[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Succulent question: I have a bunch of succulents(pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160519_110250.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_110250.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
Succulent question: I have a bunch of succulents(pic related is a few) in 1" pots. Now I usually have them shipped so they were in a box for a while and lose some color. But they've been in the sun for a while now and the color hasn't really returned that much. A couple have lost a little color too. Anyone know what's the deal? Also since they're in such small pots how often should they be getting water? It's hard for me to tell when they dry out because they're so small
>>
indirect sunlight don't over water, i would give them bigger pots
>>
>>2136758
Moved them to indirect, they're 2" pots btw I dont know why I always think they're 1" for some reason. Not sure if that size difference matters but
>>
>>2136797

i prefer larger pots for my succulents personally, they can get much bigger and spread
>>
>>2136921
I was always told they like to be pot bound?
>>
File: help.jpg (188KB, 1280x1082px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
188KB, 1280x1082px
>>2136937
>mfw roomate is pot bound too
>>
>>2136937
I heaven't heard this before. I have heard that when young they can enjoy small pots, but grow into bigger ones.
>>
>>2136937

after a while you have to either divide them or cut them if you want them in a such a small pot really small pots don't work longterm some succulents can get big and others multiply quickly

get succulent and cacti soil keep them out of harsh direct sunlight while giving them a lot of light water them when the soil is dry they're hard to under water and easy to over water for the most part they need good drainage and i would put them in a much bigger pot, you can put them all together in one pot if it's big enough

you can't just water them in tiny pots for the entire time you have them if you want them to thrive instead of being a temporary decoration, they look faded like that because you're keeping them in poor conditions
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.