[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog hunting thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160123_0931236_rewind.jpg (333KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_0931236_rewind.jpg
333KB, 1066x800px
Is it degenerate to take my Husky out ot a farm & let her go on a rabbit hunt?
>>
No.
>>
Nah.
>>
>>2085686

i wish i could take my dogs to hunting but im afraid that they start chasing everything including my cat.
>>
As long as that's all she hunts, and there are boundaries that will stop her from disappearing completely, then I see no problem.

I take my dogs to the park to hunt rabbits often. Park's infested with them, and rabbits are a pest species here. Neither dog has caught one yet, because they're canny rabbits that evade dogs every day, but I've got my bets on the little dog.
>>
>>2085693
>>2085694
See this is my #1 concern. This is why I want to take her to a 100% controlled environment like how I have fenced in my yard with a 10 ft tall fence.

I'd like to take her to some dog refuge with a big ass fence around several acres & let her go hunt a rabbit or squirrel or something. I can tell she really wants to go after a squirrel anytime she sees one but I won't let her for obvious reasons.

Can't trust a Husky off-leash, no matter how well trained they are & mine is extremely well trained. Only people who say you can are the same type who thinks pits aren't vicious degenerate breeds. Just want to make sure I do right by my doggo
>>
>>2085686
How do you train a dog to attack only certain things or on command? Our old Boston terrier won't hurt anything we tell her not to and will attack stuff on "go get em" but nobody really remembers training her to do that. We have a lab pup I'd like to teach it to, but I have absolutely no idea how I'd go about it without just making him aggressive towards all small animals.
>>
>>2085686
it is great, if you and your dog can do that.

Where I live, it is strictly forbidden, that you let your dog kill animals. (every piece of land/forest here is owned by some dumb farmer, really, not a square inch of my country is "free land")

But fucking cats can kill what they want, even endangered species, without facing any consequences.

My dog once killed a hare, I was lucky that nobody saw it. Almost crapped my pants at that point
>>
>>2085686
Make sure you get the farmer's permission first.
>>
>>2085712
You just reprimand them when they do something you don't want them doing. She's extremely well behaved because I'm not afraid to give her a little push on the neck when she does something I disapprove of, like approaching a stranger instead of letting them approach her.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.