[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are zoos doomed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: yummy.jpg (95KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
95KB, 640x352px
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/06/14/report-alligator-drags-child-into-water-near-disney-resort/

Soon enough we're going to have to have 20 foot tall electric fences, moats, and stone walls between us and the animals.
>>
>>2145603

how are these kids getting in? are the barricades meant for people that shitty?
>>
>>2145603
>Are zoos doomed?
I hope so. Zoos are an abomination
>>
>>2145603
that wasn't a zoo.

that's just florida. they have gators. a lot of gators.
>>
Just the shitty ones where they stuff every large animal in concrete pits.
Also that wasn't a zoo, and gators aren't nearly as cute in most people's eyes. There will be no #justiceforgator
>>
>>2145603
>Are zoos doomed?
Why? That was a resort not a zoo, and why was a kid left unattended next to the water at night?
>>
>>2145630
>why was a kid left unattended next to the water at night?
well Disney sprays for mosquitos, you'd just figure they'd spray to get rid of the pesky gators too.
>>
>>2145615

Ohhhh, i see. I was misled by the 'near resort' wording. Yeah wild gator snatching kid in Florida isn't really a huge surprise.
>>
>>2145636
Even if the parents thought they were safe from gators that's no excuse, Florida has the highest drowning when it comes to children below 5.
>>
I just heard about this on the news and starting laughing pretty hard.
>>
>>2145641
It turns out Floridians were the stupid animals.
>>
File: 1465745775748.jpg (218KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1465745775748.jpg
218KB, 792x792px
>>2145643
I bet you nearly laughed your JNCOs off.
>>
Florida is basically Jurassic Park in real life. You probably won't be eaten by giant reptiles if you go there, but are you willing to take the chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn1g0xtUMk
>>
>>2145657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwhNFOn4ik
>>
>>2145657
Florida here, see gators all the time, even swim with them. For the most part they just don't want to be bothered, if you're not a manlet. They don't fuck with people who are bigger than them, they typically bail if you try to get closer. Not as big a deal as snowbirds act. Sae with hurricanes.
>>
>>2145680
How are you not dead yet?
>>
>>2145680
Seriously though. You have to be like 1/3 the size of a gator who would give a fuck about you. And by that I mean like a 10 footer, maybe.
>>
>>2145687
>it's another dumb tourist thinks Florida wildlife is really that hardcore even after Florida Man says otherwise episode
Gators are scared of anything bigger than them, especially people, who have been hunting and eating gators since the days of the Seminole. They learned to be scared of us. But wait, wat am I doing, it's the fear of gators keeping you awful yanks sort of away. I lied, stay out of Florida you will get eated.
>>
>>2145700
No, no. You didn't get my post. I should clarify. How is a manlet like you still alive after "swimming" with gators?
Also besides working with your mom I've worked with way more hideous creatures.
>>
>>2145700
>tfw from louisiana and tell everyone how we all wrestle gators down here and they believe it like the dumb yankees they are

>tfw i have actually wrestled two
>and swam with them on many occasions
>>
>>2145700
>>2145708
>>
>>2145708
I wrestled a 4 footer once, even that small I couldn't believe how strong the thing was.
>>2145743
Yankcuck detected.
>>
The deed was done by a non-cute animal, and since no one has mentioned skin colour, it must be assumed that the kid was white.

Unlike the Harambe case, the majority will likely be pro-human in this case.
>>
>>2145615
The enclosures are built so the animals can't get out, not so people can't get in. Precautions are usually taken to keep people out of sticking fingers through fences distance, but besides that the habitats are built with the animal in mind. People are too smart and have too many tools to make enclosures people proof.

>>2145708
>Let dumb Yanks believe this!
>Its actually true

>>2145884
A resort at Disney? Oh yeah I put my money on white
>>
File: JP-RaptorPen.jpg (268KB, 1017x554px) Image search: [Google]
JP-RaptorPen.jpg
268KB, 1017x554px
A taste of zoos to come.
>>
Yes. People will insist on increased security
>>
>>2145636
>spray to get rid of Alligators
>>
>>2145644
Savage af
>>
>>2145708
Hi nigger
>>
>>2145644
They were tourists, not natives.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.