[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my dog had her for a few months but i dont know what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: b1.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
b1.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
This is my dog had her for a few months but i dont know what kind of dog she is ? I know she's mixed but i dont know with what any help
>>
File: b01.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
b01.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>2144055
sorry for upside down pic
>>
You got yourself a dog of peace right there, anon.
>>
>>2144056
hmm. bit hard to tel from the one angle, but looking at:
>broad face
>longish snout
>short legs
>stocky body
>med size droopy ears

i would say that's a doggo. fun trick you can try, every time you come home and see him/her, loudly shout:
>HELLO DOGGO

and watch how excited they get.
>>
Can't tell from pic alone, but according yo state laws she is a pitbull. Please look up laws in your state amd area so you can be responsible and reduce the possibility of you getting in trouble.
>>
>>2144354
when i got her the pound said she was a lab and she did look like one until she got a little older
>>
File: b2.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
b2.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>2144362
a pit bull that is
>>
File: b3.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
b3.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>2144366
>>
>>2144362
Pitbull is a category of dog now according to law, and labs actually fall under is along with some other breeds. Not that there aren't pure bred pits, but my point is that her body falls under that category, so even if she were say, half lab half boxer, she would still be called a pitbull if she ever killed someones animal, bit someone, or even just got in another fight with a dog.

It's also extremely hard to find apartments that rent to pit owners, so the more research you staet doing now, the better prepared you'll be should anything bad ever happen.
>>
>>2144377
thank you for the info
>>
File: CAM00118.jpg (362KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00118.jpg
362KB, 2048x1536px
>>2144382
Your welcome, it's definitely saved my ass a couple times when people can't call their dogs back.
>>
>>2144362
Fun fact; labs fit the category for pit bulls.

That being said, it looks nothing like a modern American Pit Bull Terrier. More like a staffy mix.
>>
>>2144366
>>2144367
staffy mix
>>
>>2144055
Looks like my old dog who was a lab/pit bull mix.
>>
looks like a dog mixed with a dog
there may be a hint of dog from the mothers side
>>
Can't be certain but pretty sure that's a staffyxlab not an ambullxlab
>>
>>2144055
That's a magic upside-down pupper OP.
>>
>>2144055
If you've got a free $100 you can buy DNA kits from Amazon. I think you swab their mouths and send the swab to some lab and they send you back a bunch of breed/genetic information (including genetic diseases pup might be liable to develop, etc)..
>>
Please get that dog off the ceiling
>>
>>2144056
pit lab mix
>>
>>2146706
Exactly what I was going to post
>>
>>2146689this OP, that's very dangerous for puppers
>>
>>2144351
I am going to try exactly that today after work.
>>
>>2146434
This.

Staffy/lab. As far as legal stuff goes, I owned a chow mix once, and they were banned where I lived. Took her to the vet and had the vet type up a letter saying she wasn't chow. Landlord let me keep her, but made sure to let me know if she bit anyone, it was my ass.

She never bit anything. This was 8 years ago though and I'm people are more apprehensive to pits than chows (I have two pits now).

Luckily, "bully breeds" aren't banned in my town and I own my land/home so I don't have to worry about that crap anymore.
>>
>>2144057
>You got yourself a dog of peace

*snort*
>>
>>2144377
>pure bred pits

... pit bull isn't a breed. Sorry, pet peeve.
>>
>>2147049
Apbt
>>
>>2147080

"Pit bull is the common name for a type of dog. Formal breeds often considered in North America to be of the pit bull type include the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier" + another dozen breeds like American Bulldog and Old English Staffordshire Bull Terrier
>>
>>2147049
I understand your peeve.

However, I think anon was referring to pure bred pits as pit breeds not mixed with another breed (lab, boxer, etc) in which case, the generalization "pits" would be acceptable.
>>
op here thanks for the info guys any good training tips for her
>>
>>2147126
Consistency. You can't just let her on the couch or bed sometimes and loose your shit other times. She's either allowed to do things or not.

Do you know how old she is?

Also, look up videos for clicker training.
>>
>>2147168
at this point she is around 2
>>
https://youtu.be/livmx0mED28
>>
>>2147049
>>2147104
This.

Though I think they have blue noses actually registered now...but anyway, that's what I was refering to, yes.
>>
Everytime I scroll past that upside-down dog in the catalog, I smile. I dunno why. Funny stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 384x384px
>>2144055
Staffy mix
>>
>>2146706
Yeah, I can see the lab in her
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.