[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /an/, through a set of circumstances I won't go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1455045334757.webm (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455045334757.webm
1MB, 480x480px
Alright /an/, through a set of circumstances I won't go into here, a family dog has to either come live with me in my apt or be euthanized. This leads me to my question for you, how would you go about caring for and minimizing the impact of a medium sized dog in a medium sized apt? I'd like her to not be a burden on both my roomate and my landlords, (roomate is into the idea, he loves dogs) and I want her to be as happy as I can make her. I don't worry about her behavior as she's always been pretty "go with the flow". She'll have much less room to run and play, as her old home was on 100+ acres, but she'll adjust. She will spend less time alone here as I am home much of the time. Any advice for a first time primary caretaker?

I don't have any pictures of her, but she's a brindle mutt.

tl;dr medium dog in medium apt wat do?
>>
>>2059479

How big is your apt, will there be room for her to run at all?
>>
>>2059479
She should be just fine after adjusting as long as you take her for the occasional walk. Once a day if manageable, if not maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
>>
>>2059517
I don't know about running, It's large by 2 bedroom apartment standards, but there's not giant open space to run in. She's about 8 years old, so she's not some hyper puppy.

>>2059532
I had intended on probably 2 a day for a while as she adjusts. (I'm NEET) There is a really nice public park walking distance from my apt. In the summer she can swim there too.
>>
>>2059479
if shes coming from the country make sure she's spade. a lot more animals to worry about in denser populations areas
>>
>>2059532
Once a day walk is pretty much mandatory if she's not going to have a yard. Twice or thrice a day is much better.
>>
File: 1442801545373.webm (3MB, 640x342px) Image search: [Google]
1442801545373.webm
3MB, 640x342px
>>2059864
>spade
>populations areas
She's spayed.

>>2059867
Yeah like I said, 2 a day until she adjusts (or I do). Walking isn't so much the issue as making sure she's not bored when the time comes that I do have to leave. Puzzle toys? Does anyone have good experience with those? I know she likes to play with toys, but I think she does it more when people are around.
>>
File: image.jpg (943KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
943KB, 3264x2448px
>>2059870
Tug-a-jug is great for feeding, keeps my guy busy for a good half hour each meal
>>
>>2059870
Why just until she adjusts? If you can do it at all, why not just make 2 walks a day the routine?
>>
>>2059891
I will go as often as I feel well enough, but 2 times a day is a lot of walking. And like I said she's getting older, and spends a lot of her time on her bed napping.
>>
>>2059870

How the fuck did that cat get there and stay there?
>>
>>2059905
So is she expected to hold her piss and shit for 23 hours at a time? This could fuck up her house training
>>
>>2060091

I doubt OP means she can only go outside once a day, but rather a serious exercising walk.
>>
>>2060073
The wing of the plane is a tube sealed on the tip and open there in the middle where the cat was hangin on.

Probably climbed up in there because cats (especially semi-feral cats like barn cats and, I'm assuming, hangar cats) like to hide out in whatever cubbies they can find.
>>
File: 1440212543923.webm (798KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1440212543923.webm
798KB, 426x426px
>>2060091
I will take her out to go to the bathroom as often as she wants, I'm talking about the mile to the park to run around and back.

>>2060169
Hangar cats sounds like a fallout faction.
>>
>>2060073
a lot of those ultralights are disassembled when they're done, but if he left it overnight the cat could have climbed in there for a nap, if it looked comfy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.