[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, fa/tg/uy here. I was wondering if anyone on this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Glaucus-atlanticus-sea-swallow.jpg (338KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Glaucus-atlanticus-sea-swallow.jpg
338KB, 1600x1200px
Hey /an/, fa/tg/uy here.
I was wondering if anyone on this board could help with a project I'm currently working on, I'm looking to build a Lovecraftian horror that isn't just copy pasted Cthulhu or one of the other Elder gods, tentacles ad nauseum and for that I need some interesting/terrifying creatures to base it off of.
I'm thinking of going for a more brightly colored, shallows theme, something that would dwell at the bottom of an estuary or reef rather than the depths, but obviously putting interesting sea life into google just gives you a dozen pictures of an angler fish and goblin sharks.
Does anyone know of any interesting, colorful sea life to base an eldritch abomination off?
>>
Well the most obvious one would be a mantis shrimp.
Other neat things include sea scorpions, horseshoe crabs, wobbegongs, frogfish, etc.
>>
>>2088462
Update us about it! I'm pretty damn interested.
>>
>>2088462
What kind of dog is that?
>>
>>2088462
the blue ring octopus
>>
>>2088570
Well, so far I'm using the Wobbegong and Frogfish from this post >>2088465 as the basis as well as the Sea slug in the OP. The beast itself is based out of Liverpool in the United Kingdom, so I'm dipping into local creatures that live there.

So far I'm mainly thinking of using the body of a flatworm or Ray as the basis, with the vast wings being made of thin strings of toxic tendrils ala an anemone, headed with a closed core of tentacles around a vast snapping maw, similar to a crown in Tyrian Purple and Bioluminescent Blue. The only problem then being that it looks more like a mass of tentacles than anything else and lacks that personal touch of human-ishness that makes Horrors like this so unnerving usually.
>>
Search for vids of a "basket star"
>>
File: 12345.jpg (54KB, 560x437px) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
54KB, 560x437px
bobbit worms. pure terror
>>
>>2088585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVBeX8Yo25g
>>
>>2088657
Twinmold??!
>>
File: 1275818309923.png (104KB, 658x862px) Image search: [Google]
1275818309923.png
104KB, 658x862px
Fellow fa/tg/uy here
Please do this
>>
Wolf snails turn my stomach to knots
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_aZnfMZ0hs
>>
File: Portuguese-Man-o-War.jpg (201KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Portuguese-Man-o-War.jpg
201KB, 750x422px
I have just the thing for you, OP.
>>
File: 1196234399650.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1196234399650.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
The various parasitic barnacles, especially the ones in crabs.
>pic not related
>>
Pic related is a Stargazer. Looks fucked, is venomous, and can cause electrical shocks. You could also add in the "fur" from a Yeti Crab perhaps. Lastly, Parrot Fish have some nasty looking chompers.
>>
>>2088657
This.
>can't die when it's killed
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.