with overkill jaws that would make short work of virtually any other dinosaur.
I would assume tyrannosaurus would win 80% of the matches, and that's me being generous.

All in all, in the most logical outcome, carcharodontosaurus would lose in a rather quick match.
>>
>>2163312
the size of the largest specimen isn't necessarily representative of either how large they got or how large they averaged.

nor did dinosaurs necessarily have a 'size' in the same way mammals and birds do. The gigantic ones probably never stopped growing as long as they were alive. They just slowed down once they reached reproductive age.
>>
>>2155631
Disagree
>>
>>2163312
>I would assume tyrannosaurus would win 80% of the matches, and that's me being generous.

To T.rex

70/30 sounds much more plausible
>>
>>2160058
I thought areas could only either be feathered or scaly.

So feathers can exist between scales and scales between feathers. So it is actually possible that even within a coat, it could be scaly.
>>
File: dinos34-32.jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
dinos34-32.jpg
19KB, 300x225px
>>2156905
O, well that's interesting.

I never heard of that. Can you link it.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 109

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.