[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We rescued a dog - advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (281KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281KB, 1632x1224px
So, my sister found this puppy thrown away in a box at her workplace's dumpster. She brought it home because no way would we leave a dog to starve in a box.

He has fleas and a hernia (I'll post pics of the hernia next) but he is strangely gentle and has enjoyed playing with or Maltese (who loves him too) and enjoys sitting in people's laps and licking them. What I want to know:

Why do you think this dog was thrown away?
What breed/mix do you think he is?
What should we do to make sure he's healthy (vet already accounted for)?
>>
File: image.jpg (349KB, 1224x1487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349KB, 1224x1487px
His umbilical hernia
>>
>Why do you think this dog was thrown away?
Because people are idiots who don't spay or neuter their pets and then when they finally end up with puppies, instead of making a trip to the shelter would much rather just dump them in the garbage next door.

Good on you for helping the pup. Just keep taking care of him until you get him checked out.
>>
>>2125754
either this, or they impulse-buy a cute puppy, and then they realize that puppies will inevitably shit in your house, bite you and ruin your possessions and dump them.

as for the breed/mix, it's a bit early to tell, also your pics don't give good indication of paw size. if he has large paws he could be a rottie mix.
>>
File: pupper.jpg (30KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
pupper.jpg
30KB, 640x632px
Here he is looking at the camera.
We scheduled a vet appointment for tomorrow.

>>2125761
I thought the markings looked like a rottie or doberman too, but his ears and tail look very beagle-like. Maybe a mix of two of those
>>
>Why do you think this dog was thrown away?

Because people are assholes, that's why.
>>
Pups have to be nearing their teenage years to be able to tell their breed.
>>
>>2125770
looks like maybe min pin/beagle mix or something. can't really tell as of now though. try again in 6 or 9 months
>>
Okay, here's a new problem - he pees CONSTANTLY. Like, he'll be playing with our other dog and every five minutes or so he'll stop to piss on the carpet or blanket or whatever's on the floor at the moment. It's almost nonstop, I don't understand how he has this much urine in him.
He's also teething and can't go two seconds without having something in his mouth, be it shoes, toys, or hands. When he bites people we give him a pop on the nose.
Is there anything better we can do to train him? I know it's only been a day, but I've cleaned up 18 spots of piss today and now he's in a crate.
>>
>>2125942
Could be a urinary tract issue. Could just be a puppers. Get him to a vet to rule out anything like a UTI.

Second, get him a nylabone. They make special ones for teething puppies.
>>
Bump

Also, bless you, OP.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.