[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jellyfish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3334.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3334.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
So I was watching Planet Earth and David Attenborough said that all jellyfish sting. Is he just stupid or are these guys stinging phosphates?
>>
>>2145658
All jellyfish sting in the same way that all spiders bite.

Some jellyfish stings are so lethal they will kill you. Just like some spider bites are so lethal they will kill you.

And then some jellyfish stings are so harmless to the human species that you don't even notice. The same way some spider bites are so harmless to the human species that when you wake up in the morning you think you just have a zit on your face, so you pop that sucker and go about your daily routines.
>>
>>2145666
I've worked with anemones and know they can have varying stinging ranges (and you can feel them sticking to you cause of the stinging) but never with these type of jellies. What I've read say's they don't sting. So is Attenborough wrong?
>>
>>2145676
As far as I'm aware, all jellies can sting. Just a lot of them can't do shit to a human, but they still are stinging you.
>>
>>2145733
So If I'm biting you and you can't feel it, I'm not biting you? Are you trying to divide by 0?
>>
>>2145740
What? Thats the opposite of what I said.
The harmless jellies are stinging you, you just can't feel it.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were some weirdo deep sea jellies without stinging cells.
>>
>>2145741
Oh my god, you're stupid as fuck.
>>
>>2145749
I'm confused.
you're calling him stupid but you're the one who can't read?

did you mean to call yourself stupid and just fucked it up because you're too damn stupid?

you poor dumb thing.
>>
>>2145749
Are you retarded? What are you even talking about? Neither of your posts have made any sense whatsoever.
>>
>>2145752
No. Now I'm calling you both stupid. lern2reed
Also, how do you know its a him?
>>
>>2145755
Go to bed carl/samefag.
>>
File: ObH1J.png (73KB, 744x1340px) Image search: [Google]
ObH1J.png
73KB, 744x1340px
>>2145740
>>2145749
>>2145756
>>2145758
>>
>>2145658
All jellies have cnidocyts containing nematocysts, which act like little harpoons that inject venom

But many are too weak to notice when you get stung
>>
File: james-hong.jpg (40KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
james-hong.jpg
40KB, 300x370px
>>2145762
>Replies with a meme
>calls poster a retard
>>
>>2145658
I picked up moon jellyfish as a kid and never got stung tbqh

Maybe it's just weak
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.