[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultrasonic bark stoppers, whats good about them? Whats bad about them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1977.jpg (28KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
1977.jpg
28KB, 321x480px
Ultrasonic bark stoppers, whats good about them? Whats bad about them?
>>
>>2123366
With any sort of bark collar, you run the risk of teaching your dog to make noise in a fashion that the bark collar does not detect. usually extremely high pitched. So keep that in mind.

I know right now you think you can handle it, but think of how much your dog barks now, and change his voice to something so high and shrill that it stings your ears each time.
>>
>>2123407
My dog gets zapped to shit even if she squeals
>>
you're teaching your dog that one of their vital ways of communicating is bad and punishable, that's not good. spend the money on a trainer instead

>>2123408
>I want a pet, but not for that pet to act like an animal at all

and shock collars =/= ultrasonic collars
>>
>>2123435
sorry but if trainers were 60$ then maybe I would think about it.

also

>ways of communicating is bad and punishable
I see nothing wrong with this. Many children are taught not to speak in the presence of adults unless spoken to. No difference.
>>
Not OP but I have an issue with my dog barking and no training has gotten her out of it. Adopted her when she was 12, spent the first few months training her out of a lot of typical 'spoiled dog that was never walked/corrected' habits and she has long been perfect.. Except for her fucking barking. She will not stop unless you are there to tell her it's ok or shake a can of pennies. I at least got her to stop flipping the fuck out when cars go by but anyone just walking by, she barks and will not stop unless she knows that you know.
I even got fined because I went to the ER one night, and I guess someone walked by or she heard something outside the house at some point because when I came back two hours later I had the fine posted on my door.

I have her currently between houses(my place and my parent's). I usually drop her off when I go to work but I rather her stay here with me. I looked at a citrus spray collar here and there but is there a decent one? The reviews I saw had a lot of people saying their dog would get randomly sprayed for no reason, or when they yawned, etc. I am worried about getting in a position where she will be a huge nuisance to people with it or I move again. I'd never leave her behind, of course but I am trying not to have her annoy the shit out of people too.

Also if it matters, she is not skittish, nervous or clingy so I don't think its a nervous issue with her. She's an american eskimo, and it seems thats just what they do.
>>
>>2123366
>puts bark stopper on dog
>burglar breaks in
>dog wants to warn owner
>zipppp
>know what, fuck my owner
>guy get's raped by burglar
>>
>>2123448
>a $60 collar
it's not going to work then regardless, most of them are shit quality and will inaccurately punish them, and a lot just don't give a shit about the sound

>Many children are taught not to speak in the presence of adults unless spoken to. No difference.
are you from the 50s or something?
>>
>>2123448
Dude, a group obedience class is like 30 bucks a class, and it usually runs for about 6 classes. You will have paid for a third of the classes with the cost of the collar.
>>
>>2123448
>Many children are taught not to speak in the presence of adults unless spoken to. No difference.
>>
Its not a collar its a little birdhouse shaped thing that emits a high freqency sound when a dog barks more that once. I want to put it at the back door so our dogs dont bark so much when we leave for work.
>>
>>2123534
They'll just get used to it, or bark at it.

Just train your dogs, there's tons of youtube vids for it.
>>
I thought barking was a way dogs can say "back off" when they feel uncomfortable? If they can't do that, they would have to do the next tactic that doesn't make any sound; biting.

So what you're doing is training your dog to not give signals and go straight for the attack
>>
>>2123462
>>2123530
What? I'm not that guy and that is the same shit I had when I was a child not even 20 years ago.
>>
>>2123556
It's a form of control. Just like fear or any other shit people use.

It wasn't right that it was done to you, and it's not right if you do it to your kids. Teach manners and respect, not control.
>>
>>2123448

Doesn't mean that is right, many dogs get the shit beat out of them for using the bathroom in the house but thats bad training just like a bark/shock collar is.
>>
>>2123540

We go to puppy school in 3 weeks and get 4 home visits as part of the package. Hopefully they can address it but neighbours have already complained about the high pitched squeeking.
>>
>>2123546

Barkings as varied as speech, the barking Im trying to stop is the "hey guys, you forgot about us! Were over here!" The big dog wont actually bark at a threat he will just growl and give little coughs and give the thousand yard stare.
>>
>>2123572
>>2123530
>>2123462
this is a rule for the majority of the world seeing how the majority of childbirths occur in chine, india, and the middle east

sorry privileged westerners but you really dont know best

try logging off this site until you are 18
>>
>>2123869
>sorry privileged westerners but you really dont know best
Must be why we live in first world countries and all of those ones you listed are third world shitholes (literally in the of India).

Because we don't know best.
>>
>>2123869
>using China, India, and the Middle East as examples of ideal behavior
kek
>>
>>2123586
>Barkings as varied as speech
When a dog starts barking in french this will be true.
>>
>>2123869
haha back to durkastan, you smelly mud
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.