[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desk tank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: USB Feesh tank.png (443KB, 720x736px) Image search: [Google]
USB Feesh tank.png
443KB, 720x736px
Hello /an/. I recently bought this for my desk at work. I go back on Monday so I'd like to get some suggestions on what kind of fish to put in it. I plan on buying the fish tomorrow if possible.
>>
>>2029498
Sorry, I forgot the link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBKTF1K/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_6PnIwb93EZ0WF
>>
Shrimp, too small for fish
>>
>>2029500
>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBKTF1K/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_6PnIwb93EZ0WF
>1.5L
>LITERS
that's not even half a gallon for 50 fucking $.
>>
>>2029502
Shrimp would be boring. I was thinking maybe a tetra guppie or betta fish.
>>
>>2029510
too small for beta or guppy. you'd need a tiny fish for that. rule of thumb is 1inch of fish per gallon. youve got less than a half gallon there.
>>
>>2029510
To be honest, shrimp are quite interesting to look at

Still, it's too small for a betta (ignore the very small vases in which they are kept in in a pet shop). Too small tetras for sure, and even for guppy's. Sorry.
>>
>>2029510
Fish are more boring than shrimp, especially when they can't fucking move.
>>
>>2029498
I'm going to r8 this thread an 8 out of 8
>>
>>2029510
Whatever fish you put in there will die. Simple as that.
>>
>>2029520
all fish you put in any tank will die.
>>
>>2029500
>1.5 liters
I wouldn't even keep shrimp in that
>>
>>2029498
That fish on the left is already a ghost
>>
>>2029526
Everyone who drinks water will die. What's your point?

Just stick some aquatic plants in there. Don't subject some fish to your shitty pet keeping.
>>
>>2029502
Agree, too small for fish
>>
>>2029526
But not from being poisoned by their own waste, which is what will inevitably happen with this excuse for a tank.
>>
>>2029586
But the tank has a filter
>>
>>2029643
bait
>>
>>2029586
I've seen goldfish living in bowls so cloudy that you could barely see the fish. Is that because they're basically small carp and can deal with nasty water?
>>
>>2029500
That is an overpriced piece of garbage
>>
>>2029653

They can linger longer than a lot of fish because they're very hardy, but they'll end up stunted and die in a fraction of what should be their lifespan.
>>
>>2029653
Bowl goldfishes are lucky to last the year. Those in aquariums the right size or a pond can live up to 30 years.
>>
File: sea_monkey_pic_0.jpg (71KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
sea_monkey_pic_0.jpg
71KB, 640x430px
>>2029498
>>
Wow that is some fucking pretentious garbage right there. Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>2029498
This is b8
>>
Those goldfish look so sad
>>
>>2029707
No it's a fish.
>>
>This aquarium makes a great home for any small fish such as white clouds, minnows, guppies, zebra danios, gold barbs, bettas.

> unit size 9x7x4 in

Why is this even legal?
>>
>>2029712
>fish
>not dog
>not important, can't feel pain, doesn't understand freedom, doesn't need anything other than a fish bowl, not worth the effort, not worth the money, ect
>>
>>2029714
>Implying dogs feel pain or understand freedom.
>>
>>2029517
Shrimp are a lot more boring than fish.
>>
>>2029498
>>2029500
This isn't fit to keep any fish.
You need 10 gallons or at the very least 5 gallons.
With 5 gallons you'd be looking at 2-3 small fish maximum.
10 gallons lets you have up to 6 or 2-3 medium fish.
>>
Go to petsmart and look in the fish tanks until you find a dead fish. It's petsmart so there will be dead fish, just keep looking. When you find a dead one you like, buy it.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>2029498
It won't kill these fish.
They are hardy enough that nothing will kill them.
>>
>>2029498
$50 for this aesthetically unappealing animal torture chamber
>>
>>2029576
Aquatic plants will sometimes have snails.
>>
Random questions, what size tank (how many gallons) do you need for a beta fish?

Also, any proper guides online for care? Like what temp they need the watrr at, what type pf filters, how to change the water. Oh, and I know they are territorial with other betas, but are they completely fine with living a solitary life? Can they live with any of types of fish?
>>
You could make a larger look alike with a 10gallon for about the same price OP
Just get a 10 gallon a filter cheap LED clock from walmart, a spiggot and a small piece of wood of your choice
ad a tiny book light or desk lamp if you really want it
>>
>>2029828
10 gallon minimum for freshies.
I'd recommend Aqua-clear filters.
Bettas can live with other fish and tropical life like minnows, tetra, rasboras, dwarf frogs, snails, and cories.
76° to 80°F water temp.
To change water you have to bag your fish and siphon out water, usually a 20-30% change is enough.
>>
What's the smallest tank you could have a few different fishes in and a couple plants? Not necessarily all big fishes like bettas or goldfishes, mind, just a few fishes of a few different kinds.
>>
>>2029882
20 gallons.
>>
>>2029876
cpuld one betta thrive in a three gallon tank
>>
>>2029498
My question is would this be good for Triops?
>>
>>2030042
Who cares? It's stupidly expensive no matter what you want to put in it. You could get a legitimate shrimp tank kit for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax-Vertex-Shrimp-2-7-Gallon/dp/B0069RPRHO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_199_39?ie=UTF8&dpID=612hff4jlUL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0BBARNV5NGGERCP0Z99V
>>
>>2030011

It's not recommend to get a tank under 5 gallons as a bare minimum (the smaller you go the more difficult it is to maintain water qualith among other issues). But, if you must, a betta can handle a 3 gallon. Be very aware of your parameters, and get the longest tank you can manage. Nearly any fish will use horizontal space far more than vertical.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-20-15-26.png (661KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-20-15-26.png
661KB, 1080x1920px
>>2030054
You can almost always find an actual *fish* tank for about the same price, too.

>>2029819
Pest snails would actually probably live pretty well in there with a marimo or some moss.

>>2029882
Depends on the types of fish you're looking at. It's doable in a 10 gallon, but if you're not experienced or at least very well read, I wouldn't suggest trying it in a tank any less than two feet long (15/20 gallons).
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
>>2030077
I know but that tank I posted doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of space for an invertebrate tank like they want and it has a lovely 3 piece rimless design so there are no silicone seams on the front edges.

That USB monstrosity is just ugly and that filter thing might end up killing triops.
>>
>>2029828
Different people are going to give you different opinions, but mine is that five gallons is fine if the betta is alone, ten if you want other fish with him. 78-82°F. You want a low flow filter. The Azoo Mignon 60 is good for a five gallon. I like the Marina Slim series filters for slightly larger tanks. Aquaclear filters are really good, but I feel like the current would be a bit strong for a betta.
If you're looking to put other fish in with a betta, you want something that isn't really brightly colored, doesn't have long fins, and won't nip at the bettas fins. Most rasboras, small tetras, and cories are safe, though it will depend somewhat on the personality of the individual betta. Some bettas are just dicks and won't get along with anything.

>>2029876
>To change water you have to bag your fish
You're just going to stress him out doing that. It's not too hard to avoid sucking up a fish with the siphon. You can keep your finger poised on the other end to stop it if he gets close.

>>2030011
I wouldn't say thrive, but it could live in a three gallon tank. By the time you get it filtered and heated properly, it's going to cost as much as a five or ten gallon tank anyway, so you might as well get a larger one.
>>
>>2030088
I've seen them in LFS. They're certainly pretty. I guess lately I've just been in more of a strictly pragmatic sort of mood.
>>
Has OP's fish died yet?
>>
>>2030091
You're right, it is just easier to avoid the fishies when siphoning.
>>
>>2029675
This
>>
>>2029776
These work pretty good i have the clown fish.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.