[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you draw the line, /an/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

File: 1464556735067.jpg (367KB, 750x608px) Image search: [Google]
1464556735067.jpg
367KB, 750x608px
Where do you draw the line, /an/?
>>
I don't, you can eat all of them for all I care as long as you don't start eating people their actual pets.
>>
>>2134220
You think eating rabbit is weird?
>>
>>2134220
Carnivore/Herbivore?

But no, it is an interesting question. I'm sure most people would give illogical answer.
>>
>>2134226
this is what I was wondering, rabbit should be lumped in with cow chicken pig etc
>>
>>2134220
I'm down to eating basically just chicken and ham, everything else is fruit/vegetable/pasta/rice, etc.
>>
Not sure what is wrong with eating horse or rabbit. Tons of places do.
>>
I wouldn't want to come to the situation where I have to eat rabbit to survive. I have a bun and I love him.

I'd eat horse.
>>
>>2134226
This pic isn't mine and I don't even know if I even eaten rabbit. I know you make some stuff for sandwiches from them, my grandparents had small rabbit farm but I never cared what meat is made of. I just look at it, smell it, try, and if I like it, I eat it.

I'm somewhat agreeing with this pic except with that vegan chick thing. Meat is too good to sacrifice it to stick in dick in someone crazy. Also I'd swap places of rabbit and horse because horse, just like dogs, can perform some kind of labor, while rabbits, like you said, are on the border of just being pet for fun and being food.
>>
>They've never had horse steak.
It's really not bad.
>>
>want to stop eating pig because they're as smart as dogs
>its too tasty

Send help
>>
i'm a special snowflake vegan so "trying to bang a hot vegan chick" I suppose.

variations on that pic inspires a lot of vegetarian/vegan butthurt on social media.
>>
>>2134220
Rabbit is fine for eating. Horse i don't like because they have considerable use alive and their meat percentage is much lower than a cow, which makes it wasteful. If we're talking famine and apocalypse conditions I'll eat whatever i have to.
>>
>>2134226
>>2134234
>>2134243

So which 3rd world shithole do you guys live in?
>>
>>2134289
Luxembourg
>>
>>2134220
Eating Horses and Rabbits/Hares is perfectly normal, amerifags

Eating cats and dogs is not normal, at least where I come from.
But they are edible, as >>2134225
said, just donĀ“t eat actual pets

I personally would eat pretty much every Animal except Apes and Baleen whales/Toothed whales, I would struggle with canines too.
>>
>>2134231
In the sense of thermodynamics, carnivores are not going to provide as much nutrients as a herbivore, since the farther up the food chain you go, energy is dispersed gradually as heat.

So, it'll take even more energy to farm predators for food than it would to farm the predator's food as food.
>>
I draw the line at what tastes good. Vegan/Veg fags can fuck off.
Cat and Dog are shit quality meat and eating a Dog is borderline cannibalism.

Rabbit is tasty and I have never had Horse but it tends to be taboo is more west western countries like USA and UK.
>>
I don't draw the line anywhere. If it's edible and properly prepared, I'm willing to at least try it.

I like cats, but if somebody was like "Here's some sauteed cat with a nice burgundy sauce" or whatever, I'd be down.
>>
>>2134289
Australia
So your technically right I guess
>>
>>2134289
USA
>>
>>2134307
Dogs are animals I say eat em
>>
vegan fag reporting in
>>
>>2134301
That's more like it.

Anyway I also think it's good that we don't go and eat someone else's pet, it's property if nothing else.
>>
>>2134226
I don't.

>>2134226
Im on the east coast and it wasn't until I moved to Maine did people not bat an eyelash at eating rabbit, deer or even goat. Further down people were just sickened by the idea. I used to help host cookouts in NJ and I have had at least three people 'school me' how cruel I as for serving venison burgers while they had hotdogs and beef burgers.
>>
>>2134289
I live in the US. Horse meat is illegal (to my knowledge) and rabbit is sort of a niche meat, but people eat it.
>>
>>2134226
or horse for that matter.
really the economic crisis line should be regular day
>>2134369
that's really weirdabout rabbit.
I mean horse meat is rare and niche even where it's eaten, but rabit is quite common, so it's weird taht it's considered a niceh meat in the USA.
Maybe it's because it's a very lean meat
>>
>>2134288
Maybe in the 1800's. They're a waste of land and grass now that there's cars and tractors around.
>>
>>2134220
Add a person between the rabbit and the golden retriever, then draw a line between the golden and the person.

Everything to the right of that line.
>>
>>2134381
The US is strange. Anything outside of beef, pork, or chicken is niche. It surprises a lot of people abroad when I tell them that even lamb is a modestly uncommon meat here.
>>
>>2134423
Not exactly true but it seems more common around places with major cities like the tri-state area. The south especially. Actual 'southerners' were more than happy to make people try shit like snake, alligator, raccoon, opossum, etc. Why I doubt it's a staple for anyone unless they're really rural, it really depends where in the US you are.

Then you have offal which is not too popular with white Americans.
>>
>>2134428
Less common*
I am very drunk.
>>
>>2134428
'coon and possum are shit. Snake and gator are actually pretty good.
>>
>>2134381
Rabbit is a meat eaten by sportsmen. You don't normally see it in grocery stores. Just like deer, squirrel, and elk.
>>
>>2134289
Spain

Funnily enough, rabbit meat can be used in paellas.
>>
wow, there are a lot of people who eat meat here who think saying, "yeah I'd eat dog" makes them edgy and cool. It doesn't try harder.

On a less faggy note, even if I didn't care about animals I would still probably be vegan simply due to the environmental implications of large scale farming. I'm hoping to soon see large scale commercial cloning of animal flesh for consumption, that way no animals are really harmed and we don't need to put such a strain on the environment.
>>
I don't discriminate. I wouldn't eat my pet dog, but I also wouldn't eat my pet chicken or pig or whatever.

It's not so much the species, but the relationship I have with the animal.
>>
>>2134444
Quads of truth
>>
>>2134431
I agree entirely, having had all of them. There just isnt much meat on snake so I'm wondering if there's difference between rattlesnake meat and say, Burmese Python meat aside from size.

>>2134443
The way I see is it is that there are thousands, and thousands of dogs that are put down every day. I can't adopt all of them and I think it'd be a waste to just them for meat in the USA so why not? I've come to know and love pigs and cows as much as I do dogs. I just see no reason to put one above the other. Ties in with my distain for the ban on horse meat. The only reason why it happened was because of bleeding heart faggots who wouldn't give a second thought to eating a pig, cow or chicken. These are the same people who think shooting a deer for food is cruel because it wasn't a slab of meat in a store.
Dogs and cats I can at least understand but people's morals are very biased. They also tend to be the same people who think their dogs need to experience motherhood and want to breed them for no other reason than they want puppies because they're cute.
>>
>>2134264
i'll send you some bacon

i'd eat a dog too if it tasted like that pork
>>
>>2134335
Kys
>>
>>2134220
i normally eat hervivore animals, i guess thats where i draw the line. Unless it was some sorth of exotic delicious food or pork
>>
>>2134289
>eating meat is wrong
>being a clasist fuck is perfect
whip those slave boys extra hard for me slave master
>>
>>2134220
Why aren't humans on there?
>>
Humans have used animals to hunt and eat other animals from Day Fucking One. The "Pet/Food Line" has been around nearly as long as fire.
>>
I don't get why Americans find it so weird to eat horses. They're pretty much just less useful cows that break a lot. They tell me it's because horses are 'companion animals', as if cows can't show the same degree of companionship. As long as you put it down humanely, I don't care what you eat.
>>
>>2134588
Horses are smarter, MORE useful cows with far less consumable meat.

By every measure, cows are inferior and designed to be eaten.
>>
As long as its raised ethically and butchered as humanely as possible I dont care what people eat

Just dont eat peoples pets
>>
>>2134615
Horses do more harm than good being "used"
>>
>>2134588
we used them as transportation for hundreds of years, we have this nostalgic feel about them. It'd be like eating a Model T Ford or a 69 Camaro. Just wrong somehow.

Amurrica doesn't have much history so we glorify what we do have almost to the point of worshipping it. Just lurk one of our horse threads on /an/ if you want to see it in action.

Personally I've worked on a ranch and I don't mind the taste of horse. But I get why a lot of people here won't eat them.
>>
>>2134615

Cows are better at ploughing and pulling wagons. They are also easier to feed as their four chambered stomach is far better at grazing. All horses have is speed which was why they used for courier and mounted combat. They are also a shit load more flighty and take more training to overcome then cattle which are less easily spooked.
>>
here in France you can buy horse meat in most supermarkets. As my father and grandfather rise rabbits to eat them, it has always been good food to me. If you have a personal relationship of course it gets weird...
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0194.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I would eat the second half. I prefer to eat herbivores that were not bred to be man's best friend or man's master. I also prefer to hunt my own meat, so give me a gun and toss in some game animals and im good.

Btw, im a wolf spirit on the inside. Eating other canines is weird. However I have no problems with killing other canines for reasons other than food. That is my justification.
>>
>>2134512
But muh feelings cows want to live just as much as cats you speciesist. Cower before my moral superiority you disgusting insignificant human.
>>
>>2134226
This, light taste of beef with the consistency of tender chicken, hot DAMN!
It's some good shit.
>>
>>2134335
>he doesn't enjoy meat and its benefits
https://youtu.be/9IbnC5ovQNM
>>
>>2134684
>im a wolf spirit on the inside. Eating other canines is weird
I love retards pretending to be otherkin/spirits or whatever when they know fuckall about the animal.

Wolves have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about eating domestic dogs.
>>
>>2134710
Yeah. Don't ask why, but I know a lot of people who think they are wolf spirits trapped in human bodies. They feel depressed and emotional when wolves get shot or if dogs have to be put down, along with feeling angry at the 'stupid ugly hyoomans'.

In reality, wolves kill each other very often as well as kill other canines. Wolves in the wild don't see each other as brotha and sista, and so if a wolf was genuinely stuck in a human body chances are that person would really hate other wolves and wouldn't give a fuck if sarah palin demanded the shooting of wolves.
>>
>>2134710
>>2134719
Excuse me, normal humans do not understand the nuances about the viewpoint of an animal. If wolves had a choice, they would rather eat herbivores than other canines. This is why you see wolf packs kill and leave carcasses of lets say, a coyote that happened to be in their territory.
>>
>>2134726
I'm not sure who to believe so I googled "wolves eat dog" and got about 17 million results in less than a second. Most of which appear to actually be about wolves eating dogs.

I'm gonna go with the other anon. It would appear wolves have no problem eating other canines.
At all.
>>
>>2134732
Wolves do eat dogs, but in situations where they cannot get there natural prey. Humans are taking over wolf environments and so are dogs. They would rather not, but they have to. It is also problematic because dogs can spread their parasites and diseases easier to wolves.

You might also find that a lot of these instances of wolves killing dogs are actually the fault of coyotes, not that this adds anything to the argument.
>>
>>2134615
Horses suck these days. Machines have replaced them altogether. I guess you could say the same thing about cows but at least they produce significant amounts of milk, are generally cheaper to own, and more docile to boot. There's nothing a horse can do that cattle can't except horses are faster which is moot these days.

>>2134656
To be fair, those cars sorta suck. If they weren't so rare they'd be useful only for eating. You are right about the pseudo-religion of the United States of America though. I'd like to believe all countries do it but it seems really big for Americans.
>>
>>2134732
Its probably easier to believe the person who does not have supernatural special snowflake claims.
>>
>>2134747
>it seems really big for Americans.
we really don't have a strong cultural identity.

we've decided most of the things we used to be proud of were probably pretty wrong. Maybe even evil. Shit happens.
>>
>>2134750
I can't imagine a 500 year old nation built on immigration having much of an identity like that.

The liberty thing is pretty dope though.
>>
>>2134786
the liberty thing cuts both ways.
For example we have the freedom to burn korans or crosses or bibles in our front yards, but good luck getting a job if you decide to exercise that freedom.

You're free to say pretty much anything here, but other people are free to hate and exclude you for it.
>>
>>2134790
It would be easy to dismiss that as "what goes around comes around". Basic good manners.

But I know it's more complicated.
>>
>>2134726
You're trying too hard, bud.

If you aren't baiting then you are underage.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>2134791
ultimately it just means money buys liberty here.

which is a pretty common situation I think.
>>
>>2134786
Wild west, liberty, rock and hollywood is something americunts could identify with. For some reason I don't see people gloryfying cowboys, music and movies that much. Only muh freedums. I think even civil war gets more glory than cowboys, even though wild west was something really unique to USA, while similar battles and maybe equipment were at the same time in Europe when Napoleon attacked Russia, British were having some clashes in Africa or something etc. Maybe forces in civil war in USA were more mobile than European forces at that time so you could say about some innovation in warfare.

>>2134790
That's how it should work. You can both talk shit and not tolerate talking shit. Problem really starts only when one side is too big compared to other, the smaller group has no one to go and is forced into corner. And you can expect various stuff from animals and people in the corner, ranging from covering in fear to attacking. That's why I find political correctness cancerous. I don't see anything bad in people living in places with common people. Like, let's say some states would be drastically left wing and others right wing. Some would be racist, some would be melting pot. Some would like X food, some would like something different.
>>
>>2134794
>the smaller group has no one to go and is forced into corner
you hit the nail on the head.
society forces people to conform. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's terrible.

either way you can't really call it liberty. It makes little difference if it's the government forcing you to behave a certain way or your neighbors.
>>
>only eating rabbit or horse in an economic crisis
philistine
>>
File: 1810001.jpg (4MB, 2097x9554px) Image search: [Google]
1810001.jpg
4MB, 2097x9554px
>>2134800
It isn't good or bad in grand scheme. Good and bad is subjective. I'm talking about balance being good from perspective of normal citizen who values freedom, peace in my own nieghbourhood, while being taught that killing your own people is bad. And ofc killing, war etc brings risk of being killed. I like my life. So to meet all the requirements, balance is key in this situation.

But as citizen of country A I don't care if country B will be burnt in flames and drowned in blood of civil war. How does it affect me or you that tribes in africa are killing each other on daily basis? Most people don't care. The only people who care are people who actually go there to dig wells, teach them and set up some kind of healthcare. There were wars in the middle east for few decades already, to the point people took it as something normal. We only started to care when they actually started to mass migrate here, and even then we took it as something bad because obviously it doesn't really work and everywhere they go you see crime, loiter, rape and occassional act of terror.

But in grand scheme of things? Universe doesn't care if some country or race will cease to exist. How many animal species disappeared without humans activity? How many countries, nations, or even civilizations got conquered and eradicated, swallowed by bigger civilizations etc? Species and powers come and go. Rules of nature with competition and adaptation still are in power and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon.
>>
>>2134810
>I don't care
I'm not sure that this is true. Only with someone who is ignorant. You know that it would be better if these countries were doing alright, and wouldn't be spilling their problems god knows how far. Of course it is almost impossible, sometimes even counterproductive, to try and solve things from outside. Sometimes there even needs to be a cathartic experience for the people to move on to something new (so perhaps nuclear war in the Middle East).

What I'm saying, is that it is in your immediate interest that your neighbor is doing fine and not going insane.
>>
>>2134481
I understand your point, I'm just saying most the people here saying they would eat dog are just trying to sound edgy, not everyone. Also I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with meat if the process was more humane (though I'd probably still not eat it), almost all farms are incredibly cruel, and those that are not still eventually send their animals to a slaughter house sentencing them to a death often far more violent and sometimes drawn out then they would have you believe.

also since this thread is talking about veganism not just vegetarianism I'd like to point out that I believe the dairy industry to be one of the cruelest things in existence, If I ate meat I would still refuse dairy.
>>
>>2134806
Rabbit tastes great. I don't know why more people don't eat it.

Never did care for duck.
>>
>>2134226
Rabbit is unusual to eat, but it has gone way out of fashion in recent decades. I've only eaten rabbit once in my life.
>>
>>2134836
*isn't unusual
>>
My line is drawn on sentience.
Cats are retarded, but do have some self awareness. Dogs are fully self aware, the most intelligent quadrupeds in the world.
A fucking chicken has barely even got a brain, and can even live without most of it. It's not even remotely intelligent or self aware, it probably doesn't even feel pain in the way we do. It's more like an insect, just a mindless machine wandering around eating and shitting.
You can cut a huge hole in a cow's stomach to look into it and the cow doesn't care. A goat or lamb can be branded or tagged or whatever and it will just pretend it didn't happen. Rabbits are short lived and reproduce rapidly, so a rabbit's life is worth next to nothing. Hell, they're vermin in many places.

But if all else fails just stick to the old eyebrow rule. If it has eyebrows it's off the menu.
>>
>>2134819
>I don't know why more people don't eat it
It's not sold in all big chain grocery stores.
>>
>>2134819
Duck is greasy shit meat. I guess it's really okay, but I'm not a huge fan.
>>
I'd eat all of them if they were bred for food and not domesticated animals. It's only how we're conditioned to feel like some animals have a right not to be a part of our food chain whilst others do, the only determining factor is whether they are common household pets or farm animals.
This isn't an apologist post for crazy chinks who go around stealing peoples' pets to eat btw
>>
>>2134840
Also this, but I suspect probably some animals like pigs that we kill have sentience too and it doesn't really bother us.
Sentience is an important factor but something we probably betray a LOT of the time.
>>
File: Lapin-a-la-Moutarde.jpg (38KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lapin-a-la-Moutarde.jpg
38KB, 350x250px
>>2134220
>not eating rabbit with dijon mustard
Rabbit is regular day in France.
You can find horse in supermarket but it's considered subpar meat.
>>
>>2134444
This.
People keep rabbits, pot bellied pigs, and chickens all the time as pets as opposed to having them on a farm, and just because they are edible, most of those pet owners will never eat them, even if they die.
And on that same note, some won't stop eating such foods from the store even after having said pets.

>know a friend of the family who keeps a pot bellied pig named Cobbs
>invited over to home many years ago
>cooked bacon for us one morning
>made a comment about it and having a pig n the house
>he said "it's not MY pig, so don't worry about it, she sure doesn't"
>>
>>2134226
Not weird, just not really worth the effort.
>>
>>2134443
I'd eat dog because dog favouritism just pisses me off, if you eat smarter animals then you can eat a fucking dog too.
>>
>>2134226
I have both pet a rabbit, and ate rabbit meat...
It is tasty but it feels wrong inside, same with duck, maybe because I am not used to the flavor.

Fun fact: Eating rabbit meat is SUPER bad in case of starvation as its meat is too complex for our stomach to dissolve so it takes more energy to break it down, and without any other source of food it can cause terrible ill within a week. It is more of a luxury meal than a survival need.
>>
>>2134949
I only eat dumb animals
For example
I ate your mom's puss puss last night.
>>
>>2134962
>without any other source of food it can cause terrible ill within a week.
Isn't that because it's so fucking protein-dense though?
>>
>>2134491
Bacon is disgusting though
>>
Rabbits are fucking delicious. Haven't tried horse but I'd love to.

>>2134962
This is only because it's so lean, it's got nothing to do with rabbit specifically. The body needs to eat fat not just protein.
>>
>>2134497
Kill yourself commie
>>
>>2134867

Cats and dogs are apex predators, so of course we don't eat them. The rest of those animals are prey animals
>>
>>2134962
>Eating rabbit meat is SUPER bad in case of starvation

If you're starving and in the kind of survival situation where lean game is all that's available, eating rabbit will still keep you alive longer than nothing at all. It just won't prevent malnutrition as it's so lean, but the problem is the lack of dietary fat and that's still going to occur if you just go ahead and starve.
>>
Thid ad is deceptive, 7 animals should be condensed to 2 and others like goat should be added.

Dogs are companion animals and dog and cat tastes terrible.
>>
>>2134259
Horse sashimi is better
>>
>>2134444
I love my chickens, they are so qt and funny plus the eggs I get tasty as fuck.
But fuck me I fucking love fried chicken, I'd eat that shit for the rest of my life if it had too.
>>
>>2134745
Kek wolves do not have preference.
Think about it would you rather spend all day chasing a deer and not catching it or walzing into a back yard and having your dinner run up barking to you.

Wolves and big cats kill dogs because it is easy and they are plentiful.
>>
>>2134840
Dogs and cats are not self aware of sentient, they can do amazing things but they are not self aware or sentient.
The only sentient species on Earth is Humans, thats why it is just a big deal and dream to find other sentient life in the universe but at best we will probably just find bacteria.

As for self aware there are few animals that are self aware like Great apes and Magpies.
Dog are not on this list.
>>
>>2134962
You're a retard. It's because the meat is lean and has little fat. One exploring party was starving themselves to death on it, that's why people make such a big deal of it.
>>
>>2134226
I haven't ever eaten rabbit but my dad says it's like chicken lacking taste if it's from a farm but it has a gamy taste if it's wild. My guess then would be that it tastes like pheasant if it's wild.
>>
>>2134226
rabbit meat is shit
dry and smelly, ew
>>
>>2134220
swap the rabbit and horse if you ask me
>>
File: 1438807949249[1].jpg (26KB, 600x375px)
1438807949249[1].jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>2134684
>Btw, im a wolf spirit on the inside.
>>
>>2134220
>Apocalyptic line

Everyones always told me they would eat their dog in an apocalypse scenario, but I always found that to be kind of a stupid idea. Dogs are one of the most useful animals that we domesticated to work side by side with us, and have always done their job well. Why not keep your dog in the apocalypse and use it to protect you and hunt with you? I wouldn't eat it unless there was absolutely NO other means of food around and I was literally about to die. Though, even in a circumstance like that, I might try to find a way to kill myself first.
>>
>>2135074
you're dad is a bicth
>>
>>2135020
Dogs are about as sentient as chimps. They don't have the same problem solving skills, obviously, but they do have self awareness.
>>
>>2135341
>Dogs are about as sentient as chimps.
>literally hundreds of studies demonstrating sentience in chimps
>only one anecdote claiming sentience in dogs, which has never been repeated.

science doesn't agree.
>>
File: tumblr_o67wd17UnB1uhzeg2o1_500.jpg (42KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o67wd17UnB1uhzeg2o1_500.jpg
42KB, 500x337px
>>2134840
today we see a man on the animals and nature board who knows nothing about animals other than the ones he finds cute
>>
>>2134220

I'm Chinese. We consider offal meats a delicacy and would eat the rarest of animals even once.

The only line I personally draw at is at balut. Because I cannot justify eating an almost fully-formed duckling in an egg.

Yes I'd eat a duckling rather than balut.
>>
>>2135020

To add, humans don't even become sentient until their about 5-6 anyways.
>>
>>2134220
I wouldn't eat anything I currently have as a pet. It's not like they'd know, but I would. That said, I doubt I'd eat dog or cat more than once. They apparently aren't too palatable.

I love basashi and rabbit with a passion, though.
>>
hey that billboard doesn't have a picture of a baby on the far right
>>
>>2134220
Implying any vegan is hot enough to ignore their ideology.
>>
>>2134220
>Where do you draw the line, /an/?

- human nervous system tissue because prions
- bushmeat because AIDS
- a lot of raw stuff from questionable sources because parasites
>>
File: image.jpg (565KB, 1626x2005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565KB, 1626x2005px
Anything that isn't toxic. And like that other anon said, no human nerve tissue, because prions are fucking scary. Other than that I will try anything once, except maybe dog (on account of how much I love my puppy (pic related))
>>
>>2136420
>>2136080
you don't just randomly get prions from like non jungle tribal people, fyi.
>>
>>2134423
Lamb is uncommon?

I had no idea. There are more sheep than people in my country, so we eat them plenty.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

:^)
>>
>>2134220
If there are alternatives available I draw the line. Moral opportunism I guess? I.e. if there's a more moral option then take it.
>>
>>2136080
the cysts come from eating egg infested shit, not clean raw pork.
>>
>>2135264
I'd eat one of them because he's old and needs medication and he'd be a burden in the apocalypse. He's be lean and stringy, though, so it wouldn't be a great feed.

The other dog is a young active hunter and could prove useful both with catching things and with carrying/pulling weight.
>>
File: 1464553115014.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1464553115014.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
I don't draw it anymore.

I know I can't stop others from eating meat, and I'm not going to be the kind of self-righteous asshole that'll try, but I can't fucking do it anymore.

At least the nightmares have stopped.
>>
>>2134259
i've seen what horse people pump into their animals, i'd eat a wild mustang no problem but no auction house shit
>>
>>2136446
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
>appropriately planned vegetarian diets
>appropriately planned
I believe that's the important part here.
>>
The line is drawn when a human is being hurt directly. (Not just butthurt about someone else eating meat.)

A cow can be a pet. Don't eat someone's cow. It is their companion and they share a bond with it and if you hurt their pet, you hurt them.

A cow can be livestock with no ties to a human. Have a steak.

Same applies for dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, chickens, lambs, wtf-ever else. It's not about species. It's about their relationship to a human.

That is the correct answer.
>>
>>2136434
>you don't just randomly get prions from like non jungle tribal people, fyi.
Prions occur randomly, the problem with eating people is that you're potentially ingesting prions that took so long to become established that the original host would have died before they affected them and giving them a whole new body to multiply in. It's probably not as risky as eating members of an established cannibal tribe but it's not totally safe either from a prion perspective.
>>
>>2136434
Dude, prions can be transmitted from eating grass that grew where shit died.
>>
>>2136806
>but it's not totally safe either from a prion perspective.

No mammal is totally safe from a prion perspective. It's weird when people wisely bring up prion diseases as an argument against cannibalism, and then go eat a store-bought burger. Prion diseases are rare across all known species they occur it, but they can spontaneously arise in cows, deer and sheep too, and most meat animals are slaughtered long before they would become symptomatic, meaning infected meat is never going to be flagged until your brain is unfolding some twenty years later.

It doesn't stop me eating meat, but really, if prion diseases shit you up that badly, it's weird to continue chomping on other known vectors.
>>
>>2134369
Horse sausage isn't uncommon in Europe.
It's not really that great compared to other meat.
Most likely since they're made from old work or race horses.
If you bred horses for meat it would probably be better.
>>
>>2134334
Dogs and cats are actual useful work animals.
Same with horses, but when they get to old they can be slaughtered for meat
>>
>>2134684
>Btw, im a wolf spirit on the inside.
Oh shut up..
>>
>>2134240
I dont think I could ever give up burgers or my grandma's rabbit stew.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.