[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like your dog pulling you along as you walk anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: images (33).jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (33).jpg
10KB, 384x384px
Why do you like your dog pulling you along as you walk anon?
>>
>>2154196
But my dog doesn't pull.
>>
>his dog pulls
Looks like someone has been shit at training.
>>
>implying my dog pulls

Nah man, but I do see a lot of this happening. I also see dogs on retractable leashes that are 7 or more feet away from their owners.
>>
File: IMG_20160624_134421.jpg (995KB, 1516x1516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_134421.jpg
995KB, 1516x1516px
I use a traditional harness for my dog that has a ring at the front so when we walk down the street its like a front leading harness although not intended for that, it works.

Its not too bad walking him on a collar but much better connecting him to the front of his harness. Connecting him to the back of his harness like OP and he is diabolical, I just use that connection for attatching his long line rope when we are out in wide open spaces training him on emergency stops and recall.
>>
For teaching, my dogs go for its own around the vecindare...
>>
>>2154301
I hate those so much, and it's almost always wildly unpleasant dogs at the end of them. Anyway, neither of my dogs pull. Loose leash walking was one of the first things I trained, after recall and wait.
>>
>>2154196
why are you such a pathetic frail puss op?
>>
>>2154301
>Someone walking dog
>Using flexileash
>Dog is 10ft from owner
>Owner has headphones on
>Staring and using their phone
>>
If your dog isnt at your side or behind it is making threat assesments and that is very stressfull for the dog.
>>
>>2154426
People will get butthurt about front clipping harnesses because of strain to the front legs and lack of full natural leg movement. I'm not one of those people but be prepared for that.

>>2154301
They make retractable leashes with clear 'invisible' string so it looks like you have no control over your dog whatsoever. I only found out those were a thing when I nearly drove between a man and his dog on a clear flexible lead. Could have killed a man and his dog without a dent to my car.
>>
>>2154230
A more hands on approach to bathing negative reinforcements since we dont breath under water ! !
>>
File: 1455302861864.jpg (170KB, 605x643px) Image search: [Google]
1455302861864.jpg
170KB, 605x643px
>>2154919
>what the fuck is this nigger talking about?
>>
>>2154196
Instead of being lazy, keep a small tension pulling up on the leash not straight back. Thats how show dogs are walked. It keeps them at your side, their heads up, lifts their front legs up if they move too fast, preventing any forward pulling, shows dog you're leading not following. Its the most simple and effective way to talk any sized dog. Those long expandable leads are retarded and extremely dangerous. Only reason those should be used is for training your dog in the field not for walking.
>>
>>2154196

Rear attatching harnsesses only encourage the dog to pull... much like a husky in a sled team.
>>
>>2154985
Green text me gone head
>>
>>2154900
What a load of tosh. I have two dachshunds. One is always far behind because he sniffs everything and just likes to amble along. The other goes in front and runs around, she likes to chase and hunt. Neither is stressed. Neither are aggressive. Neither are making threat assessments. The only time they're by side is when there's aggressive dog nearby and they're scared. A dog doesn't need to be glued to you.
>>
Show dogs only walk like that for a few seconds in the ring, doing so continuously could put too much stress on a dog's trachea.

The reason why show dogs handle so well has nothing to do with the lead, but rather training. Most show dogs could gait perfectly even without a lead, and that's because most show owners/handlers are on another level when it comes to dog training. Most show dogs are also involved in obedience and dog sports, so loose leash walking was something trained from day one. If you want good training advice, make friends with show people, these are the people who train every day and compete every weekend.
>>
>>2155060
People say this, but I don't really notice it with my dogs. My spaniel/chihuahua mix walks perfectly on a back-mounted harness. My retarded lab/dachshund pulls sometimes, but he will pull on literally anything: front mount, back mount, normal collar, martinggale, choke chain. He just gets excited and wants to go places and explore. Turning around and walking the other way is the only thing that does the trick on him.
>>
>>2155784
Most people that show dogs are weird as fuck. I've met a few who are alright, but the vast majority are not however. I can't understand why people can't be passionate about an animal without being a complete train wreck at the same time.
>>
i have a spastic aggressive brown Labrador who i love very much.
>>
>>2154196
I don't even have to walk my dog on a leash.
>>
>>2155794
To someone not involved, it can seem a little nutty. But once you get going in shows and sports, it's a lot of fun for you and your dogs. Just like any hobby, though, there are some weirdos
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.