[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Apes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: upright apes.jpg (151KB, 1599x470px) Image search: [Google]
upright apes.jpg
151KB, 1599x470px
Human
7 Billion and growing

The Gorilla
Western Lowland Gorilla - 100,000 and shrinking

Cross River Gorilla - 250-300 and shrinking. This is the rarest Great Ape in the world

Eastern Lowland Gorilla - 4,000 and shrinking.

Mountain Gorilla - 880 and growing/stable.

The Orangutan
Bornean Orangutan - 45,000-69,000 and shrinking

Sumatran Orangutan - 7,500 and shrinking

The Chimpanzee
Central Chimpanzee - 115,000 and stable

Western Chimpanzee - 21,000-55,000 and shrinking

Eastern Chimpanzee - 76,000 - 114,000 and shrinking

Nigeria-Cameroon Chimpanzee - 6,500 and shrinking

Bonobo
Bonobo - 29,5000 - 50,000 unknown status

Lesser Ape - Gibbon
The Siamang - 23,000 and shrinking

The White-Handed or Lar Gibbon - 79,000 and shrinking

The Hoolock Gibbon - 5,000 - 20,000 and shrinking

These numbers are drastic changes from even 100 years ago.

These animals are dying, fast. And we shoot them in zoos to protect 1 of 7 billion.
>>
We are the greatest ape, dude.
>>
>>2135376
Do we count captive apes as part of the endangered population? Unless they're going to sire offspring that will be put in the wild, their existence/propagation only bolsters the captive population.
>>
I'm so sick of hearing about this meme ape in a zoo. The real issue is habitat conservation
>>
Nature does not care, these animals have failed where humans succeeded and thus serve no purpose. Their niche has been filled.
>>
>>2135376
They had their chance
>>
>>2135376
Sad that people dont respect our cousins and couldnt give a fuck about weather or not they live or die at our hands.
>>
File: 1436747978946.jpg (138KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
1436747978946.jpg
138KB, 469x700px
if that gorilla wanted to live he would have negotiated
he chose not to and by his actions was killed. I'm sorry you do not like the balance of nature, but when you grow up some you'll see its indifferent to your feelings
>>
You do realize that letting the child die would result in terrible publicity for the zoo, inevitable lawsuits, and possibly a large cut in funding, right? Meaning even more of the gorillas inhabiting the enclosure would suffer.

That being said, lots of cold-ass sons of bit he's have been crawling out of the woodwork since the incident occured. Both extremes have been unbearable.
>>
>>2135439
*bitches

Bah
>>
>>2135439
>terrible publicity for the zoo, inevitable lawsuits, and possibly a large cut in funding
Yeah, thank god that all was avoided. Oh, wait, none of it was at all
>>
>>2135454
IF they would have let the child die.
>>
>>2135463
Also: now. All of that describes the current situation.
>>
>>2135477
Sorry, I misread your post.

What I was saying in my original post is that the chances of what I listed happening would be much more likely.
>>
>>2135439
Kid was hospitalized and released same day. Media was saying "critical condition."

Absolute bullshit. Gorilla didn't do shit to the kid. Dragged him in water, big whoop. Waves do that to kids in the ocean harder than the Gorilla did.
>>
>>2135436
We really need to get ALL captive apes educated as highly as their ability allows. That way, they can properly negotiate for better enclosures, privacy rooms and the release of hostages.
>>
>>2135483
Nevermind the fall.
>>
Kill all apes
>>
>>2135376
If that had been your kid in the ape cage you would feel quite different OP.

>inb4 I wouldn't let my kid blah,blah,blah,

You fags just need to realize that human life takes precidence over animal life. Even if it is a nigger.
>>
Dude judeo-christian morals lmao
>>
File: 1453790884916.png (398KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453790884916.png
398KB, 720x480px
animal-fetishising misanthropes are the worst

i don't know what annoys me more, people who say "ITS JUST AN ANIMAL DUDE, LMAO, WHY DO YOU CARE" or these fuckin cucks who shriek every time someone saves a human life over an animal

what really stuns me are these people who get this weird thing where they get angry at the kid or whatever, and say shit like "dumb kid i wish the animal had killed the brat!" unhinged psycho. if anything these people really display the poorer elements of the humanity they apparently disdain.
>>
>>2135890
Human life is animal life.
>>
>>2135890
Humans are as much animals as any other animal. Ensuring the survival of others of our species is a basic instinct but humans are smart enough to go against their instincts if it's the smart thing to do, which is why we should know better than to preserve the life of an overpopulated species at the expense of other animals that are dying out because of how much we fucked up the planet
>>
>>2135393
Even if that specific ape wasn't, a larger captive population makes it easier to breed animals that will be released into the wild
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.