[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ESA:Emotional support animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (81KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 640x469px
Emotional support animals

How does the process actually work? My therapist recommended it for me (already have a dog, just to get paperwork for when I need her with me)
But my therapist told me to do my own research, and I can't actually figure out what the process is

Pic unrelated
>>
My friend claimed his cat was an ENA just so he could keep her in his appartment.

All he had to do was pay 40$ and do a phone call with a therapist
>>
>>2150994
My wife had one we used an internet Doc. Paid around a hundred if I member correctly.
>>
>>2151071
>>2151058
Hmm that sounds so sketchy
>>
>>2150994
Man up and learn how to handle being independent. "Comfort animals" are a cancer sweeping across this country. I can't go into a supermarket anymore without every Tom, Dick, and Harry carrying their fucking chihuahua into the produce section and touching all the food with the same hands they hold their filthy dog with. And heaven forbid you confront them about it and set them off into some emotional tirade over how they can't function without the mutt. The whole thing is just a scam so these quack therapists can get more money out of you.
>>
>>2151666
what's the difference between touching the dog at home and then going to the supermarket? in station shops dogs are allowed in anyway because you can't leave them outside getting stolen or biting at commuters when they step on them.
people just don't want hair everywhere.
>>
>>2151666
emotional support is sorta the reason people keep pets in the first place.

and those veggies will be touched by the same filthy hands whether the dog is there or not.
>>
>>2150994
Idk about dogs, but I have a cat that is very cuddly and it's like she knows I'm in a bad mood. Helps me a lot with anxiety or when I'm stressed.
>>
I have mixed feelings about using animals for this... dogs seem to soak up emotion and I dont like the idea of them constantly being around depression.
>>
Does there even need to be a "support animal" tag on the beast? I'm not sure this is even a thing in EU.

I've sometimes wondered that a cat or something might help me to open up a bit emotionally, as a diagnosed schizoid. I live hermit lifestyle, I go to work, and come home, with zero social life. But I think it's too late for me.
>>
ESA means pretty much nothing. No training is needed because even reptiles and shit can be ESA. You just need to have a severe enough disorder to prove that this animal helps you with said disorder, and a doctor writing a recommendation for it. ESA means that housing authorities have to let you keep your animal, but only if your animal isn't a potential threat an isn't a nuisance. If your animal is loud, destroys the place, is scaring people etc the land Lord doesn't have to accommodate your animal. Public places are not required to give access to ESA.
>>
>>2151666
>He doesnt clean his produce before he cooks with it!!!!
You are going to get food poisoning and it won't be because someone touched their ESA
>>
>>2151666
I think its fine if you wanna get around the 'no pet' apartment thing but fuck it. I've kicked out plenty of dog 'support animals'. No pets allowed but I'll let behaved dogs slide, usually the owners just stand in the corner by the door with their dog quietly. But the ones that run around, jump, are obviously not listening, etc I still tell them to leave whether its a 'ESA' or not.
>>
>>2151796
Public property is (public parks, similar places) . On the other hand private property (target, corner store, local buisness) can kick anyone to the curb anytime.
>>
>>2151666
>I can't go into a supermarket anymore without every Tom, Dick, and Harry carrying their fucking chihuahua into the produce section and touching all the food with the same hands they hold their filthy dog with
supermarkets have the right to ban/remove emotional support/therapy animals. they only don't have the right to move actual guide dogs or dogs that do things like predict seizures or detect allergens. probably your supermarket doesn't know the law.

>>2151796 is right. you don't even need a recommendation/prescription from a real therapist. you can just buy the little vest right online, and they'll even send you a certificate with it to "prove" your animal is for support. ESA might have had a serious connotation if pet-toting soccer moms and self-diagnosing tumblrinas hadn't caught wind of it, but until regulations for what can and can't be an ESA animal become stricter and they start demanding a professional diagnosis from a real therapist with a long history of treatment, they'll always be a joke.

tl;dr it's easy as fuck to get an ESA, you don't even have to see a real therapist, but the flip side of that is ESA doesn't mean anything and no one has to accommodate you the way they do with physical therapy dogs.
>>
>>2151784
In the US I don't think there's a point to labeling it. Service animals have to be registered and usually are made to wear a vest identifying them as so, but anyone could buy a fake or used vest off ebay and call their dog a service animal when it's not. It's retarded, but by law you can't ask the specifics of why someone has the dog, just if it is a service animal and what service it provides. Obviously this leads to tremendous abuse of the program. My dad had a hell of a time dealing with a tenant who had a service dog that kept growling and almost biting neighbors, but was unable to pry further to find out what was really going on.
>>
>>2151666
fuck you
>>2151796
>>2151831
>>2152064
huh this sucks
i do have a serious problem, and the dog helps me alot; the most important matter is housing yes, but if things are particularly bad and i need to take her out with me, it'd be great if i could have that option

but...if ESA's are regarded as serious or legit then should i even bother to go the legit route?
i can't even tell what the legit route is frankly
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.