[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we use these to breed dogs that look like foxes? Cause I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 13

File: maned wolf.jpg (610KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
maned wolf.jpg
610KB, 900x598px
Can we use these to breed dogs that look like foxes? Cause I really want a dog that just looks like a fox, but without all the annoying traits of a wild animal.
>>
File: American_Eskimo_Dog.jpg (646KB, 1546x1213px) Image search: [Google]
American_Eskimo_Dog.jpg
646KB, 1546x1213px
Just get a spitz.
>>
probably not, because the are not really closely related to dogs
>>
>>2074776
No, because the maned wolf is actually a type of fox, and foxes don't have the same number of chromosomes as domestic dogs. Real wolves, coyotes and jackals are capable of hybridization with dogs though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canid_hybrid
>>
>>2074855
Sheep and goats do not have the same amount and horses and donkeys don't(zebras also have a difference amount that varies from species).

The maned wolf is also not a type of fox. Their closest living relative is the bush dog, which is also it's own type of canid.
>>
>>2074838
That looks nothing like a fox.
>>
>>2074776

We managed to turn a wolf into a fucking pug. I'm sure they could manage a fox looking dog if someone really wanted.
>>
File: 1455025056691.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455025056691.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>2074913
pugs are still wolves.
>>
File: hes right.jpg (7KB, 214x160px) Image search: [Google]
hes right.jpg
7KB, 214x160px
>>2074914
>>
Shiba Inu is bred to look like a fox.
>>
I have a red heeler that's probably mixed with something and she looks like a lil fox. Probably won't when she gets bigger tho
>>
>>2074980
I advise you to post pictures now, then.
>>
>>2074776
Well, canids somewhat closely related to your picture were once at least semi-domesticated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuegian_dog . In their wild (and these days, only) state, they look a lot more like foxes than anything else.
>>
>>2074983
Pic related.
>>
>>2074952
I wish that tail was actually the dog's tail.
>>
File: CIMG2550[1].jpg (1MB, 1604x1476px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2550[1].jpg
1MB, 1604x1476px
>>2075167
Not all shiba inus curl their tail.
>>
Another Shiba Inu (in "sable" color) that has that wild canid look.
>>
>>2075191
Not that anon but it's too long, big and fluffy for a shiba.
And if you don't take my word for it..
https://www.pinterest.com/chante8492/mini-shiba-inu/
>>
Husky Shiba Inu mix
>>
>>2075191
The tail only curls when they point it upwards. This dog is not in a mood to have the tail up, so it does not curl.
>>
File: mame-shiba-sleep[1].jpg (77KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
mame-shiba-sleep[1].jpg
77KB, 300x225px
>>2075194
It seems to depend on the individual.
This one has a rather long fluffy tail.
>>
>>2075196
I agree the curly tail is a real negative.
Here's an Alaskan Klee Kai. It's not really the same thing as a fox or wolf, but you can imagine how it could be used to breed something similar.
>>
>>2075197
The fur still isn't as long as a fox's tail. I'm not denying they're probably the closest you're going to get if you want a fox, but I just pointed out that the tail next to the shiba before in question was not it's real tail.

I wouldn't say depends on the individual either. That is either just the angle or a very unusual case of a longer tail for a shiba inu. Fur texture isn't the same either for the fur on a shiba.
>>
Finnish spitz.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.