[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade Bird toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Chicken Swing.jpg (171KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Swing.jpg
171KB, 1500x1500px
So I have been wanting to make this thread for awhile to see what other bird owners have come up with. Since bird toys are usually fairly expensive and are generally torn apart in a matter of weeks exchanging alternatives might be of benefit. Also pic related
>>
File: 20160514_154119.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160514_154119.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I usually just use wiffle balls as a base and fill them with paper/string and nuts. Once they rip everything apart inside you can remake them an repeat.
>>
You can do a bunch of stuff with some wood dowels, twine, and zip ties. A drill and a little hack saw are all the tools required. Bamboo stakes from garden store work well also.
>>
What bird(s) do you have anon?

I use unbleached coffee filters to hide treats in which I then put in a forage ball.
You can buy beads (of course not small enough to swallow/breakable) and put them on bits of string, my bird loves messing with them.

Also when I use them in food she likes to play with the core of a bell pepper; she doesn't really eat it, just chews it a bit and throws the seeds fucking everywhere.
Sure you do this already but you can repurpose broken toys and make frankentoys out of them.

You can pick up dirt cheap baby toys at car boot sales and sterilise them, they can make good foot toys for small/medium birds.

Btw good thread OP, I'm always looking for new ideas to keep my little feathery fuckhead (caique) occupied.
>>
>>2122778
Thanks for sharing anon, I like the coffee fiber idea a lot. Probably gonna try it out for myself.

I have a 2 year old nandy conure and a cockatiel
>>
>>2122414
How about having a couple of bird-safe potted plants around, that they can mess around in (and probably destroy)?
>>
>>2124897
I have been considering growing maple tree saplings with that intention.

In her outside cage that wouldn't be an issue, but putting a plant in her indoor cage may lead to dirt everywhere lol.
>>
>>2124978
woah mate, need an Advil or something?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.