[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog just swallowed a toothpick She snapped it in two, and as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20151123_165222.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151123_165222.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Dog just swallowed a toothpick
She snapped it in two, and as I tried to get it out of her mouth, she swallowed it

Induced vomiting, but didn't see it come up. Keep trying?
>Inb4 call vet, they're closed, I called. Looking for emergency centers
>>
I have actually heard of dogs swallowing toothpicks before. One of my friends had her dog eat an entire tray of cheese bits, toothpicks and all. They called their vet, who suggested mixing wet dog food with cotton balls. Giving it to the dog immediatly and then bringing the dog to the vet to be monitored. The cotton balls wrapped themselves around the toothpicks, creating a mass that contained them all. It was passed uneventfully the next day.
>>
>>2008577
I wish I had it that easy

I found an emergency vet, and she tried to make her vomit it out too... and there was lots of blood
Waiting to hear news back, but it isn't looking good
>>
>>2008577
>Feed the dog cottonballs
Yeah don't do that OP
>>
>>2008577
NO NO NEVER DO THAT

That cotton ball shit is a myth and has sent dogs to the hospital, I don't know where you heard that but it's a bullshit story. Please, I'm not an expert but my aunt was a vet tech, and I've asked the three vets in my town about that cotton ball thing and they've all said it will send your dog to the hospital, so please for the love of god do not give your dog cotton balls. They will make a blockage in his stomach and he'll need surgery to get them removed.
>>
hope it works out for you OP. poor pup
>>
>>2008554

>making a dog vomit up a sharp object

How is that not worse than letting it digest in the stomach????
>>
>>2008753
Maybe it piercing it's bowels is more dangerous than it scratching up the esophagus.
>>
Got back from emergency vet, couldn't see it in x-rays, so they decided not to operate or anything. They said to feed her this dog food a little bit every hour so I'm still up doing that
I'm so damn tired

Hopefully it will pass. I don't want to think about what might happen if it doesn't

Thanks guys
>>
It's very likely it will just pass uneventfully. Dogs chew sticks and end up eating splinters of wood all the time, and while it's possible for it to cause a problem, it isn't likely.

Just keep an eye on her, follow the vet's instructions, and if she starts showing symptoms of an obstruction or bleeding in her intestines, take her back to the vet. She'll be ok!
>>
feed your dog a big meal, she will be fine, dont stress so much.
>>
>>2008554
well, fuck lad.
Not much you can do, desu, you just have to wait for injury to occur or get lucky.

>>2008577
you're retarded dear god
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.