[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypoallergenic pets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: sphynx-cat.jpg (62KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
sphynx-cat.jpg
62KB, 1280x828px
Are sphynx cats hypoallergenic?

Would someone with mild allergy be able to live with one, provided the cat is bathed regularly?
>>
The allergy is usually to the cats saliva, which the cat then covers its coat with whilst grooming. Coat them sheds and leaves bits around the house.

Sphynxs will still groom and lick their coat, but due to the lack of fur, the saliva shouldn't stick around as long. Especially as you're supposed to wash this breed, whereas you wouldn't with other cats unless it was a dire need.

I wouldn't call them hypoallergenic, but they may be easier to cope with than other cats.
>>
File: cornish-rex-cat-08[1].jpg (27KB, 480x501px) Image search: [Google]
cornish-rex-cat-08[1].jpg
27KB, 480x501px
>>2083373
THIS. The allergy is to saliva, but shedding hair spreads the dander. You might also like breeds that don't have guard hairs, since that's the type of hair that does most of the shedding.

Devon Rex still has some guard hairs that are all crinkly like pubic hairs and not so great.

Cornish Rex has no guard hairs at all and feels super soft without any shedding.
>>
>>2083416
>Devon Rex
>Cornish Rex
Do they need to be bathed?
>>
>>2083373
I have a cat and am allergic to her. (Not too badly, but she does make my nose run and makes my eyes itch). Would brushing her daily help with this? She's a shorthair tabby cat.
>>
>>2084198
It should help in that there won't be as many hairs getting left all around your house, so go for it.
>>
>>2083433
No, they don't need bathing.
If your allergies can stand it try going to a cat show and seeing the various Rex breeds.
Personally while I think the Devon Rex has a cuter head shape it tends to get a very flabby belly as an adult. The Cornish Rex has a more "greyhound" type body and the fur is softer as it is free of all guard hairs. All cats are wonderful though!
>>
>>2084271
>If your allergies can stand it try going to a cat show and seeing the various Rex breeds
I'm not the one allergic, but my flatmate is. Going to take a look at the local cat show, thanks!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.