[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much food do I give to my bunny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1806.jpg (370KB, 1080x1918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1806.jpg
370KB, 1080x1918px
It's been 2 weeks now since I got a bunny and her name is Mocha. She is almost 7 weeks old now and I've been giving her pellets and a lot of hay. On the pellet box it says that I should give her an unlimited amount of it in a plate. But I doubt that is healthy so I've been giving her unlimited amount of hay(she loves it) and around 4-5 tablespoons of pellets per day. What I was wondering is em I over-feeding or even worse - starving my bunny, I doubt that I'm starving her since she seems very happy but I still want to hear your opinions.
>>
>>2031147
Call the responsible breeder you got the rabbit from?
>>
He makes his own mix of food for his rabbits and I can't do that as I don't have the time for it. But I do plan on moving on to vegetables only once she is grown
>>
I have wild rabbits out back, the fuckers never stop eating, ever. Sunset to sunrise, non-stop eating.

It's fucking below freezing and that fucker is sittin out there chillin and chewing up my grass.

I don't even know if it's possible to over feed them, at least not with their natural diet, which has very little nutritional value.
>>
>>2031147
Unlimited Timothy hay. If you give then unlimited hay pellets shouldn't be needed especially if you have a fancy bred rabbit. Pellets have unneeded sugar which can make then fat or in a special bred case can slow down their digestive tract which is deadly to rabbits. What your doing now doesn't seem bad but my rabbit rarely eats pellets. Fresh veggies! Lettuces that sent iceberg, chards, kale.. Not to much carrots, excessive starch also can upset their bellies. They love certain fruits but once again not to often. Moderation is key. If you ever pick something up and wonder if bun can eat this Google it. I do it often (apparently potato and avocado can be poison to some buns.) Binky bun forums i think is a pretty good place for bunny lovers. Good luck.
http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/
>>
>>2032478
Oh again sorry. Consider spaying or neutering with a exotic animal vet. Males can smell skunky, spray and hump. Females get territorial of they're cage and get cervical cancers. Plus it makes them neater around the house. They'll use a litter box and won't drop as many territorial dropping around the house.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.