[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turtle's habitat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
So a "friend" of mine owns a turtle and there's something that I've been wondering. His tank has no basking area for the turtle to lay on. Is this stressful/detrimental to the turtle? Do they require a basking area to sleep or rest on? I'm asking 4chan because I do not trust his word
>>
>>2032954
They need somewhere where they can come out of the water. And if he doesn't have that, he probably doesn't have a UVB bulb or heat lamp.
In short, your "friend" sounds like a typical turtle keeper.
You don't need to ask 4chan for thus stuff. Any care guide online is going to have that information.
>>
Your friend is a dumb retarded shit who doesn't know fuck about anything and takes turtle knowledge at half-assed face value. Unless it's a soft shell turtle, it most definitely needs a basking area to dry off on, a heat lamp, and a UVB lamp. Tell that retard to either use Google and care for his pet or give it to somebody who will.
>>
It is extremely detrimental to the turtle, and it will die like that.
Not quickly, of course. After months of years of slowly getting more and more deformed and eventually dying of metabolic bone disease.
>>
OP here. I shall inform him of the information provided by you all. Thank you. I should mention he has had this turtle for 10 years. Not sure if it's habitat has been the same or not.
>>
>>2033226
>10 years
it's probably full of deformations and deficiencies
>>
>>2033017
Soft shell turtles need basking areas too.
>>
Tell him not to wait. I knew better but kept em without a basking platform for a little too long once when I was younger.

They're dead now. Your friend's will be, too, if he doesn't quit acting like a retard. Tell him he needs to do it, and if he won't, let him learn the hard way.

rip. :c
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.