[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeking Pet For Cuddles? If Possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: cute bunny.jpg (10KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
cute bunny.jpg
10KB, 236x354px
What kind of small (possibly fluffy) cute pet could I get that would be ok with holding and cuddling for half hour or less periods? I was thinking rats because they enjoy humans, but they are kind of squirmy, and almost too small. Cats and dogs are alright too, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I was thinking a rabbit maybe? Or maybe a couple guinea pigs, though they seem a bit skittish.

I don't know, is this a realistic idea or do animals just not like cuddles?
>>
>>2073904
Also, I'm not seeking an exotic animal unless it's something that's been pretty domesticated already, like skunks or ferrets have.
>>
File: asdasdasd.jpg (46KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.jpg
46KB, 500x608px
here
>>
I don't know many rabbits that even like to be picked up. My cats will jump on my lap and hang out for hours though. Cats and dogs were built for cuddles. The others are not in their final forms yet.
>>
>>2073904
Guinea pigs are great. Although most animals of the sort you want need companions, so buy 2.
>>
I wouldn't go for a rabbit since a lot of them really don't like being picked up.

Guinea pigs can be pretty good for cuddles, though. They can be skittish when excited but are generally pretty docile and will just chill with you on your lap for long periods of time, and purr while you pet them. Only thing is they're pretty delicate so you have to take care to be gentle. They also need to be kept in groups of at least 2 since they are social.

Some ferrets are pretty cuddly but most are just bundles of energy who want to play instead, so unless you can adopt an adult ferret whose personality you already know, I wouldn't get a ferret if you're looking for a cuddle buddy.
>>
are you set on a rodent or something similar? if not, conures are cuddly
>>
>>2073983
Conures? like a parrot? I never thought of them as being cuddly before, maybe I'll check them out. How long do they live though? I don't really want a lifelong partner.
>>2073957
>>2073955
I had a guinea pig when I was a kid that was alright, but he wasn't that friendly. But I was also a kid, and also only had one, so maybe I'll have better luck this time around, they are pretty damn cute.

How many is a good group would you say? If two is the minimum I mean, would a group of three or four be better? Also, should I get litter mates if I do that? Or would it be ok to say get three females, but maybe one is from a different litter? If I do get them I want them to still be pretty young, would that help them get along better?

Oh, and where is a good caresheet website I could use? Sometimes caresheets don't always have consistent info.
>>2073927
Cute
>>
>>2074264
most conures can go 25-30 years, cuddliest and best is the green cheek.

very quiet and have no major downsides besides being small. No health issues, no special diets needed.
>>
File: 20150314_155743.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150314_155743.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2074264
Guinealynx.com should have just about anything you could need to know.

I have seven female piggies and this website has proven its worth time and time again.
>>
>>2074291
Ah, they are super cute but unfortunately live too long for my tastes. I would hate to re-home it if I needed to move in the next 5 or 6 years (kind of the reason I don't want a cat or dog either).

Thank you for the suggestion though, maybe in my older years I'll adopt a middle aged one or something.
>>2074340
Thank you so much for the link! And 7?! Wow, that seems like a lot! But they are so cute, look at their little faces!

It looks like you have a really cool set-up too. How hard is seven to manage? Would you recommend that many? Or could I get away with 3/4?
>>
File: 20150310_175704.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150310_175704.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2074354
There's almost no difference between 2 and 4 pigs financially, unless they all become ill at the same time.

7 pigs is hard mode, especially now since my girls are all seniors. My oldest turned 8 in January. My youngest is 4.5...

We go through a lot of veggies. That's really the most expensive thing, besides random things that require vet visits.

Search for c&c cages on Google. You can get a nice, roomy setup for much cheaper this way. :)
>>
Rabbits absolutely hate being held more often than not. Honestly, rats are probably your best bet for something that likes being held by you.
>>
>>2074361
Oh my gosh that looks awesome, thank you so much for the suggestions.

One last question, what kind of water bottles do you use? Every rodent bottle I have had in the past when I was younger always leaked no matter what I did. I would like to avoid that if I can.
>>
File: 20150828_192523.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150828_192523.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2074365
I've used many kinds... they're all hit or miss. I'm currently pretty happy with these "Living World" glass bottles, though.
>>
>>2074374
Your piggy is so cute! Oh, I think I'm sold on piggies. I'm going to wait a bit so I can do a little more research and make sure I have room and everything for them, but I think these are the pets for me. Thank you anon! I may see you around in the future with pictures of my own piggies.
>>
>>2074378
I hope so! Good luck!
>>
File: maggie.jpg (72KB, 960x746px) Image search: [Google]
maggie.jpg
72KB, 960x746px
Guinea pigs are my favorite. I've had them my whole life. Males are friendlier in general, but females are sweet, too.
Mine is named Maggie. It took her a couple of months to finally warm up to me enough to trust me entirely to pick her up, but I just never gave up on being her bestie. Now she's my favorite little baby.
>>
Find a baby squirrel in the spring. They will imprint on you and the awesomest cuddly buddy you ever did have
>>
>>2073904
Rabbits grow very large. I have a dutch rabbit breed. She's very huge as said by other people. To me she's small as always.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.