[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toilet Training Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: cat.jpg (14KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
14KB, 260x194px
My father has recent;y begun training his cat to use a human toilet. Is this an ok thing to do, or is it unethical?
>>
File: 1451335415823.jpg (86KB, 446x373px) Image search: [Google]
1451335415823.jpg
86KB, 446x373px
Don't spread toxo into the water I drink.
>>
Are you serious? LoL thats crazy. It's okay if it's his house so yeah I guess you can say he can do whatever he wants. I mean come on what's to stop him? Some belief that teaching your pet to not do certain thing is right? It's weird! I'll give it that..
>>
File: 1458186537877.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458186537877.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>2092036
Is there any way that it could stress out the cat or make it scared to shit?
>>
>>2092038
I mean I guess it can, but if he can make the cat comfortable than it can shit. It's funny though. I wouldn't be comfortable while a giant being came out of nowhere picked me up off my bum ways and then took me in fed me then tried to teach me how to poop in a giant hole where I could fall and get wet.
All I have to say is that good luck. It won't be easy.
>>
>>2092035
You'll have more problems than toxo if you're drinking toilet water.
>>
File: citikitty_cat_toilet_process.jpg (49KB, 600x258px) Image search: [Google]
citikitty_cat_toilet_process.jpg
49KB, 600x258px
To OP - I taught my cats to use a toilet. They do just fine, but it's a gradual process and takes a lot of patience. Peeing was much easier for my cats to get used to than pooping in it, but they got there eventually. Warn your father he'll be cleaning up messes for a bit.

First step I recommend is moving the litter box to the bathroom to get the cats used to thinking that area is for excrement. After that I got ghetto and used a roasting pan with holes and a little bit of litter on the toilet, but pic related is a commercial product that does it much better. Gradually remove the pan starting from the center and the cats adapt to balancing on the seat until you can remove the pan and litter completely.

Best to get some flushable litter for this, and I recommend in the beginning to make some steps up to the toilet seat until the cat jumps up naturally.
>>
File: Fuck_Everything_Ferret.gif (2MB, 306x230px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_Everything_Ferret.gif
2MB, 306x230px
I wanna teach my dog to use the toilet...

Actually fuck that, seems like I would just be wasting a lot of water for no good reason. We in a drought niggas, I can't afford that shit if this mutt don't want fleas popping out of his asshole every day.
>>
>>2092033
It's k.
Tell your dad to keep litter and a box ready for whenever the cat inevitably falls in the water and never wants to go there ever again, though.

>>2092082
Do they ever miss? I mean, my dog, she'll only go when she's in the grass, but once she squatted, and even though her 4 paws were in the grass, she still pissed on the pavement...
>>
>>2092180
Never had them miss, but in the beginning they would go next to the toilet because the balacing was strange to them. Then for a bit they were peeing in the toilet, pooping next to it. Then they got both down.
>>
>>2092214
Are there even cat-friendly toilet seats that helps them not fall?
Also, did you teach them to flush?
>>
>>2092033
The only ethical issue I can see with it is that when cats are popping, they don't have as much control in their back legs to balance. This caused my cat to fall in when she was pooping sometimes. To combat that, I got a normal litter pan for her with the idea that she would pee in the toilet and poop in the pan. But then the whole thing was moot because she would pee and poo in the pan.

So that's the only issue I can see; cats have a much harder time balancing while pooping. A lot of cats also prefer the litter because they can hide it(my cat would scratch the seat and toilet paper trying to hide it), or just prefer it for whatever reason.
>>
>>2092180
Cats are much better at aiming their butts than dogs.

God only knows how that was selected for either naturally or artificially, but it's how it is.
>>
Story time

New years eve 2014 my cat got scared of fireworks or some n thought it would be cool to shit on the floor.

I grabbed him and held him over the toilet and he proceeded to get the job done.

No worries, he seemed fine with me grabbing him. Didnt meow nir bite/scratch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.