[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tame Crows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: crow.jpg (6KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
crow.jpg
6KB, 240x210px
Hi all,

Has anyone tried befriending the local crows? I've heard they are brilliant by animal standards.
>>
>>2118350
Yes, they are brilliant. All you have to do is feed them chopped up hot dogs and grated carrots and such.

But you should check your local wildlife laws. Depending on where you are feeding wild animals could get you fined. The laws are there to protect the more endangered animals from accidentally being poisoned by idiots who think it's cute to feed "bambi".
>>
My attempts at friendship ended up with me being attacked multiple times.
>>
>>2118401
Clearly you did something wrong.

Or maybe the people where you live are just generic assholes to birds enough that the smarter ones have simply associated humans in general as a threat and no longer bother to distinguish between individuals.

Yes, crows are smart enough to recognize and differentiate between humans.
>>
>>2118385
Hmmm, I will have to pick of some hotdogs. There are a bunch of them in my area and they seem relatively ok with people getting near them. would be sweet if I could walk down the street with a flock of crows following me.
>>
>>2118874
>pick of some hotdogs
I'm dumb, I meant "up"
>>
>>2118478
They tried to attack me in order to make me drop the food. These are grey eurasian crows.
They were swooping at my head from behind, and when I moved away they were flying by my head intimidating, and flew in front of me trying to stop me. they act as winged gipsies.
>>
File: 1459675845994.gif (184KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1459675845994.gif
184KB, 500x394px
>>2118961
> they act as winged gipsies.
>>
>>2118966
They realy do! I will go out and record them once I get the chance to go to the park.
They even have that side jump move.
>>
>>2118350
They don't make great long term pets as they become REALLY NEOPHOBIC as they grow old. Best to have one as a visitor,build it a birdhouse so it can bring its family as crows are very social birds.
>>
I can never get the crows to love me despite all the food I give them. I can get them about 15 feet close to me maximum but they are still skittish. Then again this is a very wooded area so they probably aren't used to people as much.

This one hen turkey on the other hand I can actually pet sometimes. Got it on good with some seagulls at my old place but the ones here are black backed(shouldered? Forgot the name) and they might as well be vicious death machines. They will fucking hunt things down and mutilated them.
>>
>>2118985
Please do
>>
Used to chill with crowbros all the time in Vancouver. I would carry mixed nuts to throw to them and my neighbourhood crows got used to following me around when I walked the dog or came to and from work. They would even adjust to my schedule when my shifts would change biweekly.

Does anyone have a cap of the storytime about the anon who encouraged one group of crows and antagonized another group to start a crow war?
>>
>>2119293
World War Crow will never fail to put my sides in orbit
>>
File: 1439561889264.png (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439561889264.png
74KB, 300x300px
>>2119311
>>
Here's a random crow that learned to say "whatsup negro" in a foreign language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NUBSSouyI
>>
I work in a big business building and constantly put food for the crows on the window ledge.
There is a crow couple and one crow with an ugly haircut. I give them so much food, they don't even eat it anymore and just carry it away.
I give the cookies, chocolate, candy and rarely some meat.

When I call for them they immediately come close and sometimes shout at me. They are not afraid anymore and land right next to me. Sometimes they knock on the window.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.