[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Activism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

I don't understand /an/
This isn't where we discuss animal cruelty?
>>
File: saddoggo.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
saddoggo.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>2145049
>This isn't where we can discuss animal cruelty?
Not without edgelords spamming the thread with pics of murdered animals.
>>
File: 2016-06-14 22.24.30.png (2MB, 1433x1423px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-14 22.24.30.png
2MB, 1433x1423px
why are so many asians sub-human idiots?
>>
/an/ actually hates nature and non-pet trade species.
this is evident through all the stray and feral cat enablers.

/an/ - outdoor cats & meme doges
>>
File: Slaying6.jpg (122KB, 769x514px) Image search: [Google]
Slaying6.jpg
122KB, 769x514px
>>2145353
for the same reason as any other race.
>>
>>2145353
>stray
>owner
???
>>
>>2145353

Because they live in shit hole conditions are are uneducated.

They treat other humans just as badly. There was a video put up the other day of an asian man beating his wife in public and shoving her into a boot. Bystanders literally did nothing.
>>
>>2145393

>Cheeky fucker
>>
>there are people who non-ironically believe a dog's life is worth more than that of a pig
>there are people who non-ironically believe that an animal's cuteness factor should serve as a moral imperative for how that animal can be treated
>people think they can compensate for their own contributions to animal suffering by pretending to be mad about chinks eating dogs
>>
>>2145420

>there are people who non-ironically believe a dog's life is worth more than that of a pig

Define worth.

>there are people who non-ironically believe that an animal's cuteness factor should serve as a moral imperative for how that animal can be treated

That's biological.

>people think they can compensate for their own contributions to animal suffering by pretending to be mad about chinks eating dogs

You're really not that clever.
>>
>>2145380
it was a homeless man who didnĀ“t talk to the police men

So it was a stray dog, who bonded with a homeless man
>>
>>2145427
>I can't come up with any answer at the moment, so I'll ask him for definitions to stall him
>natural fallacy
>u-ur dumb!
Three non-arguments. Please try to answer seriously next time.
>>
File: 4974835.jpg (81KB, 603x424px) Image search: [Google]
4974835.jpg
81KB, 603x424px
>>2145420
it's not only about dogs, you dip

>>2145427
this
>>
>>2145346
It's also used to describe brutal killings of any context. You know this.
>>
>>2145432

3rd party Anon here, he schooled your ass. If you don't define worth why argue about it? It's impossible to discuss at that point.

The cuteness thing is biological, literally why he said it. Not sure how this confuses you.

The last part I agree with you on.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 183x276px
We don't discuss it because /an/ is too torn on the subject to talk about it. People will state that it is a problem that only third world countries have and others will point out it's not good any where. Also people have different feelings towards different types of animal such as the age old indoor vs out door cats. No one agrees and no one ever will. Animals are a tricky subject to talk about and there are a few books written about humans interactions with animals. The most recent one I've read is called "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why It's So Hard To Think Straight About Animals" By Hal Herzog. Anthrozoology is a relatively "new" field that has arguments just as bad as /an/ does.
>>
>>2145539
Rattos are qt thou
>>
>>2145420
Dogs live are worth more than a pig. I love this all animals are equal but you're talking about worth.
A pig's only worth to a human is food, a dog has multiple purposes and is shit quality meat.

Eating dogs is borderline cannibalism because of how important they were to our species growth, eating pigs is delicious.
>>
Because they would cause large scale shitposting from shitheads like bugguy, vegans, petafags, veganfags and outoor/indoor cat fags.
>>
>>2145556
>how important they were to our species growth,
kek
you know we ate them when food ran low, right?
>>
>>2145559
Yes a desperate measure and testament to their worth.
Food is plentiful so there is no reason to eat dogs with their terrible meat when they provide so much more health benefits as pets.
Dogs also have numerous worth as working animals.

Don't get me wrong, if the world went to shit and food was scarce I would chow down on a dog without second thought but they are defiantly worth more than any livestock animal.
>>
>>2145531

Sigh..

Good job missing the point entirely. I wasn't refuting his claims. I was disagreeing with him using it as an insult.

>dogs have no economic value

Well now you're just being stupid. Worth is defined by more than just money. My dog is worth more to me than your life. If my dog died tomorrow, I would bawl my eyes out, if you died I would probably laugh.

The biological aspect was merely pointing out why we feel that way.

>>2145559
?you know we ate them when food ran low, right?

Which means they had value as food as well as everything else.

Sorry, let me take my seeing eye pig/drug sniffing pig/assistant pig/sheep herding pig/guard pig for a walk?
>>
>>2145560
>Yes a desperate measure and testament to their worth
many cultures also had specific breeds of dog just for eating. several still do.
>>
>>2145576
now this is how you get btfo
>>
>>2145576

>dogs and pigs can be used for food
>dogs also have a million other uses and are relied upon to save lives

I don't even need the emotional aspect.
>>
File: dealwithit.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>2145576
New anon. I totally agree. It's all regional. I work with all types of animals all day long. It can be pigs one day and dogs the next. I love anything pork, but if you we're to say"here's some dog" I would be like "get that shit outta here". I keep scorpions and giant centipedes as pets, but I don't get pissed when I see them being sold on the market.
>>
>>2145420
I can't stand you fucking edgelords. If you hate dogs just say you hate dogs, faggot.
>>
>>2145420

I'm never really going to understand why some vegans will use almost any opening to get on their soapbox and start spraying shit out of their mouth.
>>
>>2145556
>Multiple uses
Hunting...? I wouldn't count entertainment as particularly "useful". Pigs are technically worth more because we eat them. We feed dogs.
>>
>>2146940
Hunting, herding, guarding, tracking in general, a single dog could help feed and keep you alive for years in a forest, a single pig would feed you for a week.
>>
>>2147011
>in a forest

So it's situational usefulness. In a modern setting, say in a city, a pig, or pigs, is much more useful. Hogs and pigs can search for truffles, but they lose that usefulness when not searching for truffles. Same applies to dogs, they lose the usefulness of hunting, tracking, herding, etc when not in that environment. Pigs are across the board useful as both entertainment and food.
>>
>>2147029
>because why the fuck would you use a dog to find a lost child in a city?
>because why the fuck would a blind person need a guide dog in the city?
>because WHY THE FUCK would you use a dog for protection in the city?
>>
>>2147029
The forest was just an example, a dog is more useful in any difficult-to-survive environment. Hell, even if you were just talking about first world cities the stuff mentioned by >>2147057 still makes them objectively more useful than a pig.
Plus drugs dogs, bomb dogs, device detecting dogs and general police/service pups.
>>
>>2145684
I'm curious how one captures a giant centipede to shove a skewer up its ass without receiving an agonizingly painful bite.
>>
>>2147029
Dogs are a ton more useless to the human race, being useful is their whole sub species point of existing.
But you're gonna stamp you feet and argue down to the finest detail because muh vegan.
>>
>>2145049
No.

It's too depressing.
It allows moral wimps to spread their peace bullshit.
It'll start a flamewar between trolls and wimps.
You might as well talk about how we're destroying our world through our rampant consumerism.

This is about our appreciation of nature, not how we're fucking it up and what to do about it. We're here for fun.
>>
>>2147066
>>2147029
>>2147011
>>2147058
Dogs, maybe behind or tied with horses, were the most important domestic animal to human progress. They are noted to be the only animal that would do a task for people for no incentive, benefit or motive.

That being said I don't eat meat.
>>
>>2147153
It arguable while horses offered services such as ploughing and pulling carts we would have never gotten to that stage without dogs.
Theres also the point that horses are obsolete, their original purpose long gone and are now only pets and sport animals.

I would say dogs are more important than Horses.
>>
>>2145049
I honestly want to eat dog just to be edgy guys
>>
>>2145420
Mmmhhh bacon. I especially love it when I can taste the shitty living conditions and the animals fear.
>>
>>2145427
>>2145431
>>2145432
>>2145433
>>2145520
>>2145531
>>2145562

Blah Blah, Blah
>Blah Blah
Blah. Blah Blah blah.
>Blah!
Why aren't you listening to my attempts to dissuade you of your opinion? I clearly told you my opinion!?!?
>Blah, blah blah. Blah blah
>>
>>2147728
Also, sure, pigs should be treated better and have feelings. Go ahead, spend money in the supermarket for fairly raised pigs.

But don't go around telling me that the descendants of the pooch who saved my early ancestors infant child from a wild pig is worth as much as the walking shit factory.

Because if you really think a pig is worth more of our time, care and attention than a dog, you are fucking retarded
>>
>>2145559
Whos we? you and your family? people still eat dogs in some asian countries so what are you trying to say?
>>
>>2147166
True, we would have never gotten to a farming stage without dogs. And I'm sure some cultures have a viable alternative to horses also. So i guess as far as domestics go, dogs win this round
>>
>>2146940
Dog's literally helped humans survive and evolve

If we didn't domesticate dog's we'd still be fucking around out in the wilderness getting eaten by predators
>>
Yeah dogs are cool and so are all other animals. The suffering and pain they all feel is real, and equal. A dog may be more useful when compared to other animals, but that does not justify ill treatment of other animals.
They all feel love, pain, fear, and loss to a certain point. I love all animals and it makes me sad that we don't treat them better. This is why I dont eat meat and very little animal
animal products.

I know what suffering is. I work at a hospital and I'm around people who are suffering all the time. The thought of supporting innocent animal suffering by buying factory farmed meats or products disturbs me. It's never too late.

@OP
This board is for animal lovers. If you love animals talking about these issues are necessary.
>>
>>2145684
Fuck off with this picture fucking
Shit's scarier than any /x/ greentext
>>
>>2149091
Why would you assume that?
>>
>>2149231
It was the first alarm system.
>>
>>2149238
No, why would you assume that we would still be in the woods dying to predators?
>>
all this can be solved by having pet dogs and food dogs.
>>
File: dog1.jpg (48KB, 604x391px) Image search: [Google]
dog1.jpg
48KB, 604x391px
>tfw dogs can smell cancer on you and incoming death
>>
>>2149251
>this.

If we just keep them separate, like fish, rabbits, etc there's no reason why we can't have pets and food. Your pet dog might be able to do all those cool things, but my food dog was bred to be eaten
>>
>>2145472
Is that where my sweet taurine from me red bull comes from?
>>
Will a mod please just prune this fucking thread already?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.