[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Domestic Coyote ownership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 14

File: hashtag_adorbs.png (1MB, 892x817px) Image search: [Google]
hashtag_adorbs.png
1MB, 892x817px
I'm thinking of owning a coyote and I'd like to hear about /an/'s experiences with such a project.

I know it's become somewhat of a new trend to take wounded, injured, rehabbed coyotes and adopt them as you would a dog (with the proper attention of course). I have an opportunity to take ownership of a ~2yr old coyote that got trapped in a chicken coop a month ago. By all accounts the people who to this day have the coyote think it's done a reasonable job of adapting and even befriending their dog (not the cat though).

tldr; I want to buy this coyote off these people and raise him as a dog. Any advice?

>I'm 33
>1 kid (50/50 custody)
>1 dog (coonhound)
>1 cat (mixed)
>live on a 2 acre lot in Southern California.
>>
Also...

>will it try to mate with my female coonhound?
>name suggestions pls.
>>
>>2123747
I wouldn't ever let it near the cat or your kid, unless your kid is old enough to take explicit directions from you and knows how to read canine body language.
>>
It will be skittish, maybe scared enough to aggression, will kill your cat if left alone with it,band may never trust or bond to you. Might even be tough to get it to behave with your dog. If you really want a coyote your very best chance is getting a young pup. Actually I think getting a wolf or fox pup would be slightly better dude (but they're all shit pets)

You can't keep it inside or it will pee and destroy everything. Think of it as being in a zoo, not your companion, especially an adult. I don't know if neutering would help
>>
>>2123748
Better get one of them fixed at least
>>
it will kill and eat your cat if not your child. how high is your fence? that's not high enough for the size of your lot to be relevant.
>>
Not only is this illegal as fuck but also incredibly retarded. Even the people who are legally permitted to own and breed coyotes, you can hardly trust a ton of domestic breeds around cats let alone a fucking coyote.

Getting one as a pup is even one thing but introducing an entirely wild, adult coyote into your household is probably one of the most stupid, ill-informed things I have ever read on /an/ during this long years. Congrats, OP.
>>
>>2123755

Well I'll report back next week. Picking up the Coyote tomorrow.
>>
>>2123747
Why though?
It's illegal as fuck, not going to be a good pet, and expensive. And for what? So you can feel special because you have a cool pet instead of a dog?
>>
Please check the catalog for coyote ownership threads before posting a new one.

>>2112750
>>
>>2123755
>>2123775

Hey i'm rescuing an animal with good intention in my heart.
>>
Theres already a thread up detailing how stupid it would be.
>>
>>2123783
Rescuing it from what? The wild? a place where a wild animal belongs?
>>
>>2123791
>/an/ is a slow, small board
>Assuming this isn't just the same person
>>
>>2123783
You should contact a wildlife rehab about trying to actually release it then, if your intentions are doing what's best for it.
>>
>>2123793
I thought as much but just in case.
>>
>>2123793
I made the old coyote thread, but not this one.
>>
OMG, gimme more. I want to read about this retarded drama. OP, you are an idiot and I am very much looking forward to your horror stories.
>>
>x amount of people tell OP why x is a bad idea
>OP does it anyway
>/an/ in a nutshell

I'll see you guys soon in the inevitable, terrible update.
>>
File: op.jpg (100KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
100KB, 1058x705px
rip
>>
Op here. Sorry I didn't see the other thread.
I thought for sure I would be the only person talking about this for some reason.
Now having looked through the other thread, and how it spiraled out of control, I would not have started this one.
I thought I would get some support from this thread, but it's almost like /b/ or /pol/.
>>
Keep in mind at the very least you will never be able to have it around your cat or kid.

If it bites your kid (which it will if they are toghether, coyotes don't like strangers and will fear bite or bite out of aggression), you will likely lose custody, have the coyote taken away and euthanized, and possibly be brought up on charges.
>>
If you do it anyway though, please give /an/ updates if anything terrible that happens, we don't get enough interesting shit going on here.
>>
>>2123909
Why should anyone support you? It's a dumb idea.
It's not a good situation for the animal.
>>
>>2123909
>I thought I would get some support from this thread
your type are usually either special snowflakes who will treat the animal like shit when they realize it's hard work and nobody cares,
or
furfags that will abuse the animal.

the few competent sorts who actually want a coyote around and who not only can care for it properly but also won't abuse it are not going to make threads about it on 4chan.

they'd just do it and make damn sure nobody ever finds out. That's not you.
>>
>kid
>coyote
Out of fucking question. Are you insane?
>>
>>2123928
>Are you insane?
the answer would seem self-evident.

seems like a good way to lose custody of the kid though.
>>
>>2123909
What reason would any of us to support you? Not only it is a wild animal fully capable of surviving on its own(as opposed to say, an abandoned pup or at the very least an injured adult) that has been forcefully taken from the wild, but what do you think you are gaining from this?
This isn't a dog. It will not protect you. It will cause your AMD the animalore harm than good. You cannot take it to a vet if it needs medical attention, you will be fined and the animal will be euthanized because you stupid fucks wouldn't leave it alone and you could very likely lose any custody you jave already of your poor decision of having a child. No one has gained anything from this situation. You didn't rescue anything. It would have been better off shot if it was just bothering people.

You are only disagreeing because you know you fucked up and have zero support for a stupid idea.

>a board dedicated to animals
>who would have thought anyone here would actually care about them
>>
>>2123930
You and the animal more harm*
I might be incredibly drunk but I am still right.
Again even if you absolutely HAD to have a coyote - there are people who are permitted to breed and sell coyotes which you may be able to obtain legally and ive even seen straight up coyote hybrids for adoptiom on petfinder for fucks sake.
Though doubtful since you are in Cali.
>>
>>2123909
> how it spiraled out of control
The thread was over in the first 5 posts. No, owning a coyote is not a good idea. It is a wild animal and can turn violent at any time. The only person that should raise a coyote is an animal expert that takes care of animals unable to live by themselves. You are not that kind of person.

That thread then was shitposted by a proclaimed "professor" that doesn't know how to read and claims for 100% certainty that humans descended from chimps despite all knowledge to the contrary of hybridization viability and not enough evidence of the CHLCA(or the lack thereof).

So /thread?
>>
>>2123940
>that humans descended from chimps despite all knowledge to the contrary
says the guy that brought up Pan prior.

what genus is Pan again?
ohhhhh.

you're fun when you're drunk.
>>
That poor cat.
Why do you want to kill your kitty.
>>
>>2123946
>i can just train a wild animal to not obey it's killing instincts. it's just like a dog, right? you just say no in a firm voice.
>>
>>2123947
>become the alpha male
>roll and bite his ear
>>
>>2123944
>says the guy that brought up Pan prior.
It has no name as there isn't enough evidence to support either way. Calling it "pan prior" requires massive jumps of assumptions and guesses. The tribe of pan instead of hominini, again, changes on which you choose to blindly believe.

>what genus is Pan again?
Uh, genus of pan is pan?

Do you mean family? Cus that would be the hominids, aka, Great Apes. Order of primates.
Chimp =/= human.
Chimps are "apes" as are humans. however

In the same way a dog isn't a coyote but both or canis.

Humans might be pan, humans might not be pan. To say either way is 100% certain requires blind faith.This isn't a hard concept to grasp and I understand the concept of theory. You will find just as much evidence supporting either.

As it is, CHLCA is a concept, not a specific species.

I'm not going to have this argument again. If people don't understand why it's literally impossible to say with remotely any certainty what our common ancestor was they need to do some more research. It would be like saying "aliens did it".They totally could have. All we have is data with very weak correlation.
>>
>>2123979
>it's literally impossible to say with remotely any certainty what our common ancestor was
over half of the taxonomists in the world disagree with you.

Pan prior was a chimp

are you smarter than over half of the taxonomists in the world, anon?
>I'm not going to have this argument again
you very literally brought it up yourself in a completely unrelated thread.

you're an idiot, but at least you're MY idiot.
>>
>>2123914
Yes please this
>>
>>2123981
>over half of the taxonomist
so saying "over half" instead of something like 2/3rds implies at least 40% say otherwise.

That's... a pretty large number to completely dismiss. And if taxonomists are as dumb as you are then strength in numbers isn't proof.(as if it were anyways)

>you're an idiot, but at least you're MY idiot.
No, you're just a faggot that knows considerably less than you think you do,

And out. Here's a cute crazy girl for people to look at.
>>
>>2123986
>"over half" instead of something like 2/3rds implies at least 40% say otherwise.
it implies I don't have any actual data but I'm certain well over half would agree.

maybe even all of them since it's become apparent that the human split from chimps involved repeated returns to mate again over millions of years, making humans the hybrid offspring of chimps and whatever our MRCA is.
> if taxonomists are as dumb as you are then strength in numbers isn't proof.(as if it were anyways)
dunning kruger effect
>And out.
I hope so, but I doubt it.
>>
>>2123986
>Here's a cute crazy girl for people to look at
given your inability to recognize chimps and coywolves I'm pretty sure that's not a girl.
>>
>>2123981
>pan prior was a chimp
That's a pretty bullshit claim for an animal that we haven't ever seen. It is also equally bullshit to classify the human-chimp ancestor under Pan while also having humans under Homo. If what you claim is true, then Pan is a junior synonym and chimps should be moved under Homo as Homo troglodytes and Homo paniscus (with massive changes to hominid taxonomy as a consequence).

Of course, nobody does this because we have no evidence whether the human-chimp ancestor can be classified under Pan. But I agree that it was probably a chimp in the "small dickwad ape" sense.
>>
>>2123993
>I agree that it was probably a chimp in the "small dickwad ape" sense.
and that's really the only sense in which taxonomists would propose it.

it wasn't a modern chimp, it certainly isn't alive today. But if it was we'd call it a chimp. It'd be classified under Pan.

We don't need to synonymize Pan though. We can use the rule for domesticated animals. If we consider humans domesticated animals the genus can stand. Not that anyone really has a problem with abandoning Pan though. As far as I know we keep it around for the Christians.

and for whatever that fuck that brought it up is. He seems pretty pissed at the idea that humans ascended from chimps.
>>
>>2123999
>It'd be classified under Pan
300 years ago, sure, but nowadays we'd call it Protopanides or something to save a lot of headache.
>>
>>2124004
"Pan prior" didn't meet with any real resistance. It's quite recent.

Evolutionists are pretty comfortable with the knowledge that we evolved from chimps.
>>
>>2124009
Oh, I don't mean the headache involved in dealing with evolution deniers. That's constant and unavoidable. What I mean is that it's easier to give ancestral taxa their own genera so that you don't need to reclassify all their descendants accordingly.

But yeah, I guess you could also make it work if you raise subgenus Homo/subgenus Pan (under the new Homo) to their own genera and call it a day.
>>
>>2124009
>dumbass continues to make everything up without providing any sources ever.

God damnit. You are a master troll.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18337768?dopt=Abstract

You even acknowledged this source before. No one should believe a word you say. You're a liar, through and through.
>>
>>2124014
>I guess you could also make it work if you raise subgenus Homo/subgenus Pan (under the new Homo) to their own genera and call it a day.
It's a problem that will probably never have to be dealt with since "Pan prior" fossils would be indistinguishable from modern Pan.

It's possible we've already found it, there's no way to know.
>>
>>2124016
>You even acknowledged this source before.
one study (for or against) doesn't reflect how widely an idea is accepted.

for every study saying A there will be at least one saying not A. That's how science works.

you don't actually read science so you don't understand that. Sadly.
>>
>>2124016
also you might delete that pic.

I enjoy arguing with you, I'd hate to see you banned over some stupid blueboard violation.
>>
>>2124018
>one study (for or against) doesn't reflect how widely an idea is accepted.
Oh, like the one and only study done that supports your idea?

huehuehuehue

But I'm sure your no sources and make shit up all the time style of research is best research.
>>
>>2124017
That's wrong, because chimp fossils are very rare and would be big discoveries. Do you know anyone who would find a rare and big discovery and resist the urge to describe it under a new taxon? I didn't think so.

Also, the oldest known chimp fossils are still much more recent than the human/chimp divide, so there's no chance that we came across that ancestor and thought it to be a modern chimp.
>>
>>2124022
>like the one and only study done that supports your idea?
well if the number of studies indicates support we're at 1 to 1.

meaning a 50/50 split before I even bother looking for other articles supporting "Pan prior."

how many do you think I'd find if I looked? Honestly curious what you expect?

because I'm pretty sure I'd find more than one.
>>
>>2124023
>Do you know anyone who would find a rare and big discovery and resist the urge to describe it under a new taxon? I didn't think so.
assuming it was recognized as a new taxon....
>the oldest known chimp fossils are still much more recent than the human/chimp divide
maybe.
two very different dating methods being used.

If I was looking for "Pan prior" I'd probably start with basal Homo though. Again we expect the MRCA to be indistinguishable from Pan. And we expect basal humans to be chimps.
>>
OP, if you're gonna do this be prepared for a LOT of hard work. I love coyotes (one of my favorite animals) and know a lot about them, but I don't think I'd ever seek out owning one as a pet.

You won't be able to trust the coyote around your cat. Even if they seem to interact fine, you will ALWAYS need to be paying attention (the coyote's prey drive could be triggered at any time) and you should NEVER leave them alone together. Same goes for your kid, especially if he's very young or small. I'm not trying to say that coyotes are horribly vicious and secretly malevolent. They're just wild animals, which means they have stronger "wild" instincts that make them ill-suited for living in a human home.

That said, here are some more things to keep in mind:

Yes, a male coyote may try to mate with your female dog. Interbreeding between dogs and coyotes happens even in the wild. It's not super common but it's not incredibly rare, either. So it's better to be safe than sorry--get at least one of them fixed.

Coyotes are very shy and skittish by nature, and are extremely neophobic (afraid of new things,) especially concerning people. I'm sure you've seen shy or scared dogs. Multiply the intensity of that behavior by a fuckton. You will not be able to train them out of this--it's just how they are.

This means that--while your coyote will grow comfortable and happy with you and develop a bond with you--you can expect to not be able to bring your coyote places where there will be people. You can expect very intense fear reactions when/if your coyote meets strangers or visitors come to your house (even if the coyote has seen them before)--cowering, growling, fear-related aggression, fear-related destructiveness, etc. You will need to have a way to deal with this, and adjust your lifestyle accordingly--friends might not be able to come over as much, and you will need to have safe, quiet, and secure containment for the coyote for when people do come over.

(cont. in next post)
>>
(cont. from >>2124029)

Considering your kid is only with you 50% of the time, your coyote very likely will never become familiar enough with him to be comfortable with him. So for the safety of your kid AND the coyote, you’d need to make arrangements for the coyote to live comfortably and without extreme stress or fear while your kid is with you. This likely means some form of outdoor containment.

Outdoor containment will need to include a lot of safeguards to prevent escape (a regular privacy fence just ain’t gonna cut it.) Dig guards, tall lean-in fencing, etc. It should also include shelter, lots of places to hide or be comfy, and a lot of enrichment (things to climb on, sniff out, play with, etc.) It takes a lot to provide proper stimulation for a wild animal, so be prepared for things to be expensive and time-consuming in order to give this animal what he needs.

Coyotes are also very clever and adaptable (and oftentimes stubborn,) so you’ll often find yourself spending a lot of time thinking things through to outsmart your coyote--in order to keep him safe and your things intact. Being very clever and adaptable also means they bore easily, and a bored coyote is an especially destructive and upset one.

Coyotes are very mouthy and nippy by nature, so careful attention to training good bite inhibition will be important.

(cont. again)
>>
(cont. from >>2124031)

As far as training, be prepared for much more work than you’d need to do for a dog. As mentioned earlier, a coyote’s wild instincts are much stronger than that of a dog (since it lacks thousands of years of domestication in order to be suited to living with humans.) That means bad habits (read: behaviors inconsistent with living among humans) will be a lot harder to break. A coyote is naturally prone to behaviors that we would describe as destructive, with an intensity normal dogs don’t have. Digging up your floors, chewing through walls, and making a racket at 2am are all things you should expect.

A strong focus on positive reinforcement, a TON of time, and perfect consistency will be necessary. Careful effort and lots of time will need to be taken to redirect “destructive” behaviors onto other, more appropriate outlets.

Also, read up on counterconditioning—you’ll need to do a lot of this to accommodate your coyote to new things. While you CAN train your coyote to be LESS fearful of certain things, you won’t be able to train it out entirely, and for EVERY new thing he encounters (and might be afraid of) you’ll have to start the grueling process all over again. Avoid flooding him at all costs, as this will trigger even more extreme fear and reactivity.

Another thing to think about is vet care. You’ll need to find a vet willing to work with wild canines. You’ll also need to do extensive training to get your coyote to tolerate a muzzle because you WILL need it at the vet. The vet is full of strange people, animals, environment etc. and it’s very overwhelming even for a lot of domestic dogs—now imagine how this will be with a wild animal who is terrified of new things and is easily overstimulated, whose reactions are far more intense than domestic dogs. Freaking out, peeing everywhere, biting, and screaming, are things you may experience even during a simple routine visit for vaccination

(cont. again...)
>>
>>2124027
Except that basal hominids are very much distinguishable from chimps.

So yeah, the human-chimp ancestor was probably not a Pan but still was still a chimp in "forest-dwelling asshole" sense, just like how the dog-fox ancestor was probably not a Canis but was still a dog in the "small yappy thing" sense.
>>
(cont. from >>2124033)

I mentioned it a bit before but it begs repeating: Coyotes, being wild animals, have very strong prey drives. So they shouldn’t be allowed to interact with small animals or children. Be very careful or someone will get hurt.

In conclusion: This project is one that will require an incredible amount of patience, time, hard work, and understanding, not to mention money.

Coyotes are overall very intense animals and, as with all wild animals, will have very particular needs. It will be your responsibility to provide this animal with what he needs to live a happy and healthy life with you, with adequate exercise, stimulation, and enrichment, and with as little stress as possible. This means that it is your job to change your lifestyle to accommodate your coyote’s needs. Being a wild animal, this may involve quite considerable adjustment on your part.

Hopefully you made it through my walls of text because that's only a fraction of the patience required to own a 'yote.

Given all that, if you really feel like you’re able and willing to provide proper care for such an animal, go for it. Though it certainly takes a very particular sort of person, an animal like this can be a rewarding pet/companion for the right person. I feel that as long as someone has the means to care for it right, owning one is ok in my book.

And finally, if you do choose to go through with this, I’d love to see pictures and updates about him on /an/ in the future. If nothing else, it is certainly interesting.
>>
>>2124036
I appreciate what you're doing but he can't legally own a coyote where he lives so most of this is moot.
>>
>>2124034
the ancestor would be either Pan or Homo, and it would look more like Pan than Homo.

Either chimps descended from humans or humans descended from chimps. Call it whichever way you like, but I can tell you which one the taxonomists prefer.
>>
>>2124038
I don't know where OP lives, so I don't know if he can legally own one or not.

That said, he might not care of it's legal or not, and in that case if he's gonna go through with it anyways, I'd rather he at least know what to expect/be prepared to properly care for the animal.
>>
>>2123747
OP you're living in a state that bans Ferrets, an animal that's been domesticated and available as a pet for over a thousand years.

And you're trying to get a wild animal as a pet in this place.
>>
>>2124041
yeah, I can see that.
but since it's illegal he probably won't be taking it to a vet or letting it outside where his neighbors can report it.

this will be one very abused coyote.
>>
>>2124040
>the ancestor would be either Pan or Homo
That is a definition-based dilemma that is solved by the common practice of giving extinct species their own genera. Which is, in all likelihood, what would be done here.

If we found the ancestor and it looked like a chimp, we'd still call it something else because it's still neither a modern human nor a modern chimp. This is done so that we can say Pan and Homo were derived from Panoides (or whatever) instead of saying "Pan and Homo were derived from Pan, but we're keeping Homo because reasons" (though we'd actually keep Homo and remove Pan because of name seniority).

If I found that thing (fat chance), I'd name it Panprior just to give the middle finger to that Pan prior guy.
>>
>>2124046
this is already somewhat resolved with tribe Hominini.

the MRCA would be a "homininian" as are humans and chimps. The basal homininian.

but since Pan is presumed to be older than Homo based on genetic evidence the real resolution is to say Pan was here first, Homo evolved from it.
>I'd name it Panprior just to give the middle finger to that Pan prior guy.
kek
taxonomists far and wide would toast your name with Romulan Ale.
>>
>>2124029
>>2124031
>>2124033
>>2124036
Can I have your love child
>>
>>2124046
>we'd actually keep Homo and remove Pan because of name seniority
it's not actually a problem since Homo would be part of any clade Pan but Pan wouldn't be part of any clade Homo...

so there's no need to synonymize assuming humans descended from chimps.

If we did synonymize we could keep the junior synonym with a simple appeal saying it's in popular use.

this happened recently with Allosaurus fragilis. It was found to be a junior synonym of Antrodemus valens, so instead of changing Allosaurus to Antrodemus (Brontosaurus to Apatasaurus?) there was a simple appeal to the powers that be and the senior synonym was rejected.

it can happen.
>>
This is a thread about wild canids. Can we stop the fucking ape chat. Take that shit somewhere else.
>>
>>2124059
so you're fine with racist /pol/ crap in every thread but a little discussion of evolution pisses you off?

go fuck yourself.
Literally stick a dick in your every hole.
>>
Op here.
I won't go into a lot of details but let's just say I will be returning the coyote ("Romo") back to the family I bought it from. I don't expect them to give me my $65 back but I don't blame them.

Long story short, Romo was only interested in ways to get to my cat and/or pee in every corner.

I don't think he understood the concept of food/water bowls. Any instant I had food or water out, he was all over it. My dog mostly kept her distance and growled at him once.

Anyway, tl;dr - likely no house Coyote for me.
My daughter is kinda bummed but it's probably for the better.
>>
>>2124036

Op here - thanks for your thorough advice. It was very educational. I promise to post a pic of Romo with Lily (my daughter) as we make the return.
>>
File: C 000.jpg (91KB, 349x360px) Image search: [Google]
C 000.jpg
91KB, 349x360px
>>
File: C 001.jpg (39KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
C 001.jpg
39KB, 640x439px
>>
File: C 002.jpg (228KB, 959x280px) Image search: [Google]
C 002.jpg
228KB, 959x280px
You are planning to raise vermin?
>>
>>2125388
Honestly, what were you expecting? For a wild animal to act like a perfectly well-trained dog the same day you bring him home, without putting in any work?

Fuck's sake, the behavior you described would be something I'd expect even from a normal domestic dog who was untrained and that hadn't had time to adjust to a new home.

So yeah, if even that was "too much" for you--just a single day of "not a perfect dog"--and you don't have the patience to put the work in for this animal, then absolutely you should not try to have a coyote as a pet.

What the fuck did you expect? You were given good advice in this thread that gave you full warning that this wouldn't be easy and that it would take a lot of work. Then you act surprised that he wasn't the perfect housepet immediately after bringing him home. You're an idiot, OP, through and through.
>>
>>2125388

See I could have called you a fucking idiot before you got the coyote but you wouldnt have listened.
>>
>>2125388
>avoids all advice he gets
>does it anyways
>instantly regrets decision.

Congrats, you're a fucking retard. Who knows what other stupid shit you've done in your life but you will never ever learn. You will continue to do whatever you want for the rest of your life no matter how obviously retarded it is.

Because you're a retard.
>>
>>2125397
OP is a moron. The sad part is he already has a kid. A kid that is going to be just as fucking stupid as her father. Just a family of idiots that are incapable of making good decisions and lack any responsibility.
>>
>>2125388
I'm trying to not be hard on you because you at the least returned it, but why, OP?
Why did you ignore this whole entire thread of people telling you it was a bad idea if you couldn't handle one day of bad behavior?
Did you think the people telling you they can't be trained easily and need an outdoor enclosure to keep it from ruining your house were kidding?
Did you really think a wild animal is going to act just like a domestic dog?
I just don't understand.
>>
>>2125388
please go into as much detail as possible OP
>>
Why would anyone want a coyote? They are pests and dont even have a cool factor like wolves. Coyotes deserve to be kicked in the jaw
>>
>>2125921
People who have never lived in the country don't know what big pests they are.
>>
File: 2986024-1441340058722.png (58KB, 374x417px) Image search: [Google]
2986024-1441340058722.png
58KB, 374x417px
>>2125388
Everyone in the thread was saying the same thing?

Why did you even make this thread in the first place?
>>
File: 1460029578146.jpg (21KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1460029578146.jpg
21KB, 420x315px
>>2123909
Fuck em. Do it OP, post pics.
>>
>>2125397
>>2125399
>>2125906
>>2125908
>>2125926

Thanks for being a bunch of assholes. I feel bad for the other guy who made a coyote thread.
I try to rescue a coyote and merely ask for some advice and encouragement but instead I get 12yr olds who don't even know me, being critical of my decision making and questioning my parenting.

So what it didn't work out as planned? Big deal. Why do you get such satisfaction out of that? I'll never understand.

Do yo uthink I care about losing $65 and some piss-drenched rugs? I'm doing pretty nicely as a Cox field engineer. I don't need some teenaged yahoos pointing the finger at me.

Also, I'm on a waiting list to get a Savanah cat.
>>
>>2126050
>Also, I'm on a waiting list to get a Savanah cat.
literally lol'd out loud

if you're actually an engineer and not just an "engineer" then you should be aware we see this sort of thing often enough to predict the outcome.

all you're getting are 'I toldya so's' and damned if you didn't earn them. You fit the stereotype perfectly.
>>
>>2126050

YOUR A MORON! Who the fuck do you think you are? Whats next, your going to get a tiger?
>>
>>2126050

None of us care about your achievements.

However, you've been given information on how bad an idea it was to get a coyote as a housepet, disregarded most of it and went ahead to get a coyote that, to no one's surprise, acted like a wild animal.

4chan is swimming with assholes and you painted a big fat target on yourself.
>>
>>2126050
I'm about 99% certain this is not actually OP, but I'll bite.

You DID get advice, OP. Right now you're being criticized that "working out as planned" apparently meant you completely disregarded that advice and thought that a wild animal would be the perfect house pet on day one, without any time or effort on your part. That's all.
>>
Op's kid will get bit by an exotic pet and he still won't think it's his fault
>>
>>2123760
Good lord I'm actually hoping this isn't a troll post. Counting down the days till we see a "my cat got mauled by a coyote can't afford vet" thread.

Why the hell do people want to keep wild animals as pets anyway.
>>
File: funny-Good-Luck-Charlie-gif-Mia.gif (901KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
funny-Good-Luck-Charlie-gif-Mia.gif
901KB, 500x228px
>>2123815
>Why was my child mangled beyond recognition?
>Where did my cat go?
>>
>>2125395
I've raised rats and Dubia roaches, so I don't have any room to judge there...
>>
>>2123754
>>2123755
>>2123928
>>2123946
>>2126151
Don't listen to these doormats, OP. Russians domesticated bears, you'll be fine.
>>
>>2126050
>Get told it was a retarded idea by multiple people
>Do it anyways
>Ends up being a retarded idea
>Upset when people said they told you so

And 4chan is full of assholes? HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES. GET THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ON THIS ASAP. 4CHAN IS A WEBSITE FULL OF ASSHOLES.
>>
>>2126050
Holy shit you're retarded.

Just straight up, no doubts about it, retarded.

The worst part is you will blame other people and say they are being assholes. You're the reason the world is so shit. People like you that, again, do whatever they want no matter what advice they are given or for the safety of others. In your stupid little brain you're thinking "COOL I WANT A WILD ANIMAL DERRR" and blocked out any and all advice given to you.

Literally kill yourself. I'm not kidding. Just off yourself and your entire family. Any women dumb enough to be with an idiot like you has to be pretty fucking stupid herself and god knows when two stupid people breed they don't produce non-retarded offspring.
>>
>>2126167
> Russians domesticated bears
Yeah, russian bear trainers maybe.

There was a big cat sanctuary in the last city I lived in. They took in old circus or zoo animals to care for them. Lions, Tigers, emus, horses, bears, whatever. The place was great. The guy there trained two massive brown bears and would put on a show to get funds and donations.He was russian. I would go to that place all the time to draw the cats and bears (I'm an artist, yay) Once I went there on a very very slow day when no one else was there and the russian guy was like "Want to see bear close? ya?" and I was like "FUCK YES I DO". The guy liked me because I have a couple of russian artist friends living in moscow at the time.

It's one thing to see a bear in a zoo but to be close enough to pet it's freakishly huge head is eye-opening at how huge and scary those fuckers are.
>>
>>2126188

>literally kill yourself.

Op here. You just proved my point about the type of civil discourse that takes place here. You give 4chan a bad name.
>>
File: 1459768111214.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459768111214.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>2126050
>Tell you it's a bad idea and you're not equipped for it
>Turns out you weren't and the animal is returned anyway
>Get called an asshole
I hope the savanna cat kills your dog dickweed.
>>
>>2126347
You cannot be fucking serious. Give 4chan a bad name?

God damn fuck off you normie faggot. Go back to fucking Reddit or Tumblr if you want people to hugbox you for """""rescuing"""""" a wild animal.
>>
>>2126050
When you bring a wild animal into your home with a child then we have every right to question your parenting, you fucking retard.

And throwing around your qualifications, which are completely irrelevant to the conversation, just makes you seem like an utter douchebag, which you are. It has no bearing on the strength of your argument and only the most stuck up idiotic fucking college graduates use it.

Also given how fucking shit Cox is, a fucking clown taken straight off Wrangling Brothers could do a better job than you.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1334010540766.jpg (45KB, 496x446px) Image search: [Google]
1334010540766.jpg
45KB, 496x446px
>>2126347
>You give 4chan a bad name.
>>
>>2126388

Thank you oh wise oracle. You realize that you lose all credibility the moment you call someone a retard?
>>
>>2127051
Not him, but there are only so many ways to describe someone who will put a wild predator into a home where they keep their children.
>>
>>2127067
>didn't call him a facile and pusillanimous cretin.
you might be a retard if retard is the best you can do.
>>
>>2127067
How about "stupid fucking faggot"?
>>
>>2127051
> you lose all credibility the moment you call someone a retard?

Why? If he use idiot instead his post is valid then? I hope you and your family get cancer and die.
>>
>I want to show the world how special of a snowflake I am by attempting to tame a wild varmint! What could go wrong?
>>
>>2123783
Stupid excuse. You are doing it for yourself, not the animal.
>>
>>2123909
Your idea is stupid and irresponsible from any number of angles. 4chan is a brutal honesty space; if you have a stupid idea, we're going to tell you frankly.
>>
>>2123783
Road to Hell paved with
>>
File: 223tracer.jpg (130KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
223tracer.jpg
130KB, 800x520px
/k/ reporting in
It is my understanding that you have a domestic coyote problem and that you're worried about it eating your pets and children
I hear that coyotes respond very favorably to 5.56x45mm
>>
>>2128531
Thanks /k/. At this point, I feel we are trying to figure out what the OP would respond well to. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Uganda-bill.jpg (92KB, 665x450px) Image search: [Google]
Uganda-bill.jpg
92KB, 665x450px
>>2128536
>>
>>2126191

Goddamn, hope i get the chance to be safely up close to a bear or something
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.