[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love my roommate's dog, but she's suddenly gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I love my roommate's dog, but she's suddenly gotten way too sappy/clingy towards me lately. I can't leave her alone without her howling and crying, scratching at my door, or running around distressed. She was raised really sappy by our 3rd roommate at the time, and she's used to being almost attached at the hip to my roommate when he's home.

But he works nights, and I work days, so I'm alone with her from the time I get home until bed. He walks/exercises her twice a day, so it's not like she's hyperactive, she just can't stand being left alone when she can hear me in the house watching tv.

How do I get her to calm down and be more comfortable by herself? She doesn't freak out when we leave for work or anything, and she's not destructive...
>>
>>2081943

Sorry, I didn't mention that even though she was raised really sappy, this is kind of a new development. She hasn't been this crazy about cuddling with me until the past couple of months.
>>
>>2081943
Go outside and enjoy life instead of watching TV?
>>
>>2081989

Thanks for not being helpful. I go out a lot, but I also work a lot. Sometimes I just want to come home and sit on my computer and watch the game or something without having a dog in my lap.
>>
>>2081992
holy fuck i have no sympathy for you. post pics of this dog. NOW.

all i want to do is come home and cuddle with a sweet corgi op you're going to miss her when she's gone.

but real talk just ignore her and set boundaries. tell her no firmly and she'll eventually get the message.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2082016

This is her. Yes, she's very cute, but every time I turn away from her in my computer chair, she puts her paw on my leg and won't stop trying to nuzzle between my arms. It's very sweet, but it keeps me from getting anything done. If I shut the door on her she whines and scratches. If I put the gate up downstairs, she howls and cries.

Again, I love her, but I can't spend every waking minute of my time at home with her. I try to give her at least 30 minutes of attention but that doesn't do anything. I don't want to punish her for being affectionate, either.
>>
>>2082020
you never said shes a pitbull anon

this changes everything
>>
>>2082020

OP I don't know what to do but this is the most adorable problem ever

I understand your frustration though
>>
>>2082020
She's begging for attention. She is basically demanding you pay attention to her. Begging can actually turn to aggression in some cases, as dogs will go on expecting more and more (in this case, attention) to the point where they try harder to get what they want, which can include jumping, nipping and even biting.

I would suggest going about it as if the dog were begging for scraps. You can easily find something to read on that. However it will require the ability to ignore her at times
>>
>>2082020
i assume every time she puts her paws on your leg and nuzzles between your arms you pet her again and give her attention? if so then that's why she does it. i know it's sweet and hard to ignore but if you turn away from her and ignore her she will get bored rather quick and stop. if she doesn't get bored make her lay down and stay for a few minutes until she shows that she calmed down.
you basically need to show her clearly that once you stop paying attention to/petting her you won't return to pet her just because she demands it.
>>
>>2082020
Ignore her. She figured out that behavior gets her attention. So she'll keep doing it because she knows it works.

It's tough, yeah, because it is really cute, but that is how you deal with this.
>>
>>2082179

I try to keep her away, actually, and I mostly shut the door on her.

>>2082181

Will she follow this if my roommate still gives her constant attention when he's home?
>>
>>2082466

Don't shut the door.

Keep it open and ignore her.

Play with her for 10-15 mins and then say enough and go do your business. She may follow you and want to me in the same room, but just do your own thing. She'll learn eventually. Closing the door just causes anxiety and confusion for the dog.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.