[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /an/, my dog keeps shitting liquid. He goes to the vet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Dunc.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dunc.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
Alright /an/, my dog keeps shitting liquid. He goes to the vet on friday to get a flea dip, but I'd prefer to stop cleaning up liquid shit. Is there some sort of OTC pepto bismol-equivalent for dogs? I'm sure it's not his food, prior to about a week ago his shits were solid and he was fine on the same food. We thought it was some new treats he was eating, but we went back to the old treats that he was fine on and he still has chronic diarrhea. Rice doesn't seem to help either.

Google was of no assistance, so I figured I'd at least ask /an/.

Pic related, it's said dog.
>>
is he up to date on shots?

first, fast him for 12 hours before giving him any more food. feed him a mixture of boiled chicken breast, pureed canned pumpkin, and rice.

KEEP HIM HYDRATED. your dog is obviously very ill and it seems like you're more concerned about your floor than his health. buy some unflavored pedialyte and squirt it in his mouth with a syringe often to keep him hydrated.

is he lethargic? is he also vomiting?

if he's acting normally and NOT tired or weak, and he's NOT dehydrated (check his gums. if they're tacky, or any color other than pink, he's dehydrated), he likely has parasites. before you go to the vet on Friday get a fresh fecal sample and have the vet do a fecal exam. they'll likely give you some antibiotics.
>>
I'm concerned about his health, but considering he's going to the vet literally tomorrow anyways, I'd figure he's not in mortal danger since he's still as hyper as ever. I'm not sure about his gums, I'll be honest I'm a little squeamish around his teeth since they're getting sharp and he's in a biting phase. Can't really get him to training yet either because he's too young and isn't castrated yet.

To my knowledge, he's fine on shots, and he did vomit once when eating a treat, but to my knowledge he hasn't vomited any other times. I get the feeling it's because it was one of those dental treats that are fairly large and he might have tried to swallow it while it was still mostly together (a greenie if the brand matters). He doesn't vomit them up otherwise.
>>
>>2037251
>I'm not sure about his gums, I'll be honest I'm a little squeamish around his teeth since they're getting sharp and he's in a biting phase.
man up and touch the pupper's gums. it's only for a second. if they're wet, he's okay. if they're a little sticky or dry, you need to get more liquid in him.

>Can't really get him to training yet either because he's too young and isn't castrated yet.
you think you can't train your dog when it's young, or if it isn't neutered? friend. please. you can absolutely begin training your dog now.

make sure he's up to date on shots. since you said he's running around normally, I'm going to go ahead and assume parasites. this is normal for young dogs, and you already said he has fleas as he's going to the vet to get treated for them. fleas can transfer internal parasites to dogs. if you haven't seen worms in your dog's poop, it's likely giardia or coccidia.

make sure the dog is hydrated. fast him for 12 hours, then give him a bit of that chicken/rice/pumpkin mix I mentioned. just a small bit. see how he does.

if your dog is dehydrated, and you can't find pedialyte, you can put a little bit of chicken broth in his water dish, or give him frozen chicken broth cubes, too.
>>
>>2037254

Gums appear to be fine, he's been drinking water as well, so he's not dehydrated.

And by training I mean professional training. I do what I can, but I'm not dog trainer. I don't know exactly how to train him the right way.

It's 1 in the morning now, so I'll make sure to not feed him until one tomorrow after I head by the store to pick up some chicken.

Thanks for your help man.
>>
>>2037255
plenty of people get by without professional training. I'm sure other anons will jump in with their recommendations, but for now, google kikopup or victoria stillwell for some training techniques.

remember to boil the chicken! excess fat can irritate a pup's stomach further when it's already under stress. boiling will help take the fat out of the chicken.

did your dog eat at 1am? only fast him for 12 hours after the last time he ate. just making sure.

don't forget to take a fecal sample to the vet when you go. it's a real pain in the ass to follow your dog around on the vet's property waiting for him to poop.
>>
>>2037260

Last time he ate was around 5 PM then. I might not get it to him until later though since I can't really get to the store at this hour, so I'll get it to him probably some time around 9.

And by take a fecal sample, would a bag of shit that we have had sitting outside in the 10 degree weather be sufficient? I don't know if it being out in the cold could possibly kill the parasites.
>>
Nope, it's gotta be fresh. Within the last hour or so is best
>>
Also dogs can take pepto. Look up the amount for the weight. We have to give it to my dogo every so often because his stomach can be heard in the next room
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.