[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a rooster or a hen? It's about 7 weeks old.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0380.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0380.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
Is it a rooster or a hen? It's about 7 weeks old.
>>
Definitely a rooster
>>
>>2139924
What are the differences between a rooster and a hen at this age?
>>
Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
>>
>>2139921
Ignore that idiot. There's no way to tell from this photo if that is a hen or a rooster. What breed is it? One of the better ways to tell is with a side view so we can see the tail feathers. Also, if you have another of the same age and breed, it might help to see them side-by-side. The chicken's behavior among others is usually the best indicator. Also, throw a pillow or some other object past it, overhead. The hens will usually cower while the males will often stand up to challenge the "other bird" that has buzzed it.
>>
File: IMAG0390.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0390.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>2139930
Black Australorp. Here's a side view
>>
File: phonepics 10187.jpg (148KB, 478x800px) Image search: [Google]
phonepics 10187.jpg
148KB, 478x800px
>>2139937
Seeing him next to that barred rock hen would lead me to believe it's a cockeral. Barred rocks get large combs and if hers isn't showing yet and the australorp has a noticeable comb and wattle then it's probably a male. Pic related my roo started getting his comb way earlier than the girls. At the time of this photo he got his full comb and was crowing (poorly).
>>
Is this a chicken thread? Id like to start a hen house to get my own eggs what will I need?
>>
>>2139947
At what age do they start crowing?
>>
>>2139937
BIG
BLACK
AUSTRALOP
COCKAREL
>>
>>2139937
The bird also has a more aggressive/proud stance. Leaning toward cockerel, although I would have expected longer tailfeathers at this age.
>>
Check the saddle feathers. They might be pointy even at this young age. Pointy saddle feathers = cockerel.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.