[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /an/, thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: cat.png (41KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
41KB, 900x900px
So /an/, thoughts?
>>
>>2010128
The biggest problem with escaped cats is that they lose their collar outside, so it's largely useless. That's why microchipping has been a huge thing as of late. I would want people to treat every outdoor cat as if it were lost, instead.
>>
>>2010132
Sounds good in theory, but I work for a microchip company and I can tell you that 8/10 calls to the lost pet department are people reporting that they've found a cat. If people called in every cat they saw it would make it really difficult for people who are actually missing their pets to get a hold of us. Plus owners who are already aware that their cat was outside are likely going to be annoyed that A) someone scooped their cat off the street B)the fact that we called at all.
>>
>>2010159
Then maybe they should keep their cats inside
>>
>>2010182
Sometimes they slip out.
>>
>>2010159
People shouldn't be letting their cats out anyway.

I'm thankful I live near a forest, as nobody would be stupid enough to let their cat out as they'd get fucked royally by the critters around here.
>>
>>2010190

this. I have a small farm a few miles from town, there is never a shortage of cats that those fuckers get tired of and drop of here. It's gotten to the point I just shoot any cat I see, so if your cat got out, and made it over here, I wouldn't take the time to check if it was a pet, it would get shot just like all the nuisance strays.

People who value their pets should take better care of them than "ooops, it got out"
>>
>>2010128
my cat looks better in a blue collar.
>>
>>2010192

>I just shoot any cat I see

I would shake your hand and buy you a beer.
>>
>>2010190
>>2010182
I never advocated for cats to be outdoors at all. I'm just saying people treating every outdoor cat as lost is not a productive solution.
>>
>>2010159
What other calls do you get at the lost pet department? Do people have to call you to see if anyone found their cat? I don't understand why else anyone would call.
>>
outdoor cats are public domain pets
>>
>>2010128

I always put INDOOR CAT ONLY on both sides of my animal's tag.
>>
>>2010202
We get three types of calls: it's either a good samaritan found a pet, a shelter or animal control has found a pet, or someone is reporting their pet as missing. Once a microchip is scanned and we search for it in our database, all of the registered owner's information pops up. So, the owner doesn't have to call us - we will call them if their pet is found. Just yesterday I called a guy because his dog was found and he actually had no idea it had even gotten out.
>>
>>2010189
exactly what your mom said
>>
>>2010225
How do you even help the random civilian, though? Unless they have a microchip scanner, you can't really get any useful information from them, can you?
>>
>>2010234
Sometimes the pet will be wearing a tag that actually has the chip number. They read it out to us, we verify the description of the animal, then try to contact the owner. If the owner answers our call, we simply merge the two phones lines so they can figure out how to reunite. Otherwise, we will leave a voicemail for the owner with contact info for the finder. Alternatively the civilian can bring the pet to a clinic or shelter to be scanned.
>>
>>2010215
Mine says 'medicated indoor cat, if found please return' with my info on the other side.
He's not medicated but this neighborhood is full of outdoor catfags who probably would never return him so he could stay 'free' otherwise.
>>
>>2010128
My cat goes crazy if I put a collar on him and then he takes it off himself
>>
>>2010215
>>2010262
These are both really smart.

I call to double check with owners on unfamiliar cats if they have phone numbers listed on their tags but feel like a dumbass doing it. My conscience bothers me if I don't, though, especially since I live in an area with extremely cold winters.
>>
>>2010336
Don't worry anon it's not dumb to call. It's better to call and be told not to worry then to not call and find out that some family is missing their beloved pet, you know?
>>
>>2010199
It could be. If they get calls about their cats enough the calls will get so annoying that they will either keep their cats indoors or stop answering, allowing shelters to adopt out the cats to better owners
>>
Does no one here get that the image and website are making fun of people that keep their cats indoors?
>>
I've got a solution
Don't have indoor cats
If you're too much of a fag to properly care for a cat, get a small dog.
>>
>>2010546
Doesn't matter; it's only a bait thread.
>>
>>2010600
Outdoor cats are basically murderhobos. They decimate bird populations.
>>
>>2010546
did you even read the site?
>>
File: 1431085218565.jpg (65KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
1431085218565.jpg
65KB, 640x428px
>>2011020
Most places with outdoor cats used to have wild cat populations which have since become rare or extinct due to human activity. House cats simply fill the gap left by extinct cat species. Predetation levels are not much higher than they ever were before.
>>
>>2010128
first thing my cat did when she got out was find the closest bush and tried to scrape the collar off. I found her later that night yowling with the collar wrapped around her lower jaw and the back of her neck and a bunch of branch poking out behind her ear
>>
>>2011134
I think you've got that backwards. Invasive species push out native species, not just fill in gaps that happen to be open.

All invasive species should be eradicated. Humans included.
>>
>>2011145
I just want to let you know I'm tipping my hat to you sir. Humans are a virus destroying the world.
>>
>>2010128

i think the people who are trying to say this should drive into downtown san francisco and let their cats out. see how well they do
>>
>>2010546
yeah but no one cares
>>
>>2011351
Read the website, it is not making fun of those people.
>>
>>2010245
> filed away in brain in-case ever finds lost pet.
>>
File: image.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>2011145
>>
>>2010192
>>2010198

are you people for real? this is fucking psychotic.

>killing any animals at all besides mosquitos

fucking pathetic
>>
File: FVCK U NIGGV.jpg (130KB, 1256x919px) Image search: [Google]
FVCK U NIGGV.jpg
130KB, 1256x919px
>>2011145

some peeps just want 2 see le world burn xD
>>
>>2011737
It's hip to hate cats. Makes your penis look bigger.
>>
>>2010190

>I'm thankful I live near a forest, as nobody would be stupid enough to let their cat out as they'd get fucked royally by the critters around here.

I live in a forest and all 3 of my cats have survived for years and years spending most of their time outdoors.
>>
>>2011766

I lived like twenty metres from a forest and my parents cat survived twenty years, even though there was a busy road near.

Some cats just aren't as lucky as others.
>>
But will help me know which ones to behead
>>
>>2011737
>>2011740
yeah it isnt because cats are a threat to local bird and lizard species, killing literally BILLIONS a year, as well as ruining gardens and being obnoxious.

Firing a gun where I live is illegal, but I shoot pellet guns at cats that come in my yard. The fucking leash laws apply to cats as well as dogs, and just because you want "muh natural outdoor cat" doesn't mean you get to flaunt the fucking law.
>>
>>2010132
>2012
>not shooting stray cats on sight
It's like you hate biodiversity.
>>
>>2011855
>>2011857

kill yourself
>>
>>2011858
>animals that are also kept as pets don't count as an invasive species because muh feels
>>
>>2011855
lol
>>
I used to always take the collar off my dad's cat and she loved me for it. She was scared to go outside anyway, you could stand there with the door wide open and she wouldn't go near it
>>
>>2011737
Why are you hating on mosquitos? They have a right to life too. Besides, sometimes in the summer my old girlfriend and I use to collect them then put the jar over our genitals. I use to get a kick out of it sucking my erect penis.
>>
Live out in the country, let the cat roam outside all he wants. Some strays come around now and then and let him out to chase them if he sees one from the house. Sometimes out all night. If I ever want him back to kneed my nutsack, I just shake the bag of treats really loud and in a few minutes he is by the door.

Thank Bob Ross I am a country boy.
>>
>>2010190
Where do you live? My big tom cat lived healthily outside in the country in a high fox and bobcat population area for 10 years before getting to the point to where he wanted to do nothing but lay on the porch all day.
>>
>>2012800
>sunny, nice day out
>bring old, probably 12 year old cat out, she hates being wet or dirty or anything
>she starts panicking on the wood table I put her on
>have to hold her and pet her for a solid minute or two before she starts to relax
>falls asleep outside for a good twenty minutes and makes me bring her in when she wakes up

That was a good bit of fun
>>
>>2012919
This is why those who can should let your cats outside regularly. Don't deprive your cat from living a full life.
>>
>>2012253
>>2011858
He's right to do what he's doing. I like cats, but the fuckers are destructive. Leash laws apply to them where I live as well. Plenty of people don't exen put collars on their cats. These outdoor cats often contract feline aids as well. I've had two of my neighbors find out that their indoor cats contacted it after an outdoor cat fought with them through a cracked door or torn window screen. I've seen the fuckers stalk my bird feeder, summer fall winter and spring. They've turned it into a death trap. My dogs take care of nice and voles in my garden and house just as well as any cat.

He's making up for the mistakes and laziness of others.
>>
>>2012922
>20 minutes in the sun
>worth the damage outdoor cats cause themselves and others

You're a bad neighbor.
>>
>>2012931
I've leashed a cat and walked em around, cunt. It was just a nice day out, she never was taken on a leash and stayed inside nicely. Before making assumptions maybe you shouldn't be such a schmuck.
>>
>>2012946
Why are you even answering him.
That's why he keeps coming and shitting up the board, you know.
>>
>>2012947
first time i have agreed with bugguy.

cats being sent outside are for lazy owners who can't be bothered to stimulate the cat themselves.
>>
>>2012957
are we friends now?
>>
>>2010128
tatoo in the ear?
>>
>>2012968
WTF did I just read?
>>
>dog escapes
>"oh poor thing lets go find your home."
>indoor cat escapes
>"FUCKING RATS KILL THEM ALL"
wew
>>
>>2012968
what the fuck man
what the fuck
>>
>>2011020
good. birds are always shitting on my car and on my deck and wake me up early in the morning
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>2013617
>keeping a car in a garage
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 388x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 388x372px
anime pussy is the only pussy allowed outside.
>>
>>2013617
Cars are outdoor animals, duh.
>>
File: LOLcat.jpg (22KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
LOLcat.jpg
22KB, 500x380px
>there are still people on this board right now who reply seriously in these threads
>>
Haha, I laugh at you people.
Indoor cat, outdoor cat, leash, damages whatever
We (and by me I mean the whole village where I live) let cats be cats, they just hang around anywhere, but usually still keep to their house where they can get food, warmth and some loving. If they want to go out, they go out. I never heard anyone talk about cats fucking up their garden or whatever. If you took it to walk with a leash people would just laugh at you. Do your cats even hunt mice? I bet they're too spoiled to do basic shit like that too.
>>
>>2012956
>dinosaurs
>turned to coal
I know political cartoonists are dumb but god damn read a book nigga
>>
>>2013897
this desu, 3 cats all aged 10+ have been indoor/outdoor
>>
>>2014055
>>2013897
It's about giving a shit about birds to me. Just because the area you're in doesn't give a shit about wild birds doesn't mean that cats aren't killing them. I really like birds, I really like cats, I'd rather not let my cat kill birds.

That and cat aids fucking sucks. When they get older it's just terrible. The decline in health is so painful to watch. Of course if you have an outdoor cat you don't get to see the entire decline.
>>
Why aren't shock chips a thing? Cat escapes, gets the shit electrocuted out of it. Fucker will learn very fast not to leave boundaries.
>>
>>2014315
Because cats don't learn like that. They will associate a myriad of things to the shock. Maybe the cat heard footsteps when it happened, or saw a bird, or smelled food cooking, or there was music playing, etc etc. The cat's behavior could change based on that, sometimes drastically.

Also a cat in pain is much more likely to run away, not turn around and go back. More likely to have a cat that flees further and then is scared and defensive, making the cat harder to find and then harder to retrieve.
>>
>>2010192
Man, if you shoot my cat I'll burn your fuckin farm down.
>>
>>2015402
will you burn the forest down too if your cat gets eaten by raccoon or something?
>>
>>2014062
the thing about wild birds is several billion of them die every year from old age or starvation.

I mean, it's cool you don't want your cat hunting birds, but it doesn't actually have any effect whatsoever on wild bird populations.
>>
>>2010128
I feel like not letting your cat out side is torture for the poor fucker.
>>
>>2015411
what does birds having to die from old age or starvation have to do with this?

if cats are killing birds by the millions to the point of endangerment; how does it not have any effect on the wild population?
>>
>>2015436
>if cats are killing birds by the millions to the point of endangerment; how does it not have any effect on the wild population?
they aren't.
>>
>>2012954
>lazy owners who can't be bothered to stimulate the cat themselves.
confirmed for knowing nothing about cats. you can stimulate them as much as you want, but a lot of cats have a strong urge to explore and will fight you to get out. it's one thing if you live in a city on a street with a 40 mph speed limit, but if you are in a place with green things they will want to go out in them so they can kill some shit.
>>
>>2015438
they are though
>>
>>2015455
they are killing millions of birds
they AREN'T killing them to the point of endangerment.

not even close.
you just have no idea how many birds there are.

probably because you don't really care enough about birds to learn.
>>
>>2015460
>doesn't know anything about birds
>projects ignorance onto other people
>rationalizes that, "since i dont know, nobody can!"
>>
>>2015466
what's the population size of birds?
how many die each year from natural causes?
how many do cats kill?

you don't know because you don't want to know.
>>
File: 1392611792070.jpg (40KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1392611792070.jpg
40KB, 400x384px
>>2012876
>>
>>2015493
do YOU know?

you where the first one who brought up>>2015411

the burden of proof lies with you
>>
>>2015513
were*
>>
>>2015513
>the burden of proof lies with you
>literally retarded

statistics aren't proof of anything, they're just facts. You can google them if you want.

but of course you don't want to. The facts don't agree with you and you know it.
>>
>>2015526
>statistics aren't proof of anything, they're just facts.
>not know what burden of proof means

all i find is how cats are decimating to bird numbers

please show me your sources
>>
>>2015592
>not know what burden of proof means
exactly.
you have no idea what you're talking about.

>all i find is how cats are decimating to bird numbers
decimating means killing 10%.
cats don't kill anywhere near 10%

like I said, how many birds are there? Start with that.
>>
>>2015604
>http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/outdoor-cats-are-prolific-killers-study-finds

>http://www.wildlifemanagementinstitute.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=610:new-research-suggests-outdoor-cats-kill-more-wildlife-than-thought&catid=34:ONB+Articles&Itemid=54

>http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/feral-cat-US.html#cr
>>
>>2015655
yes, notice how none of those tells you how many birds there are.

I'm trying to help you out.

How many birds are there?
How many die of natural causes each year?
How many are estimated to be killed by cats?

these are simple questions, google will give you answers. Hell, Wikipedia will answer all three.
>>
>>2010128
all cats should be indoor cats and only shitty owners let 'em run around outside
>>
>>2015655
the point I'm trying to get you to see is that according to those estimates, CATS KILL MORE BIRDS THAN ACTUALLY DIE EACH YEAR.

not only are they saying EVERY SINGLE BIRD THAT DIES IS KILLED BY A CAT,
but they're also telling us CATS KILL BIRDS THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST YET.

Let the reader use their own good judgment. The actual numbers of birds and bird deaths for the US and the world are only 1/10th of a second away on google.
>>
>>2015663
And I suppose rabbits and foxes have been just wonderful for Australia alongside those cats.

Quit trying to shift the goalposts.
>>
>>2015672
>Quit trying to shift the goalposts
I was never aiming at the goal you think I was.

I'm not saying cats are good for birds, or you should let them outside.

I'm saying you literally don't care about bird populations or mortality and don't know anything about either.

your argument is about hating cats, not liking birds.
>>
>>2015673
I'm not that guy and I don't hate cats.

Cats are one of many things that are fucking up bird populations. It's also bad for the cats. There is no reason to let care roam freely outside any more than there is to let a dog. Cats just do more damage because outdoor cat owners are enabled by widespread apathy and misinformation.
>>
>>2015675
>I'm not that guy
then you don't know what I was talking about. Which is obvious by you responding to the argument you imagine I made rather than the one I actually did.
>>
>>2015677
All you said was "lol Google it nerd" without actually providing any information or citation.

I know you outdoor cat fags don't really want to admit what you do is wrong so I'm not gonna bother with it.
>>
>>2015678
My cat is strictly indoors.

I just find it amusing when you fags follow PeTA's lead with your billions of birds killed bullshit.

it's frankly funny that you either have to lie to strangers on the internet or you're honestly too stupid to use a search engine.

what can I say, retards amuse me.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.