[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Keeps Happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Mauling-Dog-Mira-Mesa-376758441.html

>A newborn was killed by the family dog
>It was described as a 2-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier
>>
>>2107398

>woman suddenly coughed
>dogs reaction is to maul a baby to death

How do people keep defending violent breeds like this? The government should do a mass cull and execute every last "bulldog" left in America
>>
>>2107401
Maybe pit bulls, but stay away fro boxers you monster
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>the dog made contact with the baby leading to traumatic injuries

the article doesn't actually say the baby was attacked.
>>
>>2107416
Other news outlets used the words attacked, mauled. They also detained the dog which, according to the article, only happens when it breaks skin.
>>
>>2107416
>the article doesn't actually say the baby was attacked.

When my son was 2 days old (this was like 12 years ago), I had a 4 year old grey tabby. At one point, my kid was on the floor in some reclined chair sort of thing, and the cat ran over him and scratched up his forehead. Like, bad. The cat dug in and use his forehead to launch off in the other direction. That cat was gone the next day.

It's like you buy a brand new car, and your girlfriend pokes a hole in the leather seat with her heel. Yes, it was an accident, but motherfucker it was BRAND NEW. Now multiply that times 10.

The boy still has a scar on his forehead.

Anyway, point being, If the baby got trampled by the dog in the heat of play, I could see the media going nuts and calling it a mauling or something.

On the other hand, maybe it was a mauling. Who knows? I know one thing - You can not trust the media. Their paychecks are based on how dramatic they can make their stories.
>>
>>2107421
Breaking skin could be the dog knocking the baby on it's ass and it getting a bloody scratch. If the source is unknown, the animals is always detained for safety if there is any chance the animal could have been a part of it, even it it 'obviously' wasn't a bite wound, or if a wound isn't even apparent but it is said that the animal bit. Who the fuck leaves an infant with a large dog together?

Now this story sounds fishy from many angles. All you tumblr mommies can come out and say I'm a baby killer, but I wouldn't take this article like the bible until more information comes out. They don't even know what the cause of death is.

Also, insult to injury; that dog isn't even a pit bull type let alone a staffy
>>
>>2107428
>Who the fuck leaves an infant with a large dog together?

That. My dogs are the sweetest 150lb monsters in the world. But I'm not leaving a damn 10lb baby with them. Accidents happen. Sometimes violent, sometimes simply a matter of not being gentle enough.
>>
Ban dogs. This has gone on long enough. How many more children have to die because of your selfish need to try to tame wild animals?
>>
Staffordshires were never used in dog fighting. Never bred for attitude or size. Google "Nanny Dog" Officially, they aren't recognized as one of the 3 pit bull breeds. Unofficially, they are listed with 6 others for whatever reason.
>>
File: nanny+doggrafitti[1].jpg (41KB, 326x400px) Image search: [Google]
nanny+doggrafitti[1].jpg
41KB, 326x400px
>>2107438
>staffordshires were never used in dog fighting
>>
>>2107453

Hint: American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier are 2 different breeds.

The latter is the English breed, the Nanny Dog. While the foundations of both are similar, the English variant was not as exposed to the dog fighting - It wasn't nearly as widespread in Britain as in the US, and it disappeared much earlier - and their bloodlines are known to be much more on par with a regular dog, even if the owners are sloppy in their training.

But, that's fine, wouldn't want you to actually educate yourself. That would require you to take your fingers out of your ears. It's willfully ignorant people like you that have caused the stigma attached harmless dogs.
>>
THE DOG OF PEACE STRIKES AGAIN!
>>
>>2107512
Nanny dog term was coined by a breeder in the 1970s, reporters have searched newspapers trying to find any reference before that and there isn't.
>>
>>2107520
THE HUMANS KNOW

BURY IT IN THE BACKYARD
>>
>>2107437
>Ban dogs

Pft, if they were stupid enough to let that dog be anywhere near a newborn, then that kid probably would have died a short time later from drowning in a pool or some dumbshit. It's the law of nature-the stupid let their kids die so no more stupids get to grow up and have more kids.
>>
>>2107520
oh shit a blog told me its true so therefore it must be true

and the whole nanny dog thing is a huge conspiracy

lol i've already been through this with you on /pol/ or /an/ i believe

and why would the term be in newspapers or magazine articles anyway? its just a common term about the dog a phrase that's been passed down for generations

zomg i can't find it in the times from 1945 so its not true

sigh nice blog you got here http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com/2010/08/nanny-dog-myth-revealed.html

not biased or anything about pitbulls at all
>>
>>2108298
Why do pitbulls make people so butthurt jesus christ
>>
>>2107398
There's something unsettling about Put Bull's eyes. I don't know what it is.
>>
File: creep from perfect blue.jpg (11KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
creep from perfect blue.jpg
11KB, 225x350px
>>2108861
Nose bridge and eyes on the same front side, human-like?
>>
File: 1305330_630x354[1].jpg (38KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
1305330_630x354[1].jpg
38KB, 630x354px
aww look at it, i hope it isnt put down or abused
>>
>>2108850
Butthurt, facehurt, neckhurt, armhurt, it just depends where they maul you I guess.
>>
geez, the confirmation bias is strong in this thread

>>2107401
>mauled to death
where in the article does it actually give evidence that the baby was "mauled" to death? all they say and all that's known right now is

>the dog made contact with the baby leading to traumatic injuries
for all we know, the dog jumped and landed paws-first on the baby, which can lead to serious injury to babies. this is the exact reason we rarely adopt out large dogs to households with babies in them

>>2107421
>Other news outlets used the words attacked, mauled
news articles using sensationalized terms without evidence for them? why, it's not like they've ever done that before!

>broken skin
you do realize even a scratch would count then, right? or play mouthing that breaks the skin. you seem a bit slow

and lastly
>calling that dog a pitbull
>then calling it a staffordshire terrier
>it doesn't look a whole lot like either

right now there are little to no details, so you can't fucking know either way. all the "hurr kill pitbulls" fags ITT obviously don't care about people who are attacked by dogs, since they're so focused on one story where we don't even know what happened instead of stories that are plainly about a dog attacking someone. or even the stories that don't get widely reported on because they aren't "flashy" enough or draw enough public interest. it's no secret that "pitbull" attacks to more viral than attacks by other dogs, even fatal ones, and news outlets take full advantage of that. learn to think for yourselves
>>
>>2107398
Peace be upon him.
>>
File: 1460308677819.jpg (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460308677819.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
>>2109237
>news articles using sensationalized terms without evidence for them? why, it's not like they've ever done that before!
Nothing generates headlines like the word pitbull.
>>
>>2107437
I'd rather ban kids and keep the dogs.
>>
>>2107512

>staffies weren't used in fighting
>compares 2 staffies, one was used for fighting
>doesn't see the moronic mistake he made
>>
Breed doesn't even matter here. What kind of retard trusts a large carnivorous animal with a newborn baby?
>>
That's really sad, it sounds like it might've been an accident. I wonder if the baby was in the bed, or in the arms of one of the parents?

Normally I'd jump all over the parents for something like this, but I wouldn't have forseen this happening, myself. Normally, as long as you watch the baby with the pets and always stay within easy reach, everything is fine.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.