[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CESAR MILAN INVESTIGATED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY BY LA ANIMAL CONTROL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: pig.jpg (71KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
pig.jpg
71KB, 552x600px
>Cesar Millan Officials Investigating Possible Animal Cruelty
https://archive.is/wDj11

L.A. County Animal Control tells us their major case unit, along with the sheriff, are currently at Millan's dog training center in Santa Clarita, CA after numerous complaints flooded in when Millan's show, "Cesar 911," showcased a dog attacking and injuring a pig during a training session.
>>
meh
>>
https://youtu.be/B0Soxw58eiQ

Kind of sensationalized movie, but doesn't take away from the fact that you can clearly see Cesar has no clue what he's doing
https://youtu.be/B0Soxw58eiQ
>>
clearly not being dominant enough.

I will admit that I have not seen one episode of his show all the way through.

I have seen clips where he gets bit. Clips where the dog shows every single sign in the ladder of aggression. How he can call himself a dog whisperer when he doesn't even understand the most basics of dog body language, I don't know.
>>
Everyone here knows CM is a hack. He just bullies and terrorizes dogs into submission.
>>
>>2079546
You'd be surprised how many faggots idolize his methods.

Imo, anyone that is consistent and rewards their dogs for doing well should be able to control their animal.
>>
the amount of people who defend his methods is insane. I don't know how they can see what he does and think it's good, especially as even the most basic knowledge in dog behaviour shows he hasn't a clue

>>2079548
>anyone that is consistent
consistancy seems to be most peoples issue
>>
File: Screenshot_519.png (253KB, 467x462px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_519.png
253KB, 467x462px
>>2079523
>>
>>2079523
That's a cowe.
>>
>>2079939
stahp
>>
>>2079555
Same with the amount of people who still think shows like that one with Jerry Springer are real. The people who gave this guy a show are just as horrible as he is. They've done more damage by subjecting the public to that shit.
>>
>>2079555
>these comments
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/11/cesar-millan-animal-cruelty-pig-dog-bite/
>>
i actually don't care about the pig, i'm sure it's fine.. but holy fucking shit the sheer stupidity
>the next
>i'll tie the dog and pig together for training
>fucking brilliant
i taught my dog to not attack my rabbit by keeping him on a leash or in a separate room and rewarding calm behavior FOR A FUCKING MONTH
why do people think animal training is instantaneous?
>>
>>2080025
>why do people think animal training is instantaneous?
because it kinda is if you're not a bitch who thinks the slightest bit of negative reinforcement will make your dog cower in a corner for the rest of its life.
>>
>>2080026
yawn
>>
Fucker should have gotten slapped with animal cruelty a long fucking time ago, choking a dog out is not a fucking training method.
>>
>>2080026
agreed
in most cases positive reinforcement is better, but much like when you catch your kid torturing an animal, pain is much more effective
>>
>>2080038
Punishment isn't reinforcement of any kind. I feel like I have to explain this every single thread that has anything to do with training, but you only reinforce behaviors that you want to keep. Negative reinforcement is when you take something away to reinforce a behavior that's desirable. Positive reinforcement is when you add something to reinforce a behavior.

Similarly, negative punishment is when you take something away to deter something from a certain behavior, positive punishment is when you add something. What you're describing, causing pain, is adding undesired stimulus. So that's positive punishment, not negative reinforcement.
>>
File: operant-conditioning.jpg (191KB, 609x640px) Image search: [Google]
operant-conditioning.jpg
191KB, 609x640px
>>2080051
>Negative reinforcement is when you take something away to reinforce a behavior that's desirable.
Can often go hand in hand with positive punishment though, where the fear and the delaying of possible pain is what is used. Generally doesn't work long term and thought of as unethical by any trainers with a brain.
>>
>>2080068
>>2080067
>>2080066
>>2080065
>>2080064
>>2080063
>>2080061
> faggot posting gore
I remember when I was edgy teenager
>>
>>2080053
Oh, yeah, you can use these methods in all sorts of combinations. Negative reinforcement is one of the most widely misunderstood training concepts, though, so I find myself explaining it a lot.
>>
>>2079523
>Cesar Millan Officials Investigating Possible Animal Cruelty

I'm not very optimistic about any charges sticking, but I really do hope this jackass gets what's coming to him. This anon sums him up nicely >>2079546
>>
>>2080053
>>2080089
What exactly is the difference between positive punishment and negative reinforcement?
>>
>>2080107
To take the example of a shock collar

Positive punishment would be immediate addition of the shock when the dog does

Negative reinforcement would be where the pain of the shock is taken away when the dog does something you want to reinforce. Then you delay the possibility of a bad thing, the shock, happening again as the dog is doing a desired behaviour.

If you read the top of the image I posted, it helps explain too.To reinforce is to increase the wanted behaviour. To punish is to decrease.

Positive is adding something, negative is taking away or delaying something. In this, positive doesn't mean good and negative doesn't mean bad, it's purely the addition of something or the taking away/delaying of something.
>>
>>2080138
Ah okay. So if I do a leash and verbal correction to my doggo when he walks out of heel, then we continue on until he does it again, and repeat, that is positive punishment?

And if he keeps doing it, abruptly turning to the other direction or just stopping is negative punishment?

I didnt know this stuff had words associated to it.
>>
It's fucking astounding how complicated people make dog training sometimes.
>>
>>2080107
Positive punishment:
You say "sit". The dog does not sit. You strike the dog's fanny.

Negative reinforcement:
You say "sit". You push down on the dog's hindquarters. The pressure is uncomfortable, and he sits. Once he sits, you stop pushing.

Please note that this stuff doesn't just apply to dog training, it's used in pretty much any social correction. For instance, as a child, I was raised with mostly a combination of negative punishment and positive reinforcement. I was praised and given small rewards for doing well in school, I had toys and privileges taken away if I did poorly.
>>
>>2080205
>science is hard
>>
>>2080217
We're not splitting the fucking atom here, dude.
>>
>>2080205
operant conditioning is really basic and cross species

People often use it without realising
>>
>>2079555
There's no reason to trip on /an/. From what I've seen you give good advice, I'd hate for people to ignore it because you trip.
>>
>>2080205
>he can't understand basic training
Yikes.
>>
I prefer the old fashioned training.
None of that faggy liberal shit.
When it comes to owning dogs.
I want a bloodhound that roams around my house seeking to maim and kill any intruder.
A fucker that knows I'm the man of the house.
Same way women are taught by "good parents" how they are supposed to obey their husbands.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.